Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

My free fuel cost me $1000

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kingofdodge7131
I would fight it, look up cummins Centineal system, I may have spelled that wrong, now, it wont run at 80 waste oil ha, but it takes oil from the engine and puts it in the fuel take and then adds new oil to the engine, to extend service. I would figure out what the states limits for fuel additives are, I doubt they even know
That system is defunct
Old 05-07-2009, 10:28 PM

Arrow

Originally Posted by bob4x4
That system is defunct
defunct???? uh,,it might no longer be produced, but I'm pretty darn sure there are a LOT of Cummins engines still using that system, so it's still relevant to the topic here.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:52 PM

Did ya try to tell him that you already paied tax on the oil once when ya bought it new to put in the moter??
Old 05-18-2009, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by TractorMike
Did ya try to tell him that you already paied tax on the oil once when ya bought it new to put in the moter??
Yes but its the road tax they want...we only pay sales tax on the motor oil.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by TractorMike
That was only the state tax being paid, you know the tax that pays for the guy's salary that dipped him....I guess it was your own fault then...
Old 05-31-2009, 02:47 PM

Still no word back on my "request for review" from the state of NC for the penalty.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Dually
defunct???? uh,,it might no longer be produced, but I'm pretty darn sure there are a LOT of Cummins engines still using that system, so it's still relevant to the topic here.
I work for Chrysler Transport and we still have on our tractors a motor oil exchange system that does what the old Sentinel system would do.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by joker834
Still no word back on my "request for review" from the state of NC for the penalty.
so did you already pay the fine and are trying to get a full or partial refund? Or are you trying to avoid paying it altogether? I'll be following this thread.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jaxom
I work for Chrysler Transport and we still have on our tractors a motor oil exchange system that does what the old Sentinel system would do.
yeah, that's what i was trying to tell Mr "Bob 4x4" up there a few posts previous.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:59 AM

Couple of thoughts here...

Originally Posted by dhe9
Hmmmmm, seems to me someone paid tax on that wmo before it was waste.
Already addressed, but yes, that tax was 6% sales tax, not 50 cents/gallon road fuel tax. Big difference.

Originally Posted by DBLR
If any car that is 100% electric and travels on any road, street, Hwy it should be paying road taxes for road up keep just like everyone else has to.
This goes back to my argument about the Amish & Mennonites around here--they get to drive their buggies on our roads (complete with the steel-rimmed wheels that do more damage to the roads than our tires), and they pay no road tax, vehicle registration fees, or vehicle inspection fees (all of which go right to PennDot for road upkeep,) not to mention the car insurance the rest of us have to pay. So do we start charging the Amish for road use? I'd say yes, but it'll never happen.

Originally Posted by joker834
With the economy being soft and fuel prices being high you would think that when a man is willing to do a little work to run an alternative fuel that the government would be a little more supportive of his efforts.
Not if those efforts mean they're getting less income...even though it sounds logical to you and me, to the government, anything that causes them to make less money is evil (and let's face it, the government really doesn't "make" money, they're just in the business of confiscating other people's wealth.)

Good luck fighting the fines, and I do like the local media coverage with the pennies idea!
Old 06-06-2009, 07:31 AM

so did you already pay the fine and are trying to get a full or partial refund? Or are you trying to avoid paying it altogether? I'll be following this thread.
Yes I already paid the fine and then submited a request for review to ask for it back...lol...the government is not really in the business of giving us money back so I am not going to hold my breath.

Its been weeks and I havent heard anything yet.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:25 AM

I have been reading and following this. The state of NC is getting pretty harsh in general. They come by the farm and checked every single diesel truck we had. They got on to us that we didn't have a fuel sticker on our road tractor, well to make a long story short we have submitted that information to the state TWICE and still haven't got a sticker back...............welcome to the great state of NC
Old 06-06-2009, 10:12 PM

This goes back to my argument about the Amish & Mennonites around here--they get to drive their buggies on our roads (complete with the steel-rimmed wheels that do more damage to the roads than our tires), and they pay no road tax, vehicle registration fees, or vehicle inspection fees (all of which go right to PennDot for road upkeep,) not to mention the car insurance the rest of us have to pay. So do we start charging the Amish for road use? I'd say yes, but it'll never happen.

^^^^^^^^^
Why stop with the Amish, what about the people riding their bikes, or people walking/joggin. I know that the crosswalks have to be maitained with them in mind so they can push the buttons and also for the blind now they have a chirping noise so they know when to cross. And there are also plenty of bike lanes around here that need to be kept up, too. How are we gonna start charging for that. LOL
Old 06-07-2009, 07:57 PM

Question just curious here

Originally Posted by Adam3291
I have been reading and following this. The state of NC is getting pretty harsh in general. They come by the farm and checked every single diesel truck we had. They got on to us that we didn't have a fuel sticker on our road tractor, well to make a long story short we have submitted that information to the state TWICE and still haven't got a sticker back...............welcome to the great state of NC
what were they checking for with all the diesel trucks on your farm?

also, what is this sticker you are talking about?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:32 AM

what were they checking for with all the diesel trucks on your farm?

also, what is this sticker you are talking about?
Well they are checking to make sure we aren't dumping any of the red fuel into the trucks. Only reason he stopped by is because our farm is located right beside a main road so he could easily see the trucks.

The sticker is for North Carolina Highway Fuel Use Tax, have you ever passed a semi on the highway and notice all the colorful square stickers on the doors or cab? Someone else can explain this better than I can but if each state is a member of IFTA you must have a sticker for each state you travel in with that truck.

Quick Reply: My free fuel cost me $1000