3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

denied and for what?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 05:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BRayls
03 2500 6spd, zoom zvt, afe stage 2, silverline 4 inch 304ss , FASS 95 ,BD x-mon; 2008 2500 6.7, 6spd auto, all stock for now anyhow
Ok, I take it that it is the 03 in your sig that is in question. I would say that they looked at it and saw the fass and BD x-mon and THOUGHT that you had a programmer/chip on it prior and took it off for the service/waranty work. I know that when I had mine brought in for some waranty work they thought I also had done this because of my gauges (I had the programmer sitting in my room but had not been installed yet). Make them proove it to you, in person, they can say all they want but to proove it to you in person is worth a thousand words.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im thinking about buying a 06 that got traded in at my dealership i work at and my buddy works at a dodge dealership he ran the vin and said dodge revoked the warranty because of a toggle switch of some kind ? maybe a tourqe conv lock up , it only has 50,000 miles on it
Old 01-15-2008, 06:53 AM

no edge on this truck, no tst on this truck.

I wasn't going to lay into you about the Edge/TST without knowing if they were on the truck you speak of.

Best of Luck dealing with these guys. Don't let up on them!!! I would certainly be sitting with the owner and Service Manager about this, and then calling DC to voice your frustrations. If a truck is stock, it's stock.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:09 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would discuss it one more time with the service manager and tech / or shop foreman and then call the 800 number in the owners manual and as Chrysler to get involved. At the minimum, I'd ask to get a district rep to get involved to mediate.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned

the call was made today, the computer shows my truck flagged for "aftermarket modifications" holes in bottom of stock airbox afe filter in it, silveline exhaust, dpp (fass) 95 ,pump only. after further inspection the ecm does not match the speedo, ecm shows 42304 miles and speedo shows 73,936. they say this means I have had a downloader for about 30,??? miles. I know it has never had one. so how did this happen without a downloader? anyone have a clue? I will get the truck right and I will prove the dealer wrong. calling me a liar, knowing I am not was a bad thing. also a call to my lawyer found they will be responsible for all costs associated with the case. it is ON
Old 01-15-2008, 11:15 AM

Don't let em get away with it....dealerships try to do this to everybody, programmers/ mods are their crutch, and they will try to push it on anyone if they think they can run it by you. By no means am I ragging on ALL dealerships or managers, but I have seen it too many times.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Banned

the call was made today, the computer shows my truck flagged for "aftermarket modifications" holes in bottom of stock airbox ]
That's why I'm ordering a new stock airbox to replace mine in the event I have to take mine in. Kinda hard to hide a 4" hole in the bottom.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:14 PM

So did Dodge do any reflashes aout 30,000 miles ago????
I know when I reflash the module on one of our trucks if I dont save customer data then it will reset the internal odometer.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DmaxEter
So did Dodge do any reflashes aout 30,000 miles ago????
I know when I reflash the module on one of our trucks if I dont save customer data then it will reset the internal odometer.
a reflash had been done at a local dealer back in 05. I called them and they said it read 38,??? miles when done.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:03 PM

Location: Used to be missoula, montana: Now in Sonoma County California
Originally Posted by RDyson
NAY, NAY, NAY!!
If you got big enough ones to run the programmer on a truck under warranty, you ought to have big enough ones to fess up and pay for it yourself.
And people wonder why it's getting tough to get TRUE warranty work done.....

Randy

A word to the many. DC just sent out a notice to all dealerships effective in december. a modified airfilter ( any air filter other than stock) holes in an air filter box, modified exhaust (any modification what so ever from stock) change in pipe diameter ect. is now grounds for voiding the factory engine warranty. its still to each dealerships discretion and mainly applies to the 07 and up trucks but still it should be noted. At a few dealerships locally i know of several cases where someone had aftermarket exhaust and a chrome tip installed on thier 6.7 and an air filter and they now own a 5k mile un-covered ticking smog bomb.

Good luck, they can claim all they want, they still have to physically prove.....a malfunctioning computer doesnt prove anything
Old 01-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My local dealer sells non stock air intake systems. It would be a bit hypocritical to now void warranty for having these systems installed.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:18 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unfortunately, 9 out of 10 times, the dealer is standing there holding ALL the cards! You have little recourse of action that is free. Lawyers cost money. Sure they will all take the case, but will they do it on contingency only? I doubt it! I have several modifications on my truck, but I am out of warranty. That may be the safest thing for all involved. The hardest part for you , BRayls, is proving that you never had a downloader on it. They have info that is fairly condenming ,according to your story. Is that the ONLY thing that they have based this conclusion on? I would ask if there were any other items that would lead them to think anything was other than stock. Again, unfortunately, you are under the burden of proof. They have theirs.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vzdude
Unfortunately, 9 out of 10 times, the dealer is standing there holding ALL the cards! You have little recourse of action that is free. Lawyers cost money. Sure they will all take the case, but will they do it on contingency only? I doubt it! I have several modifications on my truck, but I am out of warranty. That may be the safest thing for all involved. The hardest part for you , BRayls, is proving that you never had a downloader on it. They have info that is fairly condenming ,according to your story. Is that the ONLY thing that they have based this conclusion on? I would ask if there were any other items that would lead them to think anything was other than stock. Again, unfortunately, you are under the burden of proof. They have theirs.
yep this is true. and to those saying they have to prove something. I think that is probably right legally. but you have to go to court to win. to those being denied warrantee over exhaust/air filters those would fall under the magnuss-moss act. which is not the case as often as its mentioned. still playing
Old 01-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Banned

If he had the original paper work showing the reflash, and the mileage it was done wouldn't that be enough to throw it back in their face? BTW shouldn't it be their computer when the service(reflash) was done. If they can keep a blackball list of trucks in the computer then surely they have records of service performed.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:21 PM

First off BRayls, sounds like you are getting screwed. I hope all works out for you. Second, not to change the subject or even to say you pay you play, but here’s something I thought off over the weekend because I just purchased a Smarty Jr. Some of the people that play say take them to court and make them proof it. Some actually call the bluff and win. For those that don't how far are you willing to go? I mean most of us have our toys in our signatures which are in public domain. Also, these toys are not cheap and have 9 times out of 10 been paid for by credit card, which also leaves a transaction history. That being said, it does not mean that because you have a signature on a website indicating you have a performance device and a credit card transaction for that device, it does not mean it was installed. However, if it waddles and quacks then most likely its a duck.

Again, not to start change the subject or start the proverbial war.

Quick Reply: denied and for what?