Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

My free fuel cost me $1000

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any updates?

im interested why the amish dont pay road tax darn it!
Old 06-20-2009, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Adam3291

The sticker is for North Carolina Highway Fuel Use Tax, have you ever passed a semi on the highway and notice all the colorful square stickers on the doors or cab? Someone else can explain this better than I can but if each state is a member of IFTA you must have a sticker for each state you travel in with that truck.

You are only suppose to have the IFTA sticker if you have an apportioned tag. Your state may require a different fuel sticker with a base plate. (apportioned meaning you can run out of state)
Old 06-20-2009, 02:55 PM

This just shows you how desperate they are to make money! Man i'm scared to say how much bio fuel we ran there for years! They are going to be putting the screws to all of us sooner rather then later the worse the economy gets! And what really stinks is that most diesel folks are very resourceful bunch and no what makes things tick. So now they want us and what do they do to us but fine us! WE have to band together both near and far and stop this insane government that we have in place ! They screwed us in the 70's with the fake oil crisis and the same in the 80's then in the late 90's and now again! So what do we get for using our brains? A big fat fine people! We better wake up cause the way things are going there gonna cancel all diesel ownership here.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:05 AM

so i can no longer find this post i had to go to my posts. Did it die off?
Old 06-22-2009, 05:55 PM

whats going on any updates?
Old 06-22-2009, 08:25 PM

No internet in prison?

Keep a locking fuel cap on each diesel and demand a warrant when them dang Revenooers come a' callin'....
Old 06-23-2009, 09:17 AM

The update is there is no update!

I sent in my request for review over a month ago and havent gotten any response.

The only thing I know is they cashed my check for the fine!

Now theres a $1000 not going to my bills!

Works slow and fuel costs are up!

You would think the state could see clear to help a brother out.

I guess the many thousands of dollars I have been paying into every other type of tax dont count for much.

8 gallons of wmo mix = $1000! **** I thought I was saving money!
Old 06-23-2009, 03:08 PM

Angry

Originally Posted by joker834
8 gallons of wmo mix = $1000! **** I thought I was saving money!
man that sucks!

Hey, that you know of, is any other state as aggressive as yours when it comes to WMO? This is the first case I've yet heard of.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:50 PM

Honestly its the first time I had heard of it also. I dont know the trends for other states but I have a feeling they will all be more aggresive in this bad economy.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:52 PM

Yeah I was pulled over for a broken tail light and before the cop could notice or have a hunch for dipping my tank because of the smoke(WMO) pouring out of my exhaust I turned the truck off. I immeditly though of your case. PA will look for people towing and running off road diesel. I've never heard of someone getting hit for WMO... nock on wood!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:42 PM

I guess the fact is he was probably looking to find off road diesel and just happened across the wmo.

He knew when he found it I didnt know it was illegal. After he dipped the tank I told him how I was doing it and then he told me it carried a civil penalty.

He told me multiple times that people were getting misinformation on line and they didnt realize it was not legal to run it without paying the state and federal taxes 1st.

Truth is I looked and felt like a real dumb ***. I should have known better...if its to good to be true it probably is. There is no such thing as FREE!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Taxed Enough Already.... I'd be **** mad. I am **** mad.

I know where I'll be on July 4th....
Old 06-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So how much additive do you add before it becomes fuel. I add a quart of 2-stroke and it will turn the fuel blue. If I got dipped they could say I am running untaxed fuel but it is only an additive.

Why can't WMO be an additive??
Old 06-24-2009, 08:50 PM

all i no is 2 stroke all runs really good when done right! Now i'm scared cause what has been happening on this site now! There gonna screw us one way or the other!
Old 06-25-2009, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by CamperAndy
So how much additive do you add before it becomes fuel. I add a quart of 2-stroke and it will turn the fuel blue. If I got dipped they could say I am running untaxed fuel but it is only an additive.

Why can't WMO be an additive??
My understanding is they will test it to determine the amount of additive. I wasnt told what was acceptable but I do know that it is only a visual test on site so you would still get the fine I imagine and then you would have to contest it.

If its red (from additive) I would imagine they will fine you for off road (non taxed) and if its black (wmo) they will fine you for unpaid road tax.

With the blenders permit you can run the wmo and not get fined as long as you are paying the federal and state tax.

Quick Reply: My free fuel cost me $1000