1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

What did you do to your Gen 1 today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 03:04 PM

Received 1,038 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
You can also weld a nut to the underside of the bed.
Nuts under the bed? O.....Kay!
Old 01-15-2018, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
17" Perfect! Now where's my tape.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:45 PM

Received 214 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by 1stGEN'93
I really like this idea, but I can’t find those things that the eyelet threads into. Does anyone know what they are called? There is a Fastenall store in town from where I live. Maybe they would have some.
I stopped by my local U-haul the other day to get a price on the biggest truck they have and a car hauler from CA to AR ( $5170!!!!! ) and saw that they had them hanging on the wall, but they were 3/8” thread on the eyelets instead of 1/2”
Old 01-15-2018, 10:51 PM

Well, I pulled my 2nd gen transfer case apart today from my 73. I found a broken snap ring, destroyed tailshaft bushing and tailshaft seal. Everything else looks good, so hopefully I can find the parts I need soon, and swap my HD case back in. I’m currently running a Light Duty case that I borrowed, and I’m paranoid that I’m going to break it.
The following users liked this post:
mknittle (01-16-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 10:55 PM

I keep getting a pop up that says “Congratulations” and that I’ve won free stuff on Amazon, and it wouldn’t let me post a picture. Man, I try to scroll up in this thread to see what I’ve missed and this thing keeps making me close the page and open a new one. I’m clicking the “view this thread” link from my email notifications to get here.... what a PITA
Old 01-16-2018, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Received 562 Likes on 411 Posts
Originally Posted by 73CrewCab
I keep getting a pop up that says “Congratulations” and that I’ve won free stuff on Amazon, and it wouldn’t let me post a picture. Man, I try to scroll up in this thread to see what I’ve missed and this thing keeps making me close the page and open a new one. I’m clicking the “view this thread” link from my email notifications to get here.... what a PITA
You've got malware on your device, adware probably. These bastiges think that screwing up your computer is going to make you want to buy their products, morons. It can be tough to get rid of, but it can be done. I am almost sold on the American developed PC matic, because virtually every other antivirus app is foriegn made and, in my opinion, can't be trusted. Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with pcmatic, I just like their commercials ...Mark
Old 01-16-2018, 11:42 AM

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by maybe368
You've got malware on your device, adware probably. These bastiges think that screwing up your computer is going to make you want to buy their products, morons. It can be tough to get rid of, but it can be done. I am almost sold on the American developed PC matic, because virtually every other antivirus app is foriegn made and, in my opinion, can't be trusted. Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with pcmatic, I just like their commercials ...Mark
I started getting the same thing on my IPhone a few weeks ago. It gets really annoying so I try not to use the IPhone. It only happens on this website. It didn’t start until I had been reading this thread a lot. I hope it is not this site that caused the problem as there is tons of good info here. Usually Apple devices don’t get pop-ups EVER, so I’m a little confused. I tied deleting all my history, cookies and cache, and everything. I also made sure pop ups are blocked on my browser. They are, but I’m still getting them...
Old 01-16-2018, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 1stGEN'93
I started getting the same thing on my IPhone a few weeks ago. It gets really annoying so I try not to use the IPhone. It only happens on this website. It didn’t start until I had been reading this thread a lot. I hope it is not this site that caused the problem as there is tons of good info here. Usually Apple devices don’t get pop-ups EVER, so I’m a little confused. I tied deleting all my history, cookies and cache, and everything. I also made sure pop ups are blocked on my browser. They are, but I’m still getting them...

Is there a name in the corner, Like ad-something? It didn't come from this site, because I don't have it. Try the free version of malwarebytes here:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/ ...Mark
Old 01-16-2018, 01:43 PM

Is there a name in the corner, Like ad-something? It didn't come from this site, because I don't have it. Try the free version of malwarebytes here:

I’ll screenshot it next time it pops up and post it here.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:49 PM

Malware bytes is good but only covers the latest and greatest. I would stay away from PC-Matic and McAfee. I use ESET. I have used Symantec/Norton in the past and it is good.

Edwin
Old 01-16-2018, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by edwinsmith
Malware bytes is good but only covers the latest and greatest. I would stay away from PC-Matic and McAfee. I use ESET. I have used Symantec/Norton in the past and it is good.

Edwin
From recent experience, it is very difficult to remove some of these invasive programs because they spread themselves out in your computer like a plague and proceed to fight your every effort to clear them. They even can prevent you from downloading a program to get rid of it. You may notice that the ads try to sell you something that you have already bought or something that you searched. They can scan your cache, search history and about anything else on your computer. They can even put themselves into your backup, or prevent you from backing up. I don't like them very much, in fact, I like pond scum better ...Mark
Old 01-16-2018, 02:49 PM

From recent experience, it is very difficult to remove some of these invasive programs because they spread themselves out in your computer like a plague and proceed to fight your every effort to clear them. They even can prevent you from downloading a program to get rid of it. You may notice that the ads try to sell you something that you have already bought or something that you searched. They can scan your cache, search history and about anything else on your computer. They can even put themselves into your backup, or prevent you from backing up. I don't like them very much, in fact, I like pond scum better ...Mark
I think I fixed it. Supposedly you can get rid of it on your mobile device by closing the window it pops up on, but leaving he browser open, going to settings, turn on airplane mode, clear cache, data, and history, close browser, turn airplane mode off, and finally reopen your browser. Seems to be working so far.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:51 PM

See if your Antivirus has a bootable CD/Diskette/USB option. That way you can boot from the AV media and scan/remove any malware from your hard disk without your infected OS being in the picture. You'll probably have to use an uninfected PC to make the bootable media unless your AV company can supply it. If you try to use the infected machine you'll just infect the disinfectant.

But in severe cases I have had to completely format the user's hard disk and reinstall everything. Takes about a half day of my very expensive time and gets the user a very severe tongue lashing. It's getting hard to stay away from the crap.

One thing to do is to NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES click on any ads you see on a web page you don't trust with your life. And when you're not sure research it completely and then don't do it. Don't rely on an antivirus to completely protect your PC. There is such a thing as a ZERO-DAY malware that comes out before the AV companies have had a chance to update their AV signatures and get them downloaded to all users. When in doubt see the above and then don't do it.

Edwin
Old 01-16-2018, 03:54 PM

I just measured the height of my receiver hitch from the ground. It's 17-1/2 inches to the bottom edge of the receiver. I think I'll call it good.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:18 PM

Checked transfer case fluid as it has a bad rear output seal. It is almost completely empty again. I knew I was going to have to replace the seal, but was hoping I could drive the truck still until I replaced it. Now I’m realizing that that is not going to happen as I’ve only put about 10 miles on it since I filled it up after finding it empty.

My next problem is I’m not sure what transfer case I have as the truck was swapped to a 47rh by the previous owner. Can someone tell me from these pictures what transfer case I have? I’m hoping to go and get the seal tomorrow and start tearing into it. I figure I’ll replace the u-joints while I’m at it.
[img]webkit-fake-url://ad5e510f-8a7e-4126-a528-df0e34bebfcf/imagejpeg[/img]
[img]webkit-fake-url://10b76769-592e-463a-9572-0a5fbada1e5b/imagejpeg[/img]

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Gen 1 today?