Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   ABDTR #5 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/)
-   -   Drag Wars (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/abdtr-5-123/drag-wars-250466/)

dvst8r 08-21-2009 11:30 AM

Drag Wars

Good luck tonight Kev, I hope you get your 9.xx :cool:

Anyone else going?

kennyblatz 08-21-2009 12:08 PM

whatever happens keep us posted, good luck kevin

Dr. Evil 08-21-2009 01:14 PM

He said he will have video

morkable 08-21-2009 01:40 PM

Thanks guys,, Kelly is going to be running the video. I have tuned it down a bit, just so I dont break tonight,, I will probably dial it up sunday and see if there is a 9 in there.... also I will probably get kicked off the track if I run a 9.. between not having a proper roll cage, and no tranny blanket, and no competition license

dvst8r 08-21-2009 02:08 PM

Did you just dial back the spray? Or did you turn down your tune as well?

morkable 08-22-2009 01:00 AM

Just dialed back the nitrous.. got some runs in today,, lots of problems with fuel,,, running out before the 1/8 mile mark... the problem we were having last week is still there,, going to drill the tank and put a draw straw on in the morning.. sure was launching hard though,, spun the tires every pass, 1 run over 300 feet of rubber, before it ran out of fuel... should be some good stuff tomorrow if they prep the track better and I get the fuel issue figured out.

Ill keep you posted

morkable 08-22-2009 07:36 PM

Well my fass is definately dying. I removed the factory lift pump, and put a hose straight in for the fass, pressure still drops off,, got it maxed out, seems to hold at around 21 psi, maxed out.. have to replace that I guess.. Been launching really hard,, but I have been having alot of problems with the tranny going into limp mode on me,, havent really had a good run at all... actually have only ran 2 complete passes which were both really slow due to the fuel pressure problem... see what happens tomorrow I guess, have no idea what to dial in at,,

Dr. Evil 08-22-2009 08:12 PM

Thats too bad - hopefully you can get some warranty on that one. If not, it might be time to switch to an Airdog.

morkable 08-22-2009 08:42 PM

Yes it might be, going to try for warranty though and sell it then.. I will go to a bigger one then

Swamp_Donkey 08-23-2009 12:18 PM

Hope you get in a good run Kevin! Would a 47 rh help you out any or do you have to keep your 48re?

dvst8r 08-23-2009 08:03 PM

I have been away camping all weekend, just walked in the door. I'm glad to see the boots held, but sad to see that you have other issues.

Hopefully you got at least one decent run in this weekend.

Doj Dewd 08-23-2009 11:03 PM

you may want to look into a mitusa pump if you are going to be replacing the fass.

in talks with opie he has kits available for dual cp3's and the gusher pump (bigger one of two choices) will put out 200 psi if needed - of course this is controlled with a regulator.

morkable 08-24-2009 12:02 AM

Well as it turned out the fuel pump was the least of my worries this weekend.... I finally got all the other bugs out, and then I found a new way to screw things up,, lol. I put a sightline in my block, from either tire you can look through my engine and see the other tire. Amazing thing is, the truck was still making power for another 600 feet after this happened,, and even when I finally got the truck stopped it was still running, I had actually shut the truck off... lots of parts and oil all down the track...

I guess time for that dream engine,,, got any spare blocks in your garage there Mike,, LOL

Diesel Dave2 08-24-2009 12:33 AM

Wow....Thats not good..:o

morkable 08-24-2009 01:13 AM

No, not good,, know anyone with a engine for sale,, cheap,, lol