Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

My free fuel cost me $1000

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you'r using used oil, (wmo) wern't the taxes paid on it when it was bought as new oil? If you bought it as used oil didn't you pay a tax on it?
These taxes would be paid to ues the oil, thus being (use tax). How can they say taxes wern't paid for its use?
Old 12-19-2011, 10:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Nope. Road tax and sales tax are two separate entities.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by gadget.35-06
Ever tried using a locking fuel cap? If they mess with that bring 'em up on charges of BREAKING AND ENTERING.
That wont help because in North Carolina if you dont allow them to dip your tank you get the same fine that you would for having the WMO or dyed fuel. So your out $2000 either way.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by joker834
That wont help because in North Carolina if you dont allow them to dip your tank you get the same fine that you would for having the WMO or dyed fuel. So your out $2000 either way.
Sorry guys, i dont need to fuel today so i didnt bring the key with me. you have permission to check the tank IF you can get into it WITHOUTdamaging anything
Old 03-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by King Nothing
Sorry guys, i dont need to fuel today so i didnt bring the key with me. you have permission to check the tank IF you can get into it WITHOUTdamaging anything
You are under the mistaken impression that "they" must repair something if "they" break it.....they don't. "They"break your door in with probable cause......it is your problem to repair the door.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like the cops told the new reporters in Chicago a few days ago your First Amendment rights can be terminated at any time, so I'm sure they could find a way to terminate your rights too and then find a way to not pay for all of the damage they intend to do to your truck while taking your locked gas cap off so they can dip your tank.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:14 PM

In my case they would be more preoccupied with the .45 sitting on the seat next to me. That usually makes them forget all about why they pulled me over. "Do you have a permit for that?" "Yup"
Old 03-24-2012, 09:14 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by dieselluvr
In my case they would be more preoccupied with the .45 sitting on the seat next to me. That usually makes them forget all about why they pulled me over. "Do you have a permit for that?" "Yup"
in most areas of the us open carry does not need a permit
Old 03-26-2012, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by johnh
in most areas of the us open carry does not need a permit
That's true but in most states it has to be unloaded with the clip removed, unless you have a permit.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:00 AM

I've never heard that running WMO was illegal...i ususally run a half gallon/gallon every month or so just to keep everything lubed since ULSDF is such a "dry" fuel. Is this the case in every state? And IF so i thought that if the fuel was RED AND RED only would you be fined. When off-road happens to be to be in my tank is most likely the time i use the used motor oil, bc i thought that if your fuels BLACK then they can't tell if it's On or Off-Road.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Indiana0331
I've never heard that running WMO was illegal...i ususally run a half gallon/gallon every month or so just to keep everything lubed since ULSDF is such a "dry" fuel. Is this the case in every state? And IF so i thought that if the fuel was RED AND RED only would you be fined. When off-road happens to be to be in my tank is most likely the time i use the used motor oil, bc i thought that if your fuels BLACK then they can't tell if it's On or Off-Road.
If your fuel is black they will run it through the lab and bust you with a chemical tracer in the dye.

I have heard they can bust you with WMO in trace amounts, but I do the same thing, add a half gallon or so for lubricity. Guess I would take it to court if I had too, but I would think a DOT guy would be able to tell really quickly if you were running small amounts. My fuel looks almost normal with a half gallon in.