Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New BHAF Setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New BHAF Setup

Anyone try one of these setups yet .

www.uniquemetalproducts.com
Old 12-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
That looks really good (from a filtering standpoint, anyway). It's not the same BHAF hiding in there as we're used to, but it's comparable from a flow standpoind, and that big duct going up to the front should really help EGT.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:52 PM

great post. great idea. don't think it looks that much cleaner than a home install, but it is cooooool as in egt coool...
Old 12-27-2004, 04:45 PM

I didn't see a price listed so I don't know how cheap or expensive
it is . I'm just wanting to "BUY" some sort of BHAF setup without
having to "build" my own no matter how easy everyone says it
is to make.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
With the prices listed for the PowerStroke systems you may change your mind. But if you can afford it I think it's the best system I've seen. Cold air and a paper filter - it almost gives me goosebumps!
Old 12-27-2004, 08:02 PM
Banned

that's a sweet setup. the $400+ price tag kind of sours the pallet though.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:33 PM

problem is it stills draws underhood air and it is more susceptable to water being up front. I think the BHAF would equal thant setup easily and cost alot less
Old 12-27-2004, 10:40 PM

Im not to sure about that metal pipe running right over the exhaust manifold. Looks like a quality set-up though. Looks like at least high speed EGTs could be reduced.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:39 AM

Now just get a hood scoop, and figure out how keep the water out. Then this would be a good set up.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is getting real close to what I want to build. A fully enclosed BHAF, but with an additional inlet like the Scotty. I have run the stock, run a K&N FIPK, bought a Scotty and sent it back, and now a BHAF. As far as stock goes, I like it from the stand point of the way it looks and the fact that it is fully enclosed. The FIPK is ok, but we al know the filtering issues, and I don't like the rudimentary heat shield. No offense to Scotty, but I sent that one back. I just did not like the plastic construction. I realize this helps keep the cost down, but it just looked and felt cheap. I do not like the basic BHAF either with or without the simple het shield. I like the over all design of this one, but I agree with the problems assocciated with where they have located the inlet. That is why I like the idea of a combination of this enclosed filter housing, and a cowl inlet.

I have been kicking an idea around to start manufacturing something like I want. I need to check with some shops around here about access to materials and cost to build. All you need is a enclosed box for the filter (either a box, or a half barrel), some 4" tubing in stainless, aluminum, or powdercoated steel bent to go from the filter to the tubo inlet, and some 4" hose to connect the turbo housing to the tubing (I like silicon hose). For the cowl connection you could use some of the aforementioned tubing or hose. I like the idea of several options. First, have it built out of either stainless, aluminum, or powdercoated steel. Next, you have the option of either the factory inlet, a cowl inlet, a combination of both, or something of your own, like a hood scoop. Yeah, with all of the options, it would probably increase the cost, but i have always like to get things the way I want them. If someone else has access to all of the neccessary equipment to build these, please by all means run with it.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:26 AM

put an outerwears over teh end of the tube that would help to keep some of the water out
Old 12-28-2004, 11:58 AM

MY TWO CENTS SAYS IF YOU SPENT THAT KIND OF MONEY YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WATER, TO ME IT LOOKS HOME MADE AS MENTIONED BEFORE IN THIS THREAD.AND FINALLY YOUR GETTING MOST OF YOUR "COOL" AIR POST RADIATOR, AC CONDENSOR, INTERCOOLER VIA THE FAN BLAST WHICH ISN'T PROBABLY ALL THAT COOL ANYWAY