3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Anyone here using the FUEL BOSS mechanical lift pump from GDP??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone here using the FUEL BOSS mechanical lift pump from GDP??

Just wondering how it would compare to the electrical replacements that are available. Any thoughts and experiences are appreciated. thanks.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am using it. I just installed the Fuel Boss, MK-2 filter kit and Smarty, got them all from GDP. The Fuel Boss is complete fuel system, very professionally done, fit and finish on components was excellent.
Only problem I had, was initially my fuel pressure was very erratic. Turns out the stock spring in the bypass vavle was too weak for my setup. I called Richard, he sent me the GDP competition tuning kit, which incldes a heftier spring, and various size shims, which allows you to adjust the pressure to your own taste. I replaced my stock spring with the heavier sring, played around with different shims til I got the readings I like. Now, my fuel pressure is 9 psi, and goes up at a linear rate with increased throttle. Depending on the rpm, fuel pressure ranges from 9-32 psi. Very steady, I really love it! Also, what is really great, is that you keep your stock in-tank electric pump. It kicks on initially til the fuel Boss pressure builds, then it is turned off by the Hobbs ressure switch. Also, you use the in-tank punp during priming after filter change and it is there as a back in case the Fuel Boss dies for whatever reason, i.e., broken belt, ect.
Only thing I would recommend is purchasing the GDP Competion Tuning kit along with the Fuel Boss for initial purchase.