Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Why did I buy a Scotty II?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 01:55 AM

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts
Re:Why did I buy a Scotty II?

Hey Jack, and who ever feels it is not right to ask these kinda questions on the web. I agree with you if the person is down right bashing a vendor but to ask if the results they get are right or are the same as others is quite alright! Isnt that what this site is for? If not, then lets just post our pictures of our beautiful trucks and be done with it. Why do we have the "high perf./aftermarket" section anyway? Just to talk positive about all the things we just bought? I sure hope you dont feel the way you do because Scotty is part of this site or someones friend. If Scotty is making the product he promises (and tons of guys are backing) then lets help a guy who felt he didnt get his $200 worth buy showing him what to expect. He is looking to us (fellow Cummins enthusiests) for info and thats what we are here for. I'm sure Scotty gets plenty of good rap. Hey why dont you tell us to call DC when we are bashing the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th lift pump purchase? We need info and what better place to get it. Hey look at it this way. I had no idea that he wouldnt get those big reduction numbers unless he added some mods. BUT your right. We have be gentlemen about it. Sorry Scotty. Please, no offence toward you or your product. I am in the retail industry also and I know what its like.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big K,<br>Did you read the FAQ page on Scotty's site? Something along the line of stock trucks may or may not see benefits from the system. Now slap some 'real' injectors in, test, and report back ASAP ;D
Old 05-22-2003, 08:12 AM

Don't know really what I can add to this-except my experiences. Does the Scotty II provide EGT reductions? Yes-on my truck anyway (BD2s/DragCOMP/HX40). Does it filter at least as good as the stock air filter? Yes-my oil analysis after installation came back at a 4 level for silicon. Is it noisy? Yes-some people like the noise, some people hate it, and some (like me) tolerate it for the EGT reductions the product provides. I will say that you get used to the sound after a while-but rest assured it doesn't magically silence itself.<br><br>I have had a few problems with big-name vendors in the past as well. I have never-and will not now-discuss it on a public forum-(1) because I don't feel it's appropriate to air your dirty laundry in public in a place that they may or may not have the opportunity to defend themselves, (2) because even if they can defend themselves the mark is left behind regardless, and (3) because it always stirs up emotional responses just like this thread has done. I will say that Scott is a standup fella and probably if he had been contacted first he would have done everything possible including arranging for a refund on the product.....can't blame him a bit IMO for getting his back up now though.<br><br>Jason<br>
Old 05-22-2003, 09:21 AM

[quote author=Cold Diesel link=board=7;threadid=14946;start=45#140859 date=1053586933]
Now slap some &quot;real' injectors in, test, and report back ASAP ;D
[/quote]

Good Idea! With those &quot;exact&quot; injectors, I made 300 HP with the use of a timing box and a PS boost module.

With just over 30 psi of boost, EGTs could approach 1150, but rarely.

I can see why a Scotty II may not lower EGT much.......&lt;300 HP you simply dont enough heat (fuel) to need it.

Hmmmmm looks like I may need a Scotty II.....I can push the PDR40 to 38-40 psi, and EGT is still approaching 1450
Old 05-22-2003, 10:52 AM

Time for this to end.<br><br>Original post was a question, plain and simple. I'm not looking to complain, nor do I want a refund. It seems that this product may help me in the future. That is all I wanted to know. <br><br>I did not intend to &quot;cause a ruckus&quot;, or to bash Scotty or his product. I will try to be careful when asking questions in the future. <br><br>I should have called Scotty, and will do so now.<br><br>
Old 05-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Banned

Glad we got this settled. I don't think the problem was you asking the question. But that you asked it and then seemingly bashed the product before you even attempted to call the manufacturer. At least that's what I got out of this.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:17 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Nuff said, we spoke, resolved and I feel like Madonna now. <br>Uhh nevermind.<br><br>I suggest the moderators lock this one down as is.<br><br>BigK, glad we talked.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:13 AM

Lets all sit in a circle and sing kum-by-ya.... he he he....
Old 05-17-2004, 09:59 AM
Banned

Talk about an old post.