Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

this is rediculous! been sans truck for 2 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is rediculous! been sans truck for 2 weeks

my truck as been at the dealer for 2 weeks now waiting for a steering box.

i mean ya great its covered under warranty but common 2 weeks for a steering box?

and they wont give me a rental cause its drivable. not the dealers fault but you would expect dodge to have some better type of dealer support for parts. last time it took a week and a half for calipers.

i thought gm was bad with waiting for backordered parts.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:35 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
From this part of the 'planet'.

Dodge has consistently been the worst for parts. GM and Ford both have parts for you next day air if they are needed, warranty, or just ordered in general. Each fly parts from the south daily.

Dodge, well, you're going to have to wait, unless you want to pay the air freight, and a mark-up on the parts. Nope. If I have to pay freight anyway, I'll order them myself, thanks for the help....

Just the way things go, glad (hahah) to hear it isn't just an isolated case.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:45 PM

I waited over 2 weeks for them to get a simple ALTERNATOR in. Youd think that between 2 dealerships (Amarillo) theyd have at least one in stock...nope.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:41 PM

i work for gm and the most i've waited for parts was a flywheel on a cts. 3 weeks. that i can somewhat understand cause of extended warranty problems and its not that common.

but i mean front calipers a week and a half, rear calipers another week and a half, this steering box going on two weeks now. almost three.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:56 AM

How would you like to be hotshotting and have a loaded trailer and end up paying for a motel for several days waiting for parts like a hub assembly or lift pump ? I know guys that's happened to . I've never had Dodge have a part in stock I needed . In 100,000 miles my Dodge was in for repairs half a dozen times . I know guys with Duramaxes with over 200,000 that have only needed repairs 2 or 3 times and didn't wait for parts . My wife's Jeep Liberty with 24,000 miles has been in for repairs/recall work 6 times . Waited weeks for parts for recall work even when calling the dealer to put me on the list as soon as the recall was announced . I knew about the last recall before the dealer did .
Old 03-31-2008, 03:04 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

I had to wait almost 3 weeks for my turbo charger (under warrenty). I offered to pay for overnight shipping but the way they had it set up they said they couldnt do it. Had to wait. Lucky it wasnt a work truck.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:16 PM

So its drivable? Then drive it...

What annoyes me is they'll take a truck in on say monday and not start working on it till wednesday afternoon.... Just call me at lunch on wednesday and I'll come drop it off, have your tech ready to go please .
Old 03-31-2008, 08:25 PM

well turns out the part came in on saturday. she's comming home to me tommorow. finally. i was going through withdrawl lol. time to install a new belt tensioner, fuel filter and give her an oil change.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by RickG
How would you like to be hotshotting and have a loaded trailer and end up paying for a motel for several days waiting for parts like a hub assembly or lift pump ? I know guys that's happened to . I've never had Dodge have a part in stock I needed . In 100,000 miles my Dodge was in for repairs half a dozen times . I know guys with Duramaxes with over 200,000 that have only needed repairs 2 or 3 times and didn't wait for parts . My wife's Jeep Liberty with 24,000 miles has been in for repairs/recall work 6 times . Waited weeks for parts for recall work even when calling the dealer to put me on the list as soon as the recall was announced . I knew about the last recall before the dealer did .
i was supprised they had a track bar in stock when i needed one.