Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Why did I buy a Scotty II?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 09:34 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Re:Why did I buy a Scotty II?

BigK: Can you tell me your EGTs and where they are measured (pre-post) and the boost you are running ? Maybe, since you have recorded values you could give us the complete set. (Ambient temp, elevation, boost, EGT) for each step. I think this could help the experts to sort out what made your disappointing results.<br><br>cumminsgetsome: Can you post your numbers too? I found, before going to a BHAF that my EGT-s went up significantly when my filter minder went to the red mark. ( new filter in there). There was no difference in EGTs with the boot removed on my truck. And there was no difference in the filter minder.<br><br>I am in no way affiliated with any vendor, but I am looking for maybe some more air, depending on the next mods. Hence I am interested in the facts and numbers from happy campers as well as from disappointed customers. <br><br>Let's keep it civilized.<br><br>AlpineRAM
Old 05-21-2003, 09:38 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Something I posted awhile back...<br><br>https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=14742
Old 05-21-2003, 09:52 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

[quote author=TPilaske link=board=7;threadid=14946;start=15#140582 date=1053527607]<br>I think I will just put my stock box back in and that tornado device that's &quot;as seen on TV&quot; ;D <br><br>Tony<br>[/quote]<br><br>Hey Tony,<br><br>Didn't you hear that Scotty is going to add a Tornado to the RamAir III - - Call it TornAir III. <br>
Old 05-21-2003, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<br><br>Hey Tony,<br><br>Didn't you hear that Scotty is going to add a Tornado to the RamAir III - - Call it TornAir III. <br><br>
<br><br>I can tear air pretty good! 8)
Old 05-21-2003, 01:53 PM

first off when I called and talked to a couple of vendors I asked about and was ready to buy the scotty 2 to help my egt's what I was told was that the reduction in temp's would only be around 50 degrees and non of the other after market filters would do any better they did not single out the scotty. Scotty I am not going to tell you anymore about the vendors I talked to it is pointless. I just posted what I was told and and you all got so upset well you sure don't have to worry about me buying your product. Alpineram While pulling my boat on saturday I pulled out to pass a car and when I looked at my gauge it was pegged at 1500 degreees I was at 9500 feet in elevation so that might be part of it. What I was advised to do was to put change to 215 injectors because of a different spray angle and it would up my power and lower smoke and the egts then I could slide my plate forward without any loss of power. I am sorry I upset all of you and I will not post anymore on this subject. Now where can I get a mega cannon!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Old 05-21-2003, 04:24 PM

I think you want to slide your plate back to lower your egt not forward.I will take that worthless scotty 2 off your hands if you dont want it hell i might even swap ya for my megacannon.kurt.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:22 PM

I really hope this situation can be resolved peacefully but it is sad to see that damage has already been done. Being a Jeep Freak and a Dodge Cummins Freak I have had lots of good and bad experiences with a huge variety of aftermarket parts. In only one instance did a manufacturer make me regret my purchase and because I tried to resolve the problem with them and they will do nothing I now feel like I should warn others (Dont buy anything from BORLA) But with other products things have been made right so i will refrain from bashing because I know manufacturers will stand behind their product.<br>I myself have read on this website advise from scotty himself explaining that if you are not pushing gobs of power than there are probably more reasonable fixes than to jump right to a scotty air system. I appreciated that advice because it allowed me to purchase other bombs that work for me now. The combination of those bombs and future bombs will probably lead to the eventual need of a scotty air but on scottys own advice i looked elsewhere first because its not needed yet.<br>I guess my point is, a mans integrity should not be questioned on a public forum, it takes a man to confront a man. And from what I have learned things would have been made right quite a bit easier without all of this foolishness. <br>
Old 05-21-2003, 05:29 PM

[quote author=Jack Thorpe link=board=7;threadid=14946;start=30#140680 date=1053544399]<br>I hate to tell you this, but at least in my experience with the Mega-Canon, the Scotty II gave me a larger drop in EGT's. I had the Mega-Canon and it did drop my EGT's some, and I definately liked the unit, but my Scotty II is 25-50 degrees cooler than the Mega. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Was that before the peer pressure made you cut the hole? :<br>Did you ever tap the wire?<br><br>Going to start calling you sheep boy jr.

Cumminsgetsum:<br>You won't have any trouble selling the Scotty II. You can check the classifieds here and at other sites and find a lot of Mega Cannons for sale used but no Scotty II's.<br>Bruce
Banned

I've had great success with Borla's customer service???? Wish I could say the same with a certain LARGE automotive catalog.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:46 PM

Just my 2cts worth -<br><br>It has dropped my egts. It appears to be in the 50 to 150 degree range. It is hard to be exact as there are so many variables that I have no control over.<br><br>As far as the noise - I like it ;D - lets me know the truck is working. It really isn't that loud considering the other noises the diesel is making and it doesn't last long unless I am pulling 3 ton or more up a grade!<br><br>
Old 05-21-2003, 09:45 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My scotty II should be here this week! But I was not aware that cutting the hole make's you truck louder? :'( :'( ... Guess I will have to get a killer stereo system for the rig now! ;D ;D ;D <br><br>Hey Rod! uuummm, do you sell stereo's?????
Old 05-22-2003, 01:46 AM

Hey Jack, all due respect, as I am aware of the fact that you own this site, but read it again, and get off my ***! I have stated nothing but truth.<br><br>Scotty, what the hell was that about? <br><br>Rod, we have done a bit of business. Do I have a clue?<br>You made some reasonable statements. My truck is not underfueled. If anything, it's a goodie. I've been lucky. This is my fourth CTD. First was '90.<br><br>I merely asked for advise, and stated the facts. Now some want to blame me for broaching the subject. I call BS.<br>For the $$, I will put my Scotty on the shelf until I have big HP. Then it may do some good. I don't recall much about it not helping until the fueling increases largely, but I'm new. <br><br>I did not bash the product, I merely stated a true, real world test. Don't bash me for that.<br><br>I ain't talkin' smack here. <br>I have an ETH, and would like all of the cooling help I can get.

Quick Reply: Why did I buy a Scotty II?