Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

fuel plate question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:19 AM
GLH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JFlory
If your changing the plate, set the timing and tighten the gov. springs a couple clicks, too.

Doing just one mod. on a 12V doesn't do much from a seat of the pants perspective, but getting a custom ground plate, gov. spring adjustment and timing bump will prove well worth it.

I have seen many good shops that know what they are doing only charge $400 for these mods. Truck comes in at 180rwhp, and leaves a couple hours later at 350rwhp and running more efficiently and smoother than ever.
I called 1 of our local diesel shops about doing this and after telling them where my truck was at as far as mileage and performance they said that maybe i should leave it the way it is but they would gladly have a look and check the timing
I do know there are a couple little things that could be better
Old 11-19-2008, 09:14 AM

so is the fuel plate a yes or no kinda thing? get it or dont? all yall's answer say one thing then somone else says different
Old 11-19-2008, 11:43 AM

if you're looking for more power then go ahead and do the fuel plate. the best way to improve your MPG is the way you drive. i wouldn't say that doing this mod would hurt your MPG's unless you have a heavy foot.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:50 PM
GLH

Originally Posted by cmac
if you're looking for more power then go ahead and do the fuel plate. the best way to improve your MPG is the way you drive. i wouldn't say that doing this mod would hurt your MPG's unless you have a heavy foot.
what he said
Old 11-19-2008, 08:04 PM

okay thank you but know the question is which plate for some just overall more power? without hurting anything?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:50 AM

I made a #100 for my daily driver. No major mods, I run down the highway about 100 miles a day. Major power response and it increased fuel mileage when I keep my foot out of it.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:31 PM

I run a 0 plate for a daily driver. With a tuned AFC, the plate won't come into play anyhow unless you have the pedal matted.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:33 AM

I would recommend taking the fuel plate out, soon I am purchasing a #0 fuel plate. After I took it out I got 2x the power than without it but just don't go smoking on people cause you will get a lot of hate. But hey it's still fun to do sometimes
Old 12-04-2017, 12:40 PM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Originally Posted by WYATT BENNING
I would recommend taking the fuel plate out, soon I am purchasing a #0 fuel plate. After I took it out I got 2x the power than without it but just don't go smoking on people cause you will get a lot of hate. But hey it's still fun to do sometimes

First off welcome to DTR.

I do have a few questions though..
I do not understand your post...You recommend taking it out, but you are soon planing on putting a #0 plate in it.
So you are recommending other people pull the plate out, but you prefer to run a #0 plate?

Then you say "After I took it out I got 2x the power than WITHOUT it"???
How can you remove the fuel plate if you already where running without it?
At what point did it make 2x the power?

I can not tell what you recommend from this post you added to an almost 10 year old thread.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:37 PM

First off thank you, I know it's a 10 year old thread but I thought I would add to help people out. I have been running with my fuel plate in as long as I have had my truck but recently I decided to take it out. AFTER I took it out I felt that my truck gained a lot of hp. I'm not sure if it's good to run without it so I am going to purchase a #0 plate just to be safe. I hope it answers your question and hate
Old 12-04-2017, 05:22 PM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Originally Posted by WYATT BENNING
First off thank you, I know it's a 10 year old thread but I thought I would add to help people out. I have been running with my fuel plate in as long as I have had my truck but recently I decided to take it out. AFTER I took it out I felt that my truck gained a lot of hp. I'm not sure if it's good to run without it so I am going to purchase a #0 plate just to be safe. I hope it answers your question and hate
No hate.
I have never run a p-pumped motor with no plate, so I was unsure what you where actually saying.
I have owned many stock ones and run a few with aftermarket mild plates.

I would assume it would be safe with no plate if you could keep the EGTs down where you need them.

Did your EGTs spike after pulling the plate out?
Old 12-05-2017, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
coco2992,

Here is something on grinding plates:
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...stions-217868/

Here a lot more:
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ind+fuel+plate