Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Why? Why why why????

Old 04-05-2008, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why? Why why why????

I ran across this article on a different site and thought I would post it here.

When did the United States of America lose its mind? Why are we buying foreign oil? Why are we not taking care of our own needs and leaving the rest of the world till after we are done with us?

Oil is just the first thrust. I have had enough. I just don't know what to do about it.

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsSt...id=42081&cat=1
Old 04-05-2008, 01:33 PM

We could use up everybody elses oil then when they have none we still have all of ours.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:07 PM

what would the oil companies have to gain by investing big $$$ drilling for more oil in the U.S.? many people believe that there is no supply shortage currently, so by drilling and having an even greater supply, it would be harder to justify the constantly increasing prices. more than likely the new supply of oil would be sold on the world market, for the same outrageous price that opec charges, while the oil companies enjoy massive tax breaks given to them by the U.S. (some of those tax breaks, given to them to ENCOURAGE exploration!)
Old 04-05-2008, 04:13 PM

I am the last person in the world that would advocate for the govt to step in and do ANYTHING. Lord knows they are way too involved the way it is. But at what point do we say enough is enough?

Why do we pay so much for fuel? Refining capacity? Supply/demand? Or just plain greed? Why is our govt padding the pocketbooks (ie, subsidies) of oil companies that are selling their oil on the world market for record profits? Why are so many wells in our country capped and we are so dependant on a foreign market?

What happened to caring about us?
Old 04-05-2008, 04:32 PM

Its kind of funny tho....Alaska is not dependent on outside oil, we do not import oil, what we refine is OUR oil...Alaskan First
Old 04-05-2008, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
Its kind of funny tho....Alaska is not dependent on outside oil, we do not import oil, what we refine is OUR oil...Alaskan First
....... but what do you pay at the pump?
Old 04-05-2008, 06:43 PM

That depends on where you are...I am paying $4.07 now for diesel...Fairbanks is .25 -.30 cheaper. On a delivery of 14000 gals. * .25 cents a gal. / 100 miles = $35.00 a mile.....don't know of any trucking company anywhere else that makes that kind of rate per mile.
Some remote villages are paying almost $7.00

BP ARCO Merger
The AIP supports the lawsuits filed by Alaskans opposing this monopolistic take over of Alaskan resources.

If the merger goes through, over 72% of Alaska's revenues will come from one source: BP. It is our position that Alaska should control Alaska not having the price of oil dictated to us by a foreign entity.

We are encouraged that even the FTC recognizes that this merger is BAD for Alaska.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
It is our position that Alaska should control Alaska

whoa now....lets not jump to conclusions here. it might be YOUR position, but remember there are plenty more out there that like being part of the US. it is awfully funny that even if AK does refine its own oil, you are still paying the same as everyone else (actually more than what I am paying right now).

I for one would hate to see alaskans controlling alaskans....there are some scary people out there who somehow end up in charge over and over again.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by ian515
whoa now....lets not jump to conclusions here. it might be YOUR position, but remember there are plenty more out there that like being part of the US. it is awfully funny that even if AK does refine its own oil, you are still paying the same as everyone else (actually more than what I am paying right now).

I for one would hate to see alaskans controlling alaskans....there are some scary people out there who somehow end up in charge over and over again.
Sorry didn't mean to go political and deleted the link in my sig. before I got in trouble.....Spaced it I guess...Remember Northern Exposure when everyone goes crazy at break up. Its either that or the chemicals in my back...
I sure hope Sarrah does us good on the gas line.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:48 AM

I appreciate the Alaskan view, but what happened to that Alaskan oil coming south to the mainland? Why can we not lower our own prices by keeping the oil produced in the US in the US? Why do we have to buy ANY oil from a foriegn source?

I realize there are huge profits to be had by selling our oil out on the market. What about our country? What about taking care of us? The strength of our nation depends on our ability to produce and we are giving that up on so many levels. Where does it stop and how do we help it along?
Old 04-06-2008, 11:05 AM

Its all about excessive geed for profit , every question is answered by the word power / money , if you think that government is not involved then you need to look deeper , the [ MULTINATIONAL ] corporations own / control the government , the corporations lawyers/lairs write the tax laws & give them to the paid for scum , that we call are leaders , to make into law , that only we the little guys have to follow .
Some day I may tell you what I really think .
Old 04-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Banned

my thoughts exactly John. The ANWR thing in AK is a bunch of BS for Bush and his big oil cronies.

Big oil wants that sooo bad because the oil is easy to get without much drilling. Plus way up there it's easier to get away with environmental blunders and they won't have to worry about the EPA. But Bush wants the red-blooded american to think that it will ease our dependence on oil from Muslim nations. We only import about 12-14% of crude from Muslim nations. With 10% of that from Saudi. We could almost do without their crude, anyway.

So you think with all of these benefits in Alaska the oil would be cheaper for us. WRONG...That oil will be the same price/barrel as any other barrel from any other country. It'll just increase more profits for the oil companies. Then they'll make even more off of the refined stuff, because they'll export it to higher paying countries. It's possible that only 1 out of 100 gallons of that AK crude would even make it to the pumps in America.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by cuccamonga
my thoughts exactly John. The ANWR thing in AK is a bunch of BS for Bush and his big oil cronies.

Big oil wants that sooo bad because the oil is easy to get without much drilling. Plus way up there it's easier to get away with environmental blunders and they won't have to worry about the EPA. But Bush wants the red-blooded american to think that it will ease our dependence on oil from Muslim nations. We only import about 12-14% of crude from Muslim nations. With 10% of that from Saudi. We could almost do without their crude, anyway.

So you think with all of these benefits in Alaska the oil would be cheaper for us. WRONG...That oil will be the same price/barrel as any other barrel from any other country. It'll just increase more profits for the oil companies. Then they'll make even more off of the refined stuff, because they'll export it to higher paying countries. It's possible that only 1 out of 100 gallons of that AK crude would even make it to the pumps in America.
exactly..... but it's not just bush, or the republicans for that matter. i've only seen the prices increase since the dems took control of the house.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:54 PM

I guess I am lost. I had always thought that America should take care of Americans. I suppose that is lost forever. How very, very sad for all of us.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:29 PM

Fuel Prices And The Fair Tax

I just read your posts and found them very interesting. I don't want to start soap boxing here but think of this. LEARN THE BASIC LAW OF ECONOMICS!!! THEY have the oil WE want it.If everyone in this country would reduce their speed by 10 mph, consolidate trips, and car pool we could do some damage to the oil supplies. You also are not taking into consideration China and India. They consume more fuel than we do. That's all i will say for now!! NOW FOR SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT.IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETNING TO HELP OUR COUNTRY HELP GET THE FAIR TAX BILL THAT HAS BEEN PRESENTED TO CONGRESS PASSED. NEVER HEARD OF IT GO TO WWW.FAIRTAX.ORG READ AND LEARN AS MUCH ABOUT IT AS YOU CAN AND TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE SOME CHANGES IN THIS COUNTRY.... Thanks for listening Augie Dog

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why? Why why why????