HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

flashing lights

Old 04-08-2004, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flashing lights

have a 99 dodge cummins diesel w/ 4 inch stainless exhaust, high flow banjo's, 275 injectors, afe cannon air cleaner, edge ez,
boost fooler elbow, & 2 electric pumps, one by the tank and the other on the motor. have had this setup for about a year and a half with no problems. last week coming home truck starts surging, replaced fuel filter trucks running like a animal again. left the truck sit for a week go to drive it runs like a animal for about 30 minutes then power falling off, light shows up water in fuel, check engine, and check gauges. my oil pressure gauge dropping to nothing then climbing just like someone throwing a light switch.
i topped of the diesel and drained the fuel cannister but still light showing water in fuel is on, the truck falls on its face will only make about 15lbs boost. any suggests????????????

thanks matt.......................
Old 04-09-2004, 05:32 AM

When you drain the cannister, you should wipe off the WIF sensor in the bottom.

It sounds like you may have had quite a bit of water in the tank. If so, you may have to use some biocide to kill algae growing in the tank. Do a web search on Diesel Biocide. If you have it, it should show up as a thick gelatanous mess. It will clog the filter as soon as it gets to the cannister.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:46 PM

well today i changeg the oil & fuel filter and cleaned the afe air filter, took out the cannister filter down by the fuel tank and checked my two elctric pumps. drove it home can hit about 70mph but anything over half throttle on the pedal about 20lbs of boost the truck seems to be starving for fuel. the more you push on the pedal the more the engine stumbles and the damned gauges light still comes on and of and the oil pressure gauge drops to nothing then hits 40 everytime the gauges light goes. any suggests??????????
Old 04-10-2004, 06:26 AM

There is a possibility that the APPS could be bad (try recalibrating).

Any fluctuations on the tachometer when it starts doing this? Could be the CPS.

MAP Sensor?

Any codes set?
Old 04-10-2004, 07:01 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Check your fuel filter again, if it has more water, you may have to drain your tank and send that last gas station a bill.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:26 PM

well guys today i topped of my tank and still have the water in fuel light on check engine light and check gauges light, i made a appointment at a local diesel shop and truck is going tomorrow. however tonight i removed the edge ez and took the truck for about a 1/2 spin. no lights flashing, was able to make 35 lbs boost
anytime i wanted too, and had fuel throttle pedal. the truck has power, but not like when it was running before i started having problems. the motor doesn't rev
or build rpms as quick, but still compared to the last week its running pretty good.
do you guys think it could be just the ez went south?
Old 04-16-2004, 11:41 PM

i replied once but dont think it was posted, i am taking to truck tomorrow to a diesel shop, so tonight i removed the edge and then took the truck for a ride.
all the flashing lights are gone and i have full pedal on the throttle and can hit 35lbs boost anytime. the truck doesnt perform like it did when it was running good in the past, but i seemed to be pretty decent. could the edge have been my problem all along? thanks guys for your replies........ matt
Old 04-18-2004, 01:32 PM

Sounds like the Edge. Just a suggestion......create a signature that describes your truck, especially the add ons. Good luck.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:27 PM

thanks guys for all your replies, i was able to fix the truck without taking it to the shop. the night i unplugged the ez i didnt see the connectors, but the following morning i did. the plug from the ez to map sensor plug all the 3 prongs were all green and slimy. anyways i cleaned the harness plug with a spray i use on rc car electric motors and it disolved the green the i used compressed air blew it out plugged everything together, and then reconnected battery's. truck runs like an animal again. who would have thought that little plug would have made such a mess. thanks again............. matt