Introductions / New People If you're new to the site, feel free to introduce yourself here. Welcome!

Air Lift Company

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Starter Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Lift Company

Hey everyone, my name is Jeremy and I work for Air Lift Company who is a supporting vendor for this forum.

I am a die hard car/truck guy NOT a salesman, so I am not here to cram product down your throat. I am here to help with any tech questions you may have on Air Lift load support/towing products.

If you are not familiar with us, check us out Air Ride, Air Bag Suspension Kits, Air Springs | Air Lift Company - Tow and Haul with Safety and Comfort

I look forward to working with everyone here!
Old 04-03-2015, 04:19 PM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
Jeremy
My 01 qc long bed 4x4 has a B&W gooseneck hitch. Website says your bags wont fit due to the hidden hitch, appears they use the same mounting area though the hitch is inside the rails and the bags outside though I have not seen the kit and do not know the mounting technique any ideas on how to accomplish it.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:54 PM

Jeremy,

I posted this a few days ago with no reply. Does Airlift have anything like the Kelderman 4 point air suspension system? What do you think of using a 5500 for this application?

Has anyone ever done anything like this with a 5500? (The picture is an F-550.) Will the 5000# camper and the 2000# utility bed be enough weight to make it a comfortable ride or should I consider an air suspension? Does an air suspension have a deleterious effect on the handling? Should I get the 2 stage air suspension or splurge for the 4 link system?

Will the center of gravity of the camper being right over or slightly behind the rear axle be a problem?

5500 84"CA, modified 11 ' service bed, 11.5' slide-in camper, towing a 6000# trailer.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:56 PM

here is a picture of what I want to do.

http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/i...lance-1191.jpg
Old 04-06-2015, 10:08 AM
Starter Sponsor

Originally Posted by BarryG
Jeremy
My 01 qc long bed 4x4 has a B&W gooseneck hitch. Website says your bags wont fit due to the hidden hitch, appears they use the same mounting area though the hitch is inside the rails and the bags outside though I have not seen the kit and do not know the mounting technique any ideas on how to accomplish it.
Yea unfortunately it all uses the same space, without seeing your hitch setup, I really do not know of a way to work around it.

Here is a link to the kit for your truck LoadLifter 5000 ULTIMATE with internal jounce bumper | Air Lift Company - Tow and Haul with Safety and Comfort Take a look under technical specs and you will be able to download the manual so you can see how our kit mounts.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:11 AM
Starter Sponsor

Originally Posted by REXCH8
Jeremy,

I posted this a few days ago with no reply. Does Airlift have anything like the Kelderman 4 point air suspension system? What do you think of using a 5500 for this application?

Has anyone ever done anything like this with a 5500? (The picture is an F-550.) Will the 5000# camper and the 2000# utility bed be enough weight to make it a comfortable ride or should I consider an air suspension? Does an air suspension have a deleterious effect on the handling? Should I get the 2 stage air suspension or splurge for the 4 link system?

Will the center of gravity of the camper being right over or slightly behind the rear axle be a problem?

5500 84"CA, modified 11 ' service bed, 11.5' slide-in camper, towing a 6000# trailer.

Click the image to open in full size.
Kelderman is the only company I know of that does a 4 point system. Are you looking to drive the vehicle above factory ride height? That will make a huge difference to the answers to some of your questions.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:43 PM

Jeremy,
No, I'm not planning on lifting the vehicle, but I might go over some slightly bumpy roads. I do work in rural areas, but nothing extreme is planned for the vehicle.
Did you look at the picture I posted? I just want the ride to be safe, i.e. free from swaying when passed by big trucks, and comfortable like a cadillac. lol.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:54 PM
Starter Sponsor

Originally Posted by REXCH8
Jeremy,
No, I'm not planning on lifting the vehicle, but I might go over some slightly bumpy roads. I do work in rural areas, but nothing extreme is planned for the vehicle.
Did you look at the picture I posted? I just want the ride to be safe, i.e. free from swaying when passed by big trucks, and comfortable like a cadillac. lol.
If anything a full air suspension will help to improve handling as long as you have some quality shocks to work with the system. I would definitely go with a four link style suspension so you will not end up with any suspension bind.

I think Kelderman is going to be your only hope, unless you have something custom built.