3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

denied and for what?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dealer I bought my truck from actually asked me if I wanted the exhaust changed and/or a "chip" put on it at the time of sale....I declined. Talked to the tech that worked on my interior light issue and he was trying to get me to put a programmer on it... Again, I declined. Personally, I believe the engine has enough power to hurt the truck if you're using it for towing/pulling as it is, so I don't feel the need for a power adder.
I got a thought on increasing injection duration, could it be that the earlier you start injecting fuel, and the later you continue to inject fuel, all translates to more heat being generated. Excessive heat can be destructive to injectors....they are designed to take xxxx amount of heat loading, then xxxxx amount of cooling cycle (time between power strokes on each cylinder) I kinda think of it like if you took all the valve lash out of the intake and exhaust valves, you could get more air in the cylinders, and more out due to the valves opening slightly sooner and closing slightly later right? But, what happens to the valve seats and sealing surfaces? They eventually overheat and burn from not having enough cooling time between heat load cycles. Just a quick thought.....
Old 01-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Banned

yes the general manager of the dealership in question is involved as is chrysler. they flagged the truck in the system before I had even called to find out the details of the repairs. in writing I have not got anything from them in writing. they do not seem willing to do that , so now what? I am expecting another call today from the gm of that dealership with more info. so by opening and closong the injectors the same amount of times per revolution will cause them to wearout faster? this thread was not about that anyhow, I really would like info on how to get to the bottom of the ecm and odometer readings and why they are differant. knowing it has not had a downloader on it.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...316#post972316

Post 1, 7, & 8 in the thread look like the truck might have had a few things done to it.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by BlackSunShyne
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...316#post972316

Post 1, 7, & 8 in the thread look like the truck might have had a few things done to it.
He said he has a few diesels in his lineup...........

The original question has nothing to do where this thread has gone.

I don't see where the guy asked to be judged whether he had a downloader or not. If he's is saying it never had one, why does everyone doubt it?
Old 01-17-2008, 04:25 PM

I guess since there has been NO downloader, I would be putting the question about the mileage and such NOT making sense straight at those who HAVE connected their equipment to the truck, that would be putting the blame AT the dealership.

Once you have the return call from the GM of the dealership, if that person has not listened to you about your trucks 'stock' engine, and IF Chrysler is not listening, then your ONLY alternative IS to take legal action and retain a lawyer. It may well be that if they see you are willing to take a genuine legal step in a direction that may result in their loss, they just might get a little more accommodating.

They should not have flagged your truck in their system on assumptions, they should have properly investigated all this beforehand. I would be asking them about the possibility of a tech making an error with their equipment that could have resulted in you problems regarding the mileage. We all know that computers are only as capable as the person operating them, that if some step in a process is done wrong it screws stuff up, etc. I certainly would work to force them into proving via some data log/record on the trucks ECM that there claims have validity. Otherwise, I think your only possible salvation is to get an attorney to work in that direction. Any kind of programming glitch could have happened by a tech, a spike in electrical feed, just too many things possible.

CD
Old 01-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by huntr70
He said he has a few diesels in his lineup...........

The original question has nothing to do where this thread has gone.

I don't see where the guy asked to be judged whether he had a downloader or not. If he's is saying it never had one, why does everyone doubt it?
exactly, I am not going to sit here and say it over and over. I need info on finding out why this this has the discrepancy without ever having been downloaded other than the factory flash at the 38,??? mark. doing the math and seeing the differance has eliminated that . the only other way it could have happened has been eliminated, I knew it would not happened while in this shops hands , but had to ask. they verified my thoughts never. anyone with info on how to or any ideas on why this would be incorrect please pm me. I do not have the energy to fight with those of you who tend to judge without knowing what your talking about. if they void it for the exhaust and fuel pump and air cleaner ,cool. just tell me why the ecm is differant it has not had a downloader on it. fighting with the manufacturer over a part known to fail often is assinine. but trying to prove something you know is not possible. asking for support info leads me to what I had already got from the dealer, more finger pointing and less "working together to find the reason". any of you know why? I did have a truck like that once this one replaced it as my driver. I have the parts that were on it. I used them on an automatic truck . just sold it and am planning on doing the same to this one "now that I have a new 08 " remembering I had no intention on getting it and none to mod this 03 other than the cosmetic mods it had(air cleaner stock box mods, 4 inch exhaust and the fass) the other 03 cost me tons in broken parts. thats why I bought and planned on leaving this one alone. the auto was really an e04. now you know that history ,if you have anything worthwhile I would be glad to have it. ohh I do love my zoom clutches, I would like to hear from Gary Croyle at zoom I have lost my contact info through out the last year and divorce.guess who has the one that had the tst on it? as always all worthwhile info is not here. thanks to those that offered real advice and info. I will pm you with the updates me for asking here.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:17 PM

If you have never had any performance enhancing device that changes fuelling then you have an arguement. It doesn't matter what the dealer called it, if there has been a performance enhancing device on the truck that messes with fuelling then that is the chance a guy takes when it is under warranty. I don't think you could honestly fight it if there have been any kind of fuelling mods. Now on the other hand I think the actual law states that if the dealer suspects the failure is due to a mod, then they have to prove it.