Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Figuring out which injectors I have?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Figuring out which injectors I have?????

How do you know which injectors you have purchased when the company uses factory housings? I bought some 435's and really didn't see any difference in power. But now I can smoke out anybody,anytime, anywhere and my egt's hit the roof as soon as I get on it. Keep in mind that my tranny is toast and i'm just waiting to spend the money until after the holidays if permitted. And I think my intercooler boots are bad, they swell up and strech out and 1 1/2" just by revving it up. Now back to the question at hand, shouldn't something be different on the injector or is it just different inside and i'll never know unless I take it apart and know what i'm looking at? Thank for any input. Ken
Old 12-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
Now back to the question at hand, shouldn't something be different on the injector or is it just different inside and i'll never know unless I take it apart and know what i'm looking at? Thank for any input. Ken
Bingo!! the injectors on the outside look the same. The man. stamping or laser etched numbers will be different on the outside, but the big difference is on the inside.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:27 AM

So that means your at the mercy/honestly of the company you buy them from. Oh well my money is gone and the cores too. We'll see what happens after the tranny and boots are fixed, it should be night and day difference.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:55 AM

Sounds like you need more air
Old 12-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Banned

You can get a better idea of what you have by looking at the holes on the nozzle. Stock injectors have 5 holes I believe, and some performance nozzles have 10 holes, some have 7, some companies hone out the stock holes, some of the holes are small, big, small, ect. The internals are all the same, its the nozzles that make the power difference.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by logskidder
Sounds like you need more air
Yes, but if the tranny isn't loading the engine because it's shot, he'll see super high EGT and tons of smoke also.

Fix your intercooler boots and trans, THEN you will be in a position to start tuning the truck..

jjmo
Old 12-16-2007, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Armstrong Performance
You can get a better idea of what you have by looking at the holes on the nozzle. Stock injectors have 5 holes I believe, and some performance nozzles have 10 holes, some have 7, some companies hone out the stock holes, some of the holes are small, big, small, ect. The internals are all the same, its the nozzles that make the power difference.
Thats good to know but both sets (stock and 435) looked the same to me. I didn't see any difference in the tips (but I just glanced). And if 435's are susposed to give 100hp or better I seriously didn't feel much gain just more smoke. I understand that I need a different turbo, tranny, and intercooler boots. I'm hoping that once those parts arrive it'll be a hole nother animal. Also to clear up thing's "I'M NOT TRYING DRAG ANY COMPANIES NAME THOUGH THE MUD" just wondering how I could tell that I received what I paided for. I guess i'm just nervous about buying stuff I really know nothing about.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Banned

When you buy an injector and it says it adds 100hp, that means it depends on what you have to support it. Like a turbo, dv's, and pump will help you utilize the potiential of the bigger injectors.

If you took a stock truck and threw some +200hp injectors in it you might acually get 40hp. What they should really say is "CAPABLE of +200hp"