Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Mexican Diesel-Texas

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:21 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well, if it's any thought for consideration....just follow the Mex Army in like I did....as long as you don't mind the last guy in the Humvee convoy pointing a .50cal towards ya!

In all seriousness, respect the people, treat them w/courtesy and you'll be treated the same. Although not stated, I think the CBP has set a reasonable amount of fuel one can bring back and would say it's probably about 100gal. My guess is that if they see you coming back w/3-400 gals they're going to say something like "turn around and get rid of the over excess of fuel." With that quantity one can only think they're selling it or using it else where. Just being honest with how I believe the process is developing and would hate to see someone have to "loose or dump" that fuel.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might run it by the local CPB there. It can not be much diffrrent than a Semi crossing, just to fill his tank. I do think that is illegal, but do not know. It is apparent there is no Central/Federal policy. Your Brand of Justice(or not) may vary. For a light duty truck like a 2500/3500, I think 110 gallons is the recognized /recommended in bed limit.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:20 PM

Thanks guys, I appreciate as much feed back as possible. Do you think if I crossed once a day told the truth that its for my fleet or would it better just to say my girlfriend lives down here and I'm just going to work.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:58 PM

"You've been there shopping."
I wouldn't lie as they can tell right away when something is "fishy" and any slight hesitation and you'll be sitting there under the "interrogation hot light."
Old 07-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Originally Posted by high bid
"You've been there shopping."
I wouldn't lie as they can tell right away when something is "fishy" and any slight hesitation and you'll be sitting there under the "interrogation hot light."
Very true.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:10 PM

I didn't know your in San Diego del1061. You'll be fine with the boarder towns around here. I have never had a problem with Mexico. This is from living down there for 3 years. As lonag as you don't do anything dumb you'll be fine. Actually I'll be picking up my 75 gallon replacement tank tomorrow and installing it. After that I'll be swinging by Tecate to fill yup
Old 07-08-2008, 04:42 PM

Since you want to haul a lot of fuel, you may want to look at doing volume legally. Permits, insurance, etc.. They see you 2-3 times a wekk with 450 gallons, they wil suspect that it is not "for personal use". Just a thought.
You could buy a 1000 gallon tank trailer.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:24 PM

commercial

If you tell them it for you fleet they will send you to a commercial port as it is supposed to be only for personal use.

In baja they are starting to limit how much you get.
i have been to 5 stations ( all border stations) and they would only pump to factory tank. so i had to go to 4 stations to get my nurse tank filled up. pumping from the factory to the nurse tank. i asked them if they would only put 30 gallons in the tank, they said no.

There is also talk ( just rumor) that there is going to be a price change in sept 08

we will see
Old 07-10-2008, 10:50 AM

I am not sure that we will see that along the Texas border, I suspect the SD area has a lot of people crossing whereas it seems much less of an issue here in Texas.
But this(fuel prices) is a good thing, and good things never last.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They will only let me fill the stock tank in Juarez.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by annabelle
They will only let me fill the stock tank in Juarez.
Where did you go? I just went last saturday and had no issues.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Banned

Port of entry in Santa Teresa, don't remember the station name....about 20 miles in.........first time....wife is afraid of all the shootings. No lines.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by annabelle
Port of entry in Santa Teresa, don't remember the station name....about 20 miles in.........first time....wife is afraid of all the shootings. No lines.
That is where I go. It is almost exactly 20 miles from the port. First Pemex you come to on the left? You can go a bit further and there is 2 or 3 more stations real close. I have not gone there because I have not had any issues with the current one.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Banned

May have just been the cashier I ran into.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:08 PM

I know that this is the texas posting

Went down to S.Y. they would only fill up my primary tank ( it was 1/2 full)
so io went further east past la mesa and found 5 more diesel station all with fuel. but they would only sell me 60.00 worth until of course when I get to the last station. i was talking to them in my broken spanglish and they asked me how much i wanted i said full. when it only came up to about 30 gallons they said come back here and we will fill you up. so i tipped them 10.00 US so they would remimber me.

so it is avalialbe took me 2 hours round trip.
50 min in sentri

i'm good for another 3 weeks but will probally gop down in 2

Quick Reply: Mexican Diesel-Texas