3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

stuck on raptor 150 install

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stuck on raptor 150 install

Guys,

Running out of daylight and I'm stuck on the home stretch. I can NOT get the **** QD fuel line off at the tank... I don't have the tools to pull the bed or drop the tank..

Any hints/tips to getting the line off? Everything else is done...
Old 10-30-2008, 03:54 PM

Someone mentioned putting a zip tie around it at the spot where it needs squeezed. I usually just suffer through it and use my hands or a set of angled needle nose pliers.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:40 PM

use the zip tie like mentioned above - worked for me a few days ago. Zip it around the line then mover it in place and zip tight. She should come off with a few wiggles and swears!!!

Good luck

I was worried about this step as I left it until the end of my install but it turned out to be the easiest step for me!!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lmills
Someone mentioned putting a zip tie around it at the spot where it needs squeezed. I usually just suffer through it and use my hands or a set of angled needle nose pliers.
sup Lloyd, since you work on so many engines, what's your trick for removing the lines connected to the trans cooler at the front of the truck. Apparently there's a tool that's used and the way it was explained it didn't sound like it could be done without it or damage will occur ??
Old 10-30-2008, 04:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had no issue with the quick disconnect. Push the fuel line into the nipple, pinch the tabs together and then pull the fuel line.

MikeyB
Old 10-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeyB
I had no issue with the quick disconnect. Push the fuel line into the nipple, pinch the tabs together and then pull the fuel line.

MikeyB
if you were talking to me, I'm talking about the trans cooler lines at the cooler. In pictures, it looks like there's a pinch connectors of some sort that takes a tool to open it up.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tritont
if you were talking to me, I'm talking about the trans cooler lines at the cooler. In pictures, it looks like there's a pinch connectors of some sort that takes a tool to open it up.
Talking about fuel lines......

MikeyB
Old 10-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Banned

yeah ok, sorry to go off subject
Old 10-30-2008, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by lmills
The zap strap worked for me as well.
I could not for the life of me get the metal one that came with my AD100 off though no matter what I tried, ended up leaving it on and undoing the hose...
Old 10-30-2008, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by tritont
sup Lloyd, since you work on so many engines, what's your trick for removing the lines connected to the trans cooler at the front of the truck. Apparently there's a tool that's used and the way it was explained it didn't sound like it could be done without it or damage will occur ??

I think that they are like fords fuel lines they have an inner spring that holds them on. There is a Specialty Tool that needs to be pushed into the quick connector to release the connector. I think
Old 10-30-2008, 06:47 PM

Like this
http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdengi04.html
Old 10-30-2008, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by FullOutPwr
Guys,

Running out of daylight and I'm stuck on the home stretch. I can NOT get the **** QD fuel line off at the tank... I don't have the tools to pull the bed or drop the tank..

Any hints/tips to getting the line off? Everything else is done...
Get skinny!! and you must have some good dexterity in your hands mine seem to fall asleep quick in that position. Also i have found that if push in on the line 1st then squeeze and pull it may work better.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Banned

thanks. I don't know that would work though. These are the lines I'm talking about. It does say use a quick connect release tool but, Cummins doesn't show the tool anywhere that I've looked.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:34 PM

I used two small flat screw drivers to depress the internal flappers, worked not bad, didn't do any damage.

Now how about the routing of those cooler lines back to the tranny, %^&$!
Old 10-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joesixpack
I used two small flat screw drivers to depress the internal flappers, worked not bad, didn't do any damage.

Now how about the routing of those cooler lines back to the tranny, %^&$!
yeah that's what I figured I needed to do but, I didn't want to booger up the fittings.

Routing new lines back to the trans isn't the problem. I want to run SS lines with AN fittings which isn't a problem on the trans end but, I have to deal with those quick connect fittings on the other end.

It's looking like the only way to do it would be to replace the cooler with one that accepts AN fittings

Quick Reply: stuck on raptor 150 install