Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Camper With a Shower

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 07:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Camper With a Shower

What's the smallest camper trailer you have seen with a shower in it? I am thinnking about a camper, but would like to have a shower in it. I definitely don't need anything big as it's only for me.<br>Do any pop-ups have showers in them?<br><br>Thanks,<br>Chris
Old 06-26-2003, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Camper With a Shower

Most pop-ups have an outdoor shower. Basically a couple ***** and a hose with a showerhead attached to it.<br> CampingWorld has a shower curtain set up that you can set up around it.<br><br> If you are staying in an RV campground like KOA or the like, they usually have showers and toilets for you to use. Bring your shower shoes .<br><br>PISTOL
Old 06-27-2003, 09:07 AM

Some of the newer pop-ups have a rudimentary shower built into them. However, it seems to me that you could get a used travel trailer for about the same price as one of these pop ups. I started out with a pop up and then had a travel trailer and now have a fifth wheel and I can tell you, I would never go back to the pop up. I know others that love their pop up and do not want to change. Either way, I think that you will love camping. ;D
Old 06-27-2003, 09:46 AM

A co-worker has a newer pop-up and it is loaded with all the features of a smaller pull behind. It is a pretty sweet set-up and is much different than the older typical pop-ups. Was not cheap though but they own a Ford Explorer so for their camping needs and limitation on the SUV the pop-up was the logical choice.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:54 PM

I am not adverse to something a little bigger, but I don't need a 33' fiver with all the amenities for what I'm gonna do. I might need to hook up some DirecTV in there though. ;D<br>My plan is to visit more of the diesel rallies, since all of the DTR folks are great people and I'd like to meet them all. ;D<br><br><br>Thanks,<br>Chris
Old 06-27-2003, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris,<br> I've never owned a pop-up but I have spent a weekend cooped up in one when it was pouring rain outside around the clock. :'( They can be a pain to get set up once they get some age on them. They're never completely dry when it's raining. ,,,,,,, I could go on and on. On the other hand,,,, a small travel trailer (say about 18-20 foot) doesn't weigh that much and as someone has stated earlier, you can pull into a rest area or parking area and take a break without worrying about setting up anything. <br> The wife and I started out with a 20' TT and we thought we were in high cotton. It was a 1974 model that you could have bought for little of nothing. It had the closet type bathroom which had the regular size toilet. As you sat on the toilet, the sink was right in front of you and above the sink, was the shower-head. You could actually sit on the toilet,,, and shave at the sink,,,, while taking a shower! It had a eating booth and a couch that opened up into a double bed. It also had a gas/elect fridge and gas stove/oven and furnace. <br> Anyway, the wife and I completely remodeled the inside the way we wanted it by removing the booths and replacing them with dining table chairs (for added room). Installed a built-in stereo system and TV and had a real nice little camper for little of nothing. We used that little rig until we bought a used 26' fifth-wheel and ended up selling that little TT to a guy who put it out on a farm to be used as a hunting cabin. As far as I know,,, he's still using it. ;D<br> The thing is, you can pick up a used TT in fairly good condition, maybe stick a few bucks in it and have something that you can use for a long time. All your stuff stays dry and all you have to do is open the door, go in and relax when you get where you're going. ;D Just my $.02
Old 06-27-2003, 09:37 PM

Sounds good Dennis. I'm thinking about something with &quot;some&quot; of the comforts of home in it, namely AC and a shower, DirecTV optional. The rest doesn't really matter since I can find a fast food joint almost anyplace, and I'm not looking to see how far out in the woods I can get, but how I can go all over the country on the cheap.<br>Keep your eye out for me, please.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Chris<br>
Old 06-27-2003, 10:51 PM

See if you can find a Prowler Lite 25' 5er. Light as a feather to pull, low drag. All of the amenities and cheap. I got mine 1 year old for $10k and that has been a couple of years now. They should be cheaper. Great little trailer.<br><br>Has AC and shower and I can pull it up into the mountains for trout fishing!
Old 06-27-2003, 11:13 PM

I'm still a newbe to this camping thing but the way I got my foot in the door was purchasing used. I bought a 82 24' Feetwood Resort TT for $2,200. It has all the comforts of home, AC, full bath with a nice stand up shower, 3 burner stove, oven, double sink, gas furnace. and a super cold refrigerator. It needed a few little things fixed when I bought it but it's been a great camper. I have put a new AC unit in and a new hot water heater, and of course there's the TV entenna, but it'a to be expected with a 21 year old camper. (never thought of that)<br><br>If it where me I'd go with a small used TT, you will be much happier with a it than a new Popup. Or you can go Dennis's route and get a Hotel on wheels. <br><br>DB
Old 06-28-2003, 05:59 AM

Last TT I had was a 74 Highlander,darn nice in it's day. S it shower and shave in one position.<br>Awhile back I delivered a 19' made by Trail-Lite that I could have made a home out of. Must be about a 2.5' tub,but the darn thing was nice and big enough for a rainy day in some cases. Pulled like a cloud.All kind of options.<br>Just get one big enough for tandem axle for stability and watch the tight turns.<br>Good luck on finding the right one. Great tension relievers.