Fuel boss mechanical lift pump - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fuel boss mechanical lift pump

Old 12-07-2017, 12:21 PM   #1  

Fuel boss mechanical lift pump

hello all. Looking at buying a fuel boss for my pick up here in about 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone who is running one is running it all mechanical, meaning you no longer use the electric as a back up. This is what I was wanting to do but was curious as how priming the filter goes without the electric pump. Do you use a drill or something to spin the pulley?
Youvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:11 AM   #2  
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Have you done any research on the 'net about this? Have you done a search here and on the internet under "Fuel Boss"? There is a lot of info out there.

Let us know what you eventually decide to do and the results.
Mexstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:22 PM   #3  

I had a rasp pump on my 01 same type pump. Had no problems with it for 200k outside of the seal would need to be changed occasionally. I never had a problem with a fuel filter change. If you do just need to crack a couple injector lines 1 at a time crank the engine until you see fuel coming out then tighten down and move to the next one. When doing fuel system work I never needed to crack more than3. I don't recall having to do it at all for a filter change
BarryG is offline   Reply With Quote