HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

03' trans problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
03' trans problem

Hello group. I am new to this website, and heard alot of good stories about it. I have a 2003 2500 4x4 automatic diesel. Only mods are k&n air system. Yesterday I was driving down a back road pulling about #1000 trailer doing about 60mph, then someone in front of me turned, so I slowed down to a stop. The trans fluid did have alot of little bubble on it but it was full and didnt look to bad. When I started back up the trans would not shift out of first, I tried to manually go through the gears with the shifter but nothing changed. When i found a place to pull over I cut the truck off then turned it back on and went through reverse, overdrive,2, and first, the truck was fine. It goes into all the gears but there is no power in first anymore. starting up a hill, or just regular driving it feels like it is slipping, it takes off slower than usual even with rasing the RPMs . I changed to filter and emptied the pan on the trans, nothing changed. Anyone have an ideas? I know this probably has nothing to do with it but, there was a puddle of red fluid under the truck and spray all under the hood this morning, i thought it was trans fluid, but turns out the water pump bearing went out in it too.

Thank you,
steve
Old 08-24-2009, 07:59 PM

the truck is throwing P0700 (code trans control sys malfunction)
Old 08-24-2009, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like the solinoids and Transduccer electronics may have bit the big one. The lack of power in first could be slipage or TC that is inefficent in fluid cuppling state. Mine was doing the same thing before the rebuild. New parts and billit converter with a modified stator and WOW what a difference is all I can say without edited
Old 08-25-2009, 08:59 AM

i am having a simular problem.... my truch only reaches about 28 mph wide open. i just rebuilt the trans and never feel it shift... can pull it down in first and can feel a hard shift down so im assumeing its shifting but not gaining speed. it doesnt show any codes and the engine light never comes on... im thinkin it might be my accumulator not allowin it to build up pressure.... can anyone help???????
Old 08-25-2009, 08:59 PM

First thing to do is change the gov't soleniod and transducer. They are the sensors in the VB that reads pressure and tells things when to shift, in a nut shell. There is really alot more to it, but that's all you really need to know.

Other thing to look at, especially adamstheman, is your TV cable adjusted properly. If your in OD by 28mph, you need to tighten it up.

TV adjustment quide:

1- Locate the TV cable mounted on the drivers side. It sits just in front of the rear fluid return line of the tranny. Just a bracket with one bolt holding it on, and a cable that loops from the front, so that it comes into the bracket from the rear.

2- Have someone press the gas pedal to the floor and hold it. Obviously while the truck is shut off. Reach up and push the lever that the cable is attached to towards the bracket, or rear. It should only have about 1/4 of an inch of travel left. Not bottomed out, and no more than a 1/4 inch.

3- To adjust, just use a hammer and short piece of metal to bent the bracket in the needed direction. Don't get crazy. You can strip out the one bolt that holds the bracket on.

Good luck fellas. Hope this helps.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Banned

X2 on the governor pressure solenoid and gp sensor.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:05 AM

the only electronics inside my transmission are a pair of solenoids that make up one piece..... i was told that they were for putting it into overdrive.... i do have an inline sensor but i dont no if its for temp or pressure. the truck is a 94 w/cummins has the 47re trans
Old 08-26-2009, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by annabelle
X2 on the governor pressure solenoid and gp sensor.
the only electronics inside my transmission are a pair of solenoids that make up one piece..... i was told that they were for putting it into overdrive.... i do have an inline sensor but i dont no if its for temp or pressure. the truck is a 94 w/cummins has the 47re trans