Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Why? Why why why????

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:39 PM
I think I can... I think...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AUGIE DOG
I just read your posts and found them very interesting. I don't want to start soap boxing here but think of this. LEARN THE BASIC LAW OF ECONOMICS!!! THEY have the oil WE want it.If everyone in this country would reduce their speed by 10 mph, consolidate trips, and car pool we could do some damage to the oil supplies. You also are not taking into consideration China and India. They consume more fuel than we do. That's all i will say for now!! NOW FOR SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT.IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETNING TO HELP OUR COUNTRY HELP GET THE FAIR TAX BILL THAT HAS BEEN PRESENTED TO CONGRESS PASSED. NEVER HEARD OF IT GO TO WWW.FAIRTAX.ORG READ AND LEARN AS MUCH ABOUT IT AS YOU CAN AND TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE SOME CHANGES IN THIS COUNTRY.... Thanks for listening Augie Dog
Here Here!!
I agree 100%

Now to the politically driven post.
IF we only get 12-14% of our crude overseas it would be more beneficial than we could ever imagine to get wells online in ANWR.
Anyone who really thinks that the reasoning for drilling in ANWR is to circumvent EPA standards would have to be several bricks shy of a full load. With environuts and ecoterrorists running rampet the crews drilling up there couldn't take a dump without someone scrutinizing it let alone bypass environmental standards.
JMHO!!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Banned

Anyone who really thinks that drilling in ANWR would help OUR diesel prices would have to be several bricks shy of a full load. How would it? Do people really think that oil would come to us at a cheaper per barrel price.

Also maybe I'm wrong, but I think the whole project would probably be pretty fenced in right? I mean can people/environuts just walk right in to another companies drilling operation?

I agree... Go FAIR TAX!!! Because after taxes I don't have the money to buy stuff. I was about $400 away from a new Goerend 3 disc, taxes and diesel has hit pretty hard and now I'm hoping to get it by fall.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by cuccamonga
Anyone who really thinks that drilling in ANWR would help OUR diesel prices would have to be several bricks shy of a full load.
Never said it would make diesel cheaper. I did say it would be to our benefit and heres how.
Increasing production at home takes some of the power to control global production levels away from OPEC AND it brings more of the profit (tax revenues) to the U.S. Now it COULD reduce fuel prices by increasing the amount of oil on the market but there's no guarantee.

Also maybe I'm wrong, but I think the whole project would probably be pretty fenced in right? I mean can people/environuts just walk right in to another companies drilling operation?
Well it may or may not be fenced in but you have to remember;
Greenpeace has ships and Helicopters and the Sierra Club has Ships and Helicopters. The helicopters will give them an aerial view of the drill sites.
there's such a thing as the "Freedom Of Information act" with that these and other whacknut groups will be scrutinizing their every move. Also you can be guaranteed that considering the political environment the left side of the isle would make sure that govt. minders would be there overseeing things if we ever did allow drilling up there.

I agree... Go FAIR TAX!!! Because after taxes I don't have the money to buy stuff. I was about $400 away from a new Goerend 3 disc, taxes and diesel has hit pretty hard and now I'm hoping to get it by fall.
We have consensus!!
Old 04-08-2008, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by capt.Ron
Also you can be guaranteed that considering the political environment the left side of the isle would make sure that govt. minders would be there overseeing things if we ever did allow drilling up there.
Tips Hat.....That's my job....I'm a green Tree Hugger but I'm not stupid, so if they want to build , I'll be ther to makes sure all specs are met where i am involved and if I see something wrong I will bring it up to the QC involoved with that area of work.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
Tips Hat.....That's my job....I'm a green Tree Hugger but I'm not stupid, so if they want to build , I'll be there to makes sure all specs are met where i am involved and if I see something wrong I will bring it up to the QC involved with that area of work.
That would make you an environmentalist as opposed the an environut or eccoterrorist.
The first is highly acceptable, the last two are deplorable. Nothing wrong with keeping an eye on things to guarantee adherence to the rules. I'm not sure that it is necessary but it doesn't hurt.
I once worked in a cement production plant. The kilns were coal fired. Now because of the temps required for cement production our emissions were well below the emissions of a coal fired power plant. No one ever complained about our operation until we proposed and started experimenting with burning waste fuels. Old paint thinners, paint, old motor oil and other chemicals that at on time had been placed in barrels and stored for yrs. Some was injected into depleted oil wells. As soon as we started burning these fuels the nutbags came crawling out from under their rocks and the politics started. They embarked on a misinformation campaign that was nothing less than out right lies. They talked of the increased emissions, deformation of cattle, wonk wonk wonk!!
The fact of the matter was that for yrs before we started burning these fuels we had instrumentation in place to read and record all of the emission levels 24/7. The system was directly connect to the state environmental agency. The levels would seldom go out of bounds and when they did not only did the state get an instant notification (electronically)but we were required to call them within the hr and notify them of the readings we were seeing as well as explain exactly why it happened.
Now here's the funny part. The burning of these waste fuels had several benefits.
  1. It disposed of substances that no one knew what to do with.
  2. It replaced about 10% of our coal usage thus saving the company money and resources. The company also got paid to burn it!!
  3. Last but not least it dramatically dropped our emmissions!!
We eventually quite burning these fuels because of public opinion. The other plant in the area continued burning it in spite of the nutbags.
Now my former employer is burning old tires as fuel. This is another smart move on everyones part. at 2800 degrees these things burn cleaner than you could ever imagine. emissions are way lower than just coal and the steel belts in the tires combine with the product thus increasing production.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nothing wrong with burning most of that stuff if the temps are kept high enough. We have household hazardous waste disposal days here and Im sure they pour in the old paints and solvents and cook them to dispose of the stuff.
As the economy tanks, were going to have a very difficult time affording all these emissions laws that have been put in place. All the emissions and soot control on new diesels must cost a fortune. I know its expensive to repair when it breaks =(
Old 04-08-2008, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by kawi600
Nothing wrong with burning most of that stuff if the temps are kept high enough. We have household hazardous waste disposal days here and Im sure they pour in the old paints and solvents and cook them to dispose of the stuff.
As the economy tanks, were going to have a very difficult time affording all these emissions laws that have been put in place. All the emissions and soot control on new diesels must cost a fortune. I know its expensive to repair when it breaks =(
Hopefully the economy won't tank!!
BTW hows that 99 WR runnin for ya?
Mine started making a bangin sound in the top end. Much like a vale hitting the top of the piston.
Just did it out of the blue.
I was riding, stopped to rest for a while and when I started it ... Bang Bang Bang!!
I shut it down right away and towed it back to camp.
Haven't had a chance to work on it yet.