1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

What did you do to your Gen 1 today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 07:06 PM

Received 1,037 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by BHD
I thought about taking my '90 out for a ride today, then I just shut the door and opened a 15 pack of IPA. Summer will be here in 4 months or so.
15 pack? Is that something like a baker's dozen?
Old 02-23-2018, 07:09 PM

Received 1,037 Likes on 762 Posts
You easterners have shipped your cold weather west. We've been cold for two weeks. 57° right now. Time for me to crawl under the electric blanket.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:34 PM

Received 308 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by BHD
Hangovers are for amateurs.
I just love it when people tell me that they don't get/have never had hangovers. I tell them they haven't tried hard enough!!

Plus a hangover is just a good excuse for a couple beers with breakfast. Coffee Stout comes to mind.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:40 AM

Received 1,331 Likes on 862 Posts
Got Sno-ball all fixed up today....info on the solenoid I got is over in the Sno-ball thread.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...-325284/page9/
Old 02-24-2018, 07:04 AM
BHD

Received 386 Likes on 256 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFusion

Plus a hangover is just a good excuse for a couple beers with breakfast. Coffee Stout comes to mind.
Yup, the latest choice is MudLust from Sly Fox Brewing.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:19 AM

Received 113 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by BHD
I thought about taking my '90 out for a ride today, then I just shut the door and opened a 15 pack of IPA. Summer will be here in 4 months or so.
Mmm... Founder's All Day IPA.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:21 AM
BHD

Originally Posted by N. Besonderes
Mmm... Founder's All Day IPA.
That's my beer of choice every time!!!
Old 02-24-2018, 09:35 AM

Received 113 Likes on 68 Posts
Torpedo Extra IPA from Sierra Nevada is what I always keep on hand. It's quite a bit heavier than a session IPA but I still pound like a hundred of 'em when I'm out working on the truck and stuff. Never get tired of it.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:49 AM
BHD

Originally Posted by N. Besonderes
Torpedo Extra IPA from Sierra Nevada is what I always keep on hand. It's quite a bit heavier than a session IPA but I still pound like a hundred of 'em when I'm out, working on the truck and stuff. Never get tired of it.
Torpedo is good, I just had their Hop Bullet yesterday and that is also a very good brew.

I'm glad these microbreweries have taken off, it has turned my addiction into a hobby.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:14 PM

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
Today I installed a new seat cover from Seat Covers Unlimited. It is the A-Tac Camo pattern, which I think goes well with the tan interior. It fits pretty Dean good and the build quality seems great!
Now I just need to replace the carpet and broken plastic pieces. Got to make some armrests out of wood too so I have a better handle to close the door with. Wouldn’t hurt anything to put a 5 speed in the thing either to get rid of the piece of tin covering where the PO put it to cover the trans shifter hole.

After i I got the seat cover installed I decided to try and fix the light in the middle of the dash that had been bouncing around and driving me nuts. I took the dash part way apart thinking I definitely had it fixed. However, upon getting the dash just enough apart for me to see it better I discovered that the two tabs holding the metal bracket for the light to the dash were already broken off. I guess I’ll just deal with it for now. I’m sure there is a way to fix it, but it is a LITTLE but better than it was. Still will bounce around though.

Yesterday the truck did a small amount of work and hauled some furniture for some people in my community.
This is about as much snow as we have had here this year in Southern Utah. It was 60 degrees or so on Christmas and dry. Now we’re getting the cold that was expected around the holidays. You folds with a bunch of snow are welcome to send it this way! We need the snow pack! Currently we are at about 30% of normal.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Goose (02-25-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 06:12 AM
KRB

Received 495 Likes on 349 Posts
Nice looking truck. I like the steelies.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by KRB
Thanks! It needs some body work and paint, but I guess it could be worse. Someday I’ll find someone around here that will help me do it. I’ve got two new quarter panels and a different inner fender liner, along with a different driver’s door. Stinkin deer that jumped in front of the P.O. and then a 4th one that ran into the driver’s door. I have debated whether it is worth it to give up the ability to use a shell and get a flatbed in order to have a cheaper paint job just to do the cab. I don’t mind the look of flatbeds, but the dog likes riding in the shell on cold days when I have it on more than in the open bed.

The wheels didn’t turn out to bad for a spray can job huh? They are just the stock wheels, but repainted. I wish they were 8” wide, but they were cheaper to repaint than buying new rims.

I plan to buy an old set of rear leaf springs to replace a leaf or two in the front leaf pack. I figure that will be cheaper than buying a new set of leafs, and could give me the same amount of lift in the front. I just want to bring it up some so I have more than 1/2” between the bump stop.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:22 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by KRB
Me too!

Personally, I would find a local spring shop, take them out, drop them off.

Tell them, add 2 leafs, replace the main spring with a new, thicker main spring, new bushings, and 2.5 to 3" of arch. Make me 3 new u bolts.

Under no circumstances would I throw out the original springs. I made that mistake already, replacing them with new , aftermarket units. Regretfully so.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Me too!

Personally, I would find a local spring shop, take them out, drop them off.

Tell them, add 2 leafs, replace the main spring with a new, thicker main spring, new bushings, and 2.5 to 3" of arch. Make me 3 new u bolts.

Under no circumstances would I throw out the original springs. I made that mistake already, replacing them with new , aftermarket units. Regretfully so.
When you say add 2 new leafs, do you mean use them to replace a couple of the leafs? I just don’t want the front springs on this truck to be any stiffer. That’s why I was thinking of using a leaf or two from a rear leaf pack to replace a couple leafs.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:59 AM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
The rear spring is longer and has much more arch to them than the front.
If you use a few of the lower leaves on the front expect quite a bit of lift.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Gen 1 today?