Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Mexican Diesel-Texas

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mexican Diesel-Texas

Just got back from Presidio/OJ on a diesel run, (2) 55 gal drums, (3) 5 gal jugs.
My neighbor told me last night that they are going to start NOT allowing this, that you have to have an INBED tank. There has been a lot written about California crossings becoming an issue.
Anybody had any Texas crossing issues yet?
Diesel there is about $2.20 a gal.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's a haul just for a diesel run. I would have given you a couple of 55 gallon drums to take!

MikeyB
Old 05-28-2008, 02:24 PM

Well. there were other missions. I own proerty out there and need to do stuff on the land. It also provides a break from Houston.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:15 PM

Does customs ask what is in the drums and make you declare it?
Old 05-28-2008, 04:27 PM

It has not happenned to me yet. My neighbor in Terlingua informed me that the change is coming. They have not been uniform on this at differrent crossings and from State to State. There has been a lot of reputed volume buying in Mexico and reselling for a profit here. So, I believe they want to come out with a uniform policy/ruling. I had also seen on other searches (Yahoo) that 110 gallons in an in bed tank(maybe needs to be plumbed to the fuel line?) has been something of an existing policy.
Mexico/Pemex susidizes diesel to stabilize their economy. So with a 2.50 gallon differrence, many are taking advantage.
In the near past, i would tell them I was bringing back diesel. They would ask "Why are you doing that? (Duh?)". I explain. The other is "It isn't dyed red is it?". I expalin that is a US Ag program not related to Mexico.
This trip, no questions, no issues. But I suspect it is coming.
I have read that in California, people are having to take back 5 gallons to Mexico and get rid of them. Sad!(Give the fuel away!)
Old 05-28-2008, 06:15 PM

I live 35mi from the border here in South Texas, i was told that here pretty soon you can fill your truck up and up to 110gals in an in bed tank..

I havent gone across yet, i was nervous cause i know how Mexico gas will mess up a car faster then anything, its a bit watered down and i dont know if it goes for the same with Diesel..

I have only heard about 1 diesel truck being brought in due to Mexico diesel, i was told it messed up a pump on the truck, now if it was more the diesel then just plain going out i dont know..
Old 05-29-2008, 09:33 AM

Pemex Diesel is actually better than ours. Some of it ULSD(near California), while most of it is just LSD, like we use to have and love. It is excellent diesel. Their entire country runs on it. They BUY a huge portion of their diesel & gas from the US.
I think their gas is OK too. I have had bad gas in this country. It happens, if you go to a volume Pemex station, you should do fine.
Did I tell you their diesel goes further per gallon because not ULSD?
If I lived 30 miles from the border, I would be on a first name basis with my Pemex attendant. Give it a try!
What border town do you live near?
Old 05-30-2008, 01:07 PM

keep us in the loop, let us know. at those prices I could learn to speaka da spanish.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is one of those rare occasions i wish i lived closer to the border........
Old 05-31-2008, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by GhettoVaquero
this is one of those rare occasions i wish i lived closer to the border........
Don't worry, it is getting closer!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:22 PM

SUPR

I live 40mi from Eagle Pass and 75mi from Laredo, i'm always at 1 or the other.. I'll give it a shot here soon when i get my truck outta the shop..
Old 06-02-2008, 04:54 PM

Eagle Pass may be safer. I have not read about any Narco wars there.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by supr
Eagle Pass may be safer. I have not read about any Narco wars there.
Hahaha..

Yeah i know what ya mean.. I spend a lot of time in Laredo and i hear and have seen some of the bad things, i went to the Target right there in the middle of town once and 2 guys walked in with automatic wepons and there were calling out a name looking for a guy.. They walked the store and then left, didnt cause any trouble other then scaring the crap outta people ha.. I bet if they would of found him, he was gonna die..

I go to the border and check things out and i get stared at like i'm lost, i get that look like whats that white boy doing down here haha..

I love laredo, the women are something else..

The whole war thats going on is cause the Russian mafia is trying to move in and take over, its been going on for the past few yrs, a lot of people have been killed in Nuevo Laredo..

But yeah i'll stick with Eagle Pass ha..
Old 06-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have been crossing at the Santa Teresa New Mexico port. It takes about an hour and 15 min. from the time I leave to the time I get back home. They do ask why you were in Mexico and I just tell them to get Diesel and they say OK. Show them the ID and birth certificate and on my way. I have heard they are cracking down but there are no laws that say you can't haul fuel accross the boarder if it is 100 gallons or less. My 75 gal saddle tank is mounted solid in the truck and so far no problems. I will be going again at the end of this month to fill it all up again. Just make sure you don't try to fill a bunch of loos containers.
I also just got an empty 55 gal drum that had farm (red) diesel in it that I will top off and then go fill my 75 gal tank. At this point in time, you cannot have too much "extra" diesel around.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:08 AM

I read a post on another thread from CA CPB guy who said they may not have a central policy. It seems that CA gives people more grieg than any other state.
I sent an e-mail to my friend in Terlingua to see if he has made a recent diesel run. We have been using 30 & 55 gal drums. He does have an in bed tank too.
Any Narco wars in NM? I heard a few weeks ago that Columbus did.

Quick Reply: Mexican Diesel-Texas