Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Wife just broke the pipe in the shower!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 09:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by manganos
I was a tad upset to say the least but I've learned my lesson and didn't blow up
Been there & done that too! Unless you want to clean the shower and be in the dog house for a month shut up.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by manganos
That is what I asked my wife. She stated she was cleaning the shower and ROTATING the showerhead to wash off the cleaner. I was a tad upset to say the least but I've learned my lesson and didn't blow up
Man, I never thought about adjusting the head. Now it all makes sense
I have one of those big rain maker heads that holds like a gallon of water and hangs right over the center of the shower. Im waiting any day for the weight of it when it fills up to break it off. It holds like a gallon of water
Its nice though!!!
Old 01-08-2006, 10:46 AM

HA, now I'm showing the wall who is BOSS around here! I couldn't get the old nipple out. It was brass and just kept turning. So I cut the drywall to expose the sweated in pipe connection. I'm going to go buy another torch (how do you loose a torch??) tomorrow and sweat in another fitting. Maybe after I fix it my wife will make me a lucky guy by breaking the bedposts off and leaving the shower fixture alone . Thanks again for all of your help guys!
Old 01-08-2006, 10:57 AM

Im going to be doin somethin similar soon and have no clue what im doin.

My shower leaks behind the tub spout. Its the style with the the one **** you push up and turn clockwise/counterclockwise for temp, then pull the stop from the spout to make it come out the shower head. its leaking from between the spout and the wall when theres pressure build up

Im sure its not going to be easy
Old 01-08-2006, 11:56 AM

They aren't too bad to replace ... as long as you can get access to it.

Some builders seem to build the house around the shower so you can't get to it .

PISTOL
Old 01-08-2006, 04:06 PM
JKM

Originally Posted by TIMMY22
so they sit there with the water on for a couple of minutes before they shut it off.

l
Now , this may be completely out of line , but who exactly would THEY be? If THEY let the water run for a couple mins, and seeing as you define the people in question as THEY , it must not include you, so who exactly is THEY , and why was someone else in the shower with your wife?
Old 01-08-2006, 05:29 PM

If you have to go into the wall, try going in from the backside instead of tearing out the tile, if possible.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:32 PM

Thankfully the pipe exits out of the drywall and I have about 3 or 4 inches until the tile starts. I cut a window and I can see the two screws that hold the pipe in. I will just heat it up and take the old fitting off and sweat in a new fitting. Then I've got to fix the drywall. No biggie there The other side is ALL tile for another bathroom
Old 01-08-2006, 05:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmay2
Im going to be doin somethin similar soon and have no clue what im doin.

My shower leaks behind the tub spout. Its the style with the the one **** you push up and turn clockwise/counterclockwise for temp, then pull the stop from the spout to make it come out the shower head. its leaking from between the spout and the wall when theres pressure build up

Im sure its not going to be easy
Just replace the whole tub spout. More than likely it is cracked and leaking. I replace 10 a year.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a suggestion when you pick up the new torch get a new fire extinguisher also!!

Rick
Old 01-08-2006, 07:15 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by runamuk
Just a suggestion when you pick up the new torch get a new fire extinguisher also!!

Rick
sounds like another "been there, done that" person...
Old 01-08-2006, 07:35 PM

I'm waiting on the "burned house down" part of the story.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:33 PM

For pulling broken or corroded pipe nipples out find a pipe easy out that has a little wheel on it ... the wheel sits on a shaft that is offset from center and as you turn the easy out it tightens the wheel and it will come out.

Pulled lots of corroded busted off pipes this way.. The square and reverse twist types don't work nearly as well..

Gerry