HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Warranty denied on v44

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty denied on v44

I just had my injection pump and lift pump fail. Dodge has said they will not warranty my truck (66400 miles) because I've add the full Banks kit. Dodge has also stated my addition equipment did not cause the problem, however they are trying to dodge... their warranty responsibilities. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestion as to how I could resolve. Also is there any documentation of injection and lift pump failures?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:51 PM

Warranty responsibilities???

As soon as you add any performance equipment, much of the warranty is void....if Im not mistaken, it explicitely states this right in your owners manual.

I suggest you call up Gayle Banks and have him cut you a cheque.

Im know its not much help, but good Luck with it nonetheless.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:30 PM

Thanks Doc Evil,
I've heard of a federal law stating manufactures have to prove the added equipment caused the failure. You sound like the Dodge reps I spoke to today.
Shane
Old 05-10-2005, 11:50 PM

They do you can contest it. Just not sure how to go about it.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:54 PM
Banned

He's right though. Once you add mods your on your own. You do have rights though. The Magnuson Moss Act states that the dealership most prove that the parts caused the part to fail. Since the dealership clearly stated that the banks kit didn't cause it to fail (although it didn't help it any), you might try asking them about this. Chances are good that they'll still deny you your warranty. You play you pay. The only things from banks that wouldn't void your warranty are the exhaust, air filter system, and gauges. Once you touch the computer or turbo your warranty is toast. And why shouldn't it be. You've asked the injection pump to perform outside of the parameters dodge set it up for. Since you caused it to do that, you caused it to fail. I know it's not what you wanted to hear but it's a fact of life. You can try the magnuson moss act but chances are they are still gonna void your warranty. Sorry buddy.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:55 PM

Were exactly are you located silkyracer?
Old 05-11-2005, 12:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the VP44 has been tampered with (wire tapped) it's your $$$. If the dealer replaces it, sends it back as they are required to do, and the wire is tapped, the warranty claim is denied and the dealer gets charged for the repair. That is one of just many sticky situations that corporate has put on the dealers in this situation.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:35 AM

Originally posted by silkyracer
Thanks Doc Evil,
I've heard of a federal law stating manufactures have to prove the added equipment caused the failure. You sound like the Dodge reps I spoke to today.
Shane
Well I certainly didnt mean to SOUND like a DC rep....of course, this is not the answer you want to hear - but its the truth...plain and simple. We have a saying around here - if you wanna play you gotta pay (I "think" it was coined by Scotty). This is why my 01 has remained UNBOMBED - I refuse to throw the warranty out the window.

Yes, you are correct, there is a law called the Magnesson-Moss Warranty Act - Ive been told by a Judge that it is very difficult if not impossible to win a case using the M&M act. After all, Daimler Chrysler has deeper pockets and more expensive Attorneys than you do. Has ANYONE won a case using the M&M Act??? Please speak up and give some details if you have....

I wish I had better news for you. I think the most likely way to get any money would be to hound Banks...after all, dont they advertise that their products will not void warranties OR cause and egine damage??

Good Luck.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:39 AM

Originally posted by killfast1
They do you can contest it. Just not sure how to go about it.
Precisely.....the M&M Act is hardly worth any more than the paper it is written on. If you want to take this to court, it will cost you a LOT more than the value of an injector pump and lift pump.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:33 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I would definitely contact Banks and see what they have to say about it.
Couldn't hurt.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:29 AM

Originally posted by BigBlue
He's right though. Once you add mods your on your own. You do have rights though. The Magnuson Moss Act states that the dealership most prove that the parts caused the part to fail. Since the dealership clearly stated that the banks kit didn't cause it to fail (although it didn't help it any), you might try asking them about this. Chances are good that they'll still deny you your warranty. You play you pay. The only things from banks that wouldn't void your warranty are the exhaust, air filter system, and gauges. Once you touch the computer or turbo your warranty is toast. And why shouldn't it be. You've asked the injection pump to perform outside of the parameters dodge set it up for. Since you caused it to do that, you caused it to fail. I know it's not what you wanted to hear but it's a fact of life. You can try the magnuson moss act but chances are they are still gonna void your warranty. Sorry buddy.
Well spoken Bigblue,, You need to save this to explain to the next few who comes on here with the warranty problems after the modify thier truck, Silkyrace sorry to hear your delima but as Bigblue states you play you pay. Maybe as infidel stated contact Banks. Goodluck,,Rick
Old 05-11-2005, 11:48 AM

I would take the dealer to small claims court. Take a copy of the applicable law and all of the paperwork and sue only for the cost of the repairs. No lawyers and no big leagal bills, just you the dealer's rep and the judge. What have you got to lose?
Old 05-11-2005, 11:51 AM

Ask around, some dealers even see a guage installed, they don't want to warranty anything. I know around here, depending on which dealer you go to, if they will overlook to gauges etc. If you bought the truck from the dealer, that's a little more incentive to fix it, to get a return customer. The service techs don't get paid as much for warranty work, and will help deny the warranty, for higher paying jobs waiting in the shop. Sad but true. my 2 cents
Old 05-11-2005, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The dealer is not the one that restricts the warranty, that is Diamler Chrysler. The dealer is just an authorized repair facility. The dealer would tell the Chrysler District Rep. what they found and the Chrysler District Rep. is the one that restricts the warranty. Save your money and time trying to take the dealer to court they are not responable. If you want to try the court option you need to take Diamler Chrysler to court. Actually I heard a lawyer tell someone once "sue them all the judge will decied who is libel" that's probably your best bet.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:38 PM

Correct me if im wrong, sure someone will. DC isn't looking at the truck, the dealer is. Its up to dealer to tell DC what they want or don't want to hear.

Example: I'm sitting on a stack of 100 dollar bills, prove me wrong. How, you can't see it from where your sitting.

Quick Reply: Warranty denied on v44