Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Questions after Raptor 150 install

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions after Raptor 150 install

So I got my Raptor 150 and got it all installed in time for my local dyno day

I do have some questions I'd love to have input on though.

First, has anyone had issues with the fittings provided with these kits leaking? I have one leak that just won't quit at the fuel filter canister. It's where the new line from the Raptor is hooked up to the factory fuel filter canister. Doesn't seem to be a BAD leak, but every time I touch the fitting it's wet (not 100% sure if it's the 90 degree elbow, or the o-ring to -8 JIC fitting screwed into the canister). I have tightened and re-tightened this fitting and it's still always damp!

Second, I have another fuel leak which seems to be typical of a return line leak, either the banjo bolt at the back of the head or the tee behind the fuel filter canister. This is a larger and more annoying leak than the one at the canister. I have reached around to feel the banjo bolt at the back of the head and there is grime/oil residue, but it doesn't seem to be WET the way it would be if it was leaking. I'm leaning toward the tee leaking, but I have stared at it with the engine running and can't SEE fuel leaking out of it, although it does look damp. I'm also wondering why this would start leaking all of a sudden after the new lift pump. Is it logical to assume that because I am pushing a higher pressure of fuel into the supply system that I have more pressure in the return system now and found a weak seal somewhere?

Third, and least of my worries right now, but still an issue. I have adjusted the Raptor pressure regulator so it sits at 18-20 psi at idle, but at WOT running a tune it does drop down to 9-10 psi. I don't consider that dangerous (especially compared to my old lift pump's 0 psi at WOT! lol), but I did expect more stable performance out of this pump. Is it safe to assume that the large pressure drop is because I'm still pulling through the stock fuel module? I didn't have time to put a drawstraw in, and didn't want to mess with it at this point in time, but if general consensus is that the stock module is bottle necking (even at my HP level??) I will put a drawstraw on the to-do list.

Thanks in advance for any and all input on these issues, and my apologies for the long post!

-Paul