ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Drag Wars

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevin, or anyone building a Super Street truck have you looked at the new NHRDA rules for Super Street this year?

http://www.nhrda.com/Rules.htm

Looks like you will be pushed into prostreet, if you want to run the fuel cell and batteries in the back.

Good news about prostreet is you can run full slicks, bad news is you will be competing with guys that only weigh 4500lbs w/ driver, and are 4 linked ect...

I haven't looked at the rules in months, and I just read on compd that you couldn't run a hood stack in super street, I was like what the heck, I am sure it was open, but nope they are tightening up that class.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:27 AM

Yeah I am being forced to prostreet.. sucks,, but oh well, I should be ok as long as I can make laps.. alot of those guys tend to break.. I shouldnt be too much off the pace anyways.. kinda anxious to see how bad traction is going to be for me this year, I have figured out some slicks for my truck if I need too.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:44 AM

Yeah I think a number of the guys that you were competing with at the top of that class, will be bumped this year too.

With some slicks and that new motor setup, I think you should be right in the hunt.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:11 PM

Good news about Super Street is that you can run slicks if you are 2wd, plus a 5k lbs. min weight also bodes well.

Is there much point on running slicks on a 4by when you can't warm up the fronts properly? A twinsticked t-case would be handy in that situation.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:06 PM

I think your right about the front slicks tate. But what about running cheater slicks? I belive they get traction at a lower temp than full slicks. Maybe some sort of heating device could get them up to temp?
Old 01-29-2010, 10:36 PM

Ive been doing alot of thinking on this. And this is my thoughts. I think that even the front end skates a little bit it still should be ok. I cant really even do a brake stand anyways unless i turn off some torque management and I dont really want to do that either. I almost can make it with street tires, so the extra grip that even cold slicks have should be the edge I need.

Now the trick is to find a slick that will fit on my truck, which after a bunch of research I think I have found. M&H makes a 1300 x 16 which is 32 inches tall, and will grow an inch at about 100 MPH which should give me a top speed of around 139 maybe even 140 MPH. Where as with the 32 inch tall tires I have right now I could only get 134 mph (my math might be off slightly) The biggest problem is that these tires are 273 each USD and then I would need tubes at 75 USD each, and rims and I would have to shave the rotors front and rear.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by morkable
Ive been doing alot of thinking on this. And this is my thoughts. I think that even the front end skates a little bit it still should be ok. I cant really even do a brake stand anyways unless i turn off some torque management and I dont really want to do that either. I almost can make it with street tires, so the extra grip that even cold slicks have should be the edge I need.

Now the trick is to find a slick that will fit on my truck, which after a bunch of research I think I have found. M&H makes a 1300 x 16 which is 32 inches tall, and will grow an inch at about 100 MPH which should give me a top speed of around 139 maybe even 140 MPH. Where as with the 32 inch tall tires I have right now I could only get 134 mph (my math might be off slightly) The biggest problem is that these tires are 273 each USD and then I would need tubes at 75 USD each, and rims and I would have to shave the rotors front and rear.

Yeesh, with all that, it might be cheaper and easier, to throw a battery back up front, dump the exhaust just behind the front wheel, and put a hellman sump on the stock tank, and keep it in super street.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:56 PM
The Guru

Brett, you know why they would force people to run the next class up? To me a fuel cell is a safety issue and the battery transplant is pretty minor. They want everyone to run pro-street next year, leave the street driven trucks for the other two cat's. Anyways, its going to interesting to see who gets the fastest ride, as their is some real fast trucks going for that top spot in pro-street.

Again, we probably have the tuffest trucks in the area, all into one cat. At least they reduced the weight limit from super-stock, probably force everyone to drop down to 4500 lbs.