Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Walbro Question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Walbro Question?

Probably a Stupid question BUT,,,,
Is the only place you can buy a inline walbro fuel pump Online?
OR are there stores that have them instock? Like Auto Zone or Napa etc...
Old 05-14-2007, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to know the same thing.
wideopendiesel sells some "kit" but it is just hoses and bracket?????
Where do you get the Walbro pump and how much is it???
Old 05-14-2007, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wideopen has the pump in a kit. If you want just the pump, I ordered mine online here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GSL39...5583QQtcZphoto
and had it in a few days. I have not found a source for them in Western Iowa, but if I looked hard enough in Omaha I would find one. For the price in fuel to drive there to pick one up, shipping from an e-bay vendor was perfect for me. The pump came with the foam isolation sleve and the steel clamps. I found a couple of holes in the frame near the transmission cross member that worked well, using one of the fuel line clamp bolts and a self drilling/tapping bolt in the unthreaded hole. Is very secure, and working great!!

Glacier also sells the complete kit, and can be ordered from the DTR online store.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:34 PM
CJ

I ordered the big line kit w/walbro 392 about 3 weeks ago from wideopen diesel. Last week a buddy of mine tried to order the same kit and found that they quit selling the pump in the kit. The big line kit has everything but the pump at a substantialy reduced price from their old kit. He bought a pump online for around 100.00
CJ
Old 05-16-2007, 03:51 PM

Talking Been There Done That!!

[QUOTE=zulusafari;1507831]Wideopen has the pump in a kit. If you want just the pump, I ordered mine online here:

Already bought a new one from eBay,,It lasted 22 days,,Guess what,,No Warranty,, SO Thats why I am looking to by one at a STORE,,so if I think I might want to try one again I want a warranty!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 11:37 PM

The reason why some many places do not carry a warranty on the Walbro pumps is because Walbro does not provide a warranty for their pumps. So if a pump dies, the place where you bought the pump eats the cost of the pump.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:23 AM

I got mine off of ebay. Works Ok so far. I also heard there are knockoffs, so theres always a chance to get a lemon. I used a seller with good feedback.
-P
Old 05-17-2007, 04:14 AM

Talking From Walbro Dealer

Originally Posted by mbfarms
The reason why some many places do not carry a warranty on the Walbro pumps is because Walbro does not provide a warranty for their pumps. So if a pump dies, the place where you bought the pump eats the cost of the pump.

As far as a warranty goes, since we are an authorized Walbro dealer you are protected but their full warranty. Their warranty is 1 year and if it fails within that one year then Walbro will test it. Walbro actually charges a $40 test fee because of past issues with people claiming their pump was bad when it really wasn’t. If your pump is found to be defective then you get a new one and your $40 back. If it is not bad then you get back the same pump and they keep the $40.

MAYBE I Wont get another one!!!!!!!!!!!
I just dont have an Extra arm & Leg to spend on a Fass pump,,,I am saving my extra arm & Leg for Fuel ... ...
Old 05-18-2007, 10:34 PM

I was looking for one local and couldn't find one. I found a Holley pump that looked similar, put its number into napaonline and ended up with Napa # 735-5628. The box says "New forced induction design" on it. Inside is a Holley sticker, Holley warranty slip, and a Walbro 392 pump. They are expensive at $190.00, but if you need one in a hurry, it is there.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:31 AM

Talking Really?

Originally Posted by Haulin Mutt
I was looking for one local and couldn't find one. I found a Holley pump that looked similar, put its number into napaonline and ended up with Napa # 735-5628. The box says "New forced induction design" on it. Inside is a Holley sticker, Holley warranty slip, and a Walbro 392 pump. They are expensive at $190.00, but if you need one in a hurry, it is there.
WOW!!! I will have my local Napa Guys check on it..
I just bought a walbro GSL 392 from an online store through a Sports Car web site I had to join for an Extra $16.50 off the pump.

GSL392 Walbro Inline Fuel Pump $109.99
Discount Coupon (website Name) applied: -$16.50
> Sub-Total: $93.49
> Shipping: $0.00
> Total: $93.49

Should be here Monday.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:51 AM

i got the whole kit from glacier diesel. love it. 19-20 lbs ai idle ane 18lbs at full boost. a little pricey though.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Truckman;1511149]
Originally Posted by zulusafari
Wideopen has the pump in a kit. If you want just the pump, I ordered mine online here:

Already bought a new one from eBay,,It lasted 22 days,,Guess what,,No Warranty,, SO Thats why I am looking to by one at a STORE,,so if I think I might want to try one again I want a warranty!!!!!!!
Hmmm. Did you order from the same site I did?? Makes me wonder what sort of service I will get. The site came recommended from someone who has bought several Buick GN parts from him, even Walbro pumps. I have heard there are Chinese made pumps out there, being sold for similar price with Walbro symbols, but they are pure junk. I certainly hope I didn't wind up with one. The website I bought mine from had a link and write-up alerting to the Walbro scams, but sometime he who complains the loudest is guilty!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:05 PM

Thumbs up Nope

[QUOTE=zulusafari;1517388]
Originally Posted by Truckman

Hmmm. Did you order from the same site I did?? Makes me wonder what sort of service I will get. The site came recommended from someone who has bought several Buick GN parts from him, even Walbro pumps. I have heard there are Chinese made pumps out there, being sold for similar price with Walbro symbols, but they are pure junk. I certainly hope I didn't wind up with one. The website I bought mine from had a link and write-up alerting to the Walbro scams, but sometime he who complains the loudest is guilty!
Not The same person,,,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3DR2%26fvi%3D1