3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

denied and for what?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
denied and for what?

took my 03 to the local dealer to get the bad injector fixed. I got a call this aftenoon, denied you have had a downloader on this truck. I said what I have never had one or used one, FACTS. I do not lie never have never will. I am trying to figure out how they came to this determination I have run a downloader, knowing I have not. so I question them and get the answer your ecm mileage does not match the actual, ok. now how did this happen ,I have not ran a downloader? any clues from anyone out there? I called the dealer that I had service the truck back in 05 ,said what is up and they flashed the ecm back then and the mileage was good and 38,??? something. now they say the ecm reads 41,??? , and the truck is 73,9??. downloader has been there ever so I want to fight it bad. almost willing to pay 10 times the cost of the repairs to prove my point to the service guy that called me a liar, bad move. I will get the last
Old 01-14-2008, 08:02 PM

Man that sucks, sorry I can't help though.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I call bull on that Dealer, they think you had one and are hoping you will admit to it. Stick to your guns and call Chrysler yourself.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 PM

Go in there and make them show you everything they have to say...
Old 01-14-2008, 09:00 PM

I would confront the dealer and make them PROVE there is a downloader/programmer - show me their evidence, then I would also make them put this warranty denial in writing. From there I would bring in the Chrysler people/area representative. There is NO excuse for unfounded claims, they are just trying to get you to pay for your repairs. Remember that the dealer is NOT the final word, make them bring Chrysler into the picture, also make sure they fully know that you WILL take legal action.

CD
Old 01-14-2008, 09:06 PM

You might want to call Edge or TST and see if their boxes would have contributed to your problem. I assume you use these on your 03. They are in your User Profile.

I realize they are not downloaders, but they do trick/fool the ECM and may have caused the misinformation.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 PM

This concerns me, as it has been a fear of mine since I bought my truck. We have all of those who have used programmers and then tried to get their trucks fixed under warranty when things go bad. Also another reason I will be real hesitant to buy a used diesel truck.

Sure, make them prove it, maybe they actually will have proof, maybe not. People have lied about this very thing before. If they have proof, they will stick to their guns. Good luck.

Gman
Old 01-14-2008, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by djbikeman
You might want to call Edge or TST and see if their boxes would have contributed to your problem. I assume you use these on your 03. They are in your User Profile.

I realize they are not downloaders, but they do trick/fool the ECM and may have caused the misinformation.

Bingo! They may have said programmer when they should have said box............semantics..........The edge raises rail pressure,known to shorten life of injectors the tst keeps them open longer,again Cummins did not build it that way.

Bob
Old 01-14-2008, 10:11 PM

If you can't make headway with the dealer in question, try taking it to a rival Dodge dealer; tell them what happened and that you want to file a complaint against the former. I did this a few years ago to a local dealer and not long afterward they fired most of their service dpt.

Nick
Old 01-14-2008, 10:21 PM

Fight it I was just in the same boat when my trans went down so I took it in under warn work and the called me the next day saying they are not going to cover because i had a programmer on my truck. I told them to prove it and they told me they ran a computer on it and I said so. but i stuck with my guns and told them i didnt and did not admite to having one and they replaced my trans with a new $5800 dollars covered under warr. Thanks to marco ans smarty that it leaves no footprint!!!!!!!!!!! They have to prove it and show you!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by rynemurch
Fight it I was just in the same boat when my trans went down so I took it in under warn work and the called me the next day saying they are not going to cover because i had a programmer on my truck. I told them to prove it and they told me they ran a computer on it and I said so. but i stuck with my guns and told them i didnt and did not admite to having one and they replaced my trans with a new $5800 dollars covered under warr. Thanks to marco ans smarty that it leaves no footprint!!!!!!!!!!! They have to prove it and show you!!!
Wow, Not ok for the dealer but ok for you?
Old 01-15-2008, 01:28 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by Wv7o
Wow, Not ok for the dealer but ok for you?
Oh no..... Not another ethics thread

These things get shut down quick.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by rynemurch
NAY, NAY, NAY!!
If you got big enough ones to run the programmer on a truck under warranty, you ought to have big enough ones to fess up and pay for it yourself.
And people wonder why it's getting tough to get TRUE warranty work done.....

Randy
Old 01-15-2008, 05:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by djbikeman

no edge on this truck, no tst on this truck. I have a couple diesels in my arsenal. but thanx for the input. I feel adamant about this because I am being screwed not because I am screwing. I will add one thing to the comments about the tst, yes it does open sooner and longer but is it doing something it was not going to do anyway, open and close? it would have opened and shut as well , just at differant times. but that rig is not the one at the dealer so its a moot point. the edge I have on my other early cr cummins is a injector destroyer and I know it and would not try and warrantee them because of it. not that they would warantee that ride with twins and 600hp anyhow.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bob4x4
Bingo! They may have said programmer when they should have said box............semantics..........The edge raises rail pressure,known to shorten life of injectors the tst keeps them open longer,again Cummins did not build it that way.

Bob
you will also note I work for chrysler if you read that profile. for the record I sold my 03 auto that had the tst and ez stack.

Quick Reply: denied and for what?