Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

Mexican Diesel-Texas

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much is Mexican Diesel? Sounds like you could almost make a job out of hauling it for people if it’s cheap enough.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would not be a good idea to try and sell it to others as you could find your self in hot water with the tax man.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:23 AM

Yeha thats true. I guess it would have to be under the table. I can see it now the black market for #2
Old 06-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by xzaq103
Yeha thats true. I guess it would have to be under the table. I can see it now the black market for #2
Dumb people who try to do this is what will get all kinds of new laws passed quickly and shut down the whole thing. There are ALWAYS a few people that ruin things for the rest of us. I will go to Mexico as long as possible.

SUPR>>> Nothing happening where I cross because there is absolutly NOTHING out there when you cross the boarder. In Juarez however there are major narco wars. 2 big drug loards fighting for control of the city and killing all good cops that are trying to stop it. I will not go over any of the main bridges to Juarez.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:24 PM

Yeah Juarez is pretty bad, everytime i go there with my friend her dad sends us out with bodyguards talk about a weird feeling.. Her dads a lawyer in El Paso and Juarez, he defends the bad guys..

Laredo use to not be like that and then all the sudden it started and i know 2 years ago they were killing cops like crazy and then the army stepped in but after they left the same crap started to happen again..
Old 06-10-2008, 09:55 PM

Hello all, Ive been going to Progresso Mexico for the past 2 months with no problems at the border or with the truck. Diesel is $2.15 a gallon. I decided I wanted to put a bed tank back in my truck. It had one in it that a friend built from scratch when he owned it. It was a cool tank with a high end Dawes tool box on top of it. The filler neck was under the tool box lid. Problem with it was it was built out of steel and stated getting pin holes around the welds.
Well before I spent $600.00 to have one built out of aluminum I called the CBP in DC they told me as long as it was bolted in the truck and plumbed to the truck it wasn't a problem. They also gave me the phone number to my point of entry and I called and talked to a supervisor there and He said the same thing. So I made my first run this weekend with the new tank. 127 gallons total between the bed and stock tank. Customs guy didn't ask and I didn't say anything just declared our 2 bottles and paid the tax.

Today I just finished installing my FASS and a electric valve so I can switch between tanks. So now all I do to fill the stock tank is switch the valve to the bed tank and let the return from the FASS and the injection pump fill the stock tank.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:10 AM

My family owns Gulf Shrimp Boats. Fuel (non-tax) is running 3.90 to 4.10 per tanker full. Have a family friend further down the coast that rented a large boat to go get fuel further into Mexico. Boat will hold 200,000 gallons plus, friend was quoted $1.55 per gallon for anything over 150,000 at a time. Boat is due back this weekend. He has already scheduled another run for mid July.

Jim
Old 06-12-2008, 03:43 AM

CA Mexico Update

Here is some dialog that I have had with CPB

CPB (CA ONLY) others might adopt also
Believe it or not, but guidance should be going out to our ports by the end of this week. And the guidance will most likely state that as long as the diesel fuel will not be used for commercial purposes, it can be entered through San Ysidro. If the officer suspects that the fuel will be used for commercial purposes, then the officer has the right to prevent the fuel from entering through our vehicle lanes and the individual will be referred to Otay Mesa to make a commercial entry. So, based on how your truck was set up, you would be allowed to bring the diesel fuel back as long as you can justify it is not for commercial use or that you plan on selling the fuel.

My question was
And how would one know if there truck was ok or not.
the guy at the sentri said it would be ok for today. tomorrow no guarantee?

CBP
The guidance I provide will be for all the CA ports of entry. I can not speak for AZ or TX. The bottom line is if you are bring back fuel for non-commercial use, you will be okay. If you bring back 150 gallons of diesel fuel and the purpose is to sell it in the US, then you will have to make a commercial entry. If you bring 150 gallons of diesel fuel to use for your truck or another one of your vehicles, then there will be no issue.

ME
So what you are saying ( today) is that if I were to bring back fuel in 5 gallon containers then it would be ok if I said it was for my use not business
or if I were to bring 150 gallons and had a nozzle to pump off to my other diesel truck at home would be ok as it stands today?

CBP
Yes, as long as it is not for commercial use.

that is the word as of today
Old 06-12-2008, 04:38 PM

When you guys go down there do you get Mexican Insurance for your truck?
Old 06-12-2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by 82shovel
When you guys go down there do you get Mexican Insurance for your truck?
Nope. At least where I go there is almost no traffic and it is really out in BFE. I'm in and out in less than 45 min.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:00 AM

It is my understanding that our normal insurance covers border towns, but not past the check point.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by supr
It is my understanding that our normal insurance covers border towns, but not past the check point.
I'm pretty sure you are right on that.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:50 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Chula Vista Mex./diesel.

Originally Posted by rockcrawler304
I'm pretty sure you are right on that.
It's a felony to drive in Mexico without Mexican insurance. A good source of online insurance is; www.discoverbaja.com. In Chula Vista between me and the border,two parties on Craigslist are selling diesel for $3.00-$4.00/gallon. Sounds like they're making some runs.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:08 PM

Article in the Houston Paper today, dateline Laredo-"US GAS now a big bargain in Mexico". Duh?
40% of Gas & diesel come from the US. Shell's Deer Park Refinery makes fuel for them. In 1993 Pemex invested $1B in that refinery.
CPB said they are concerend with "Anything that is not in actual use or that is not fitting to the vehicle........We are not stopping people who are coming in with just one tank, but we are looking at people who come in with several of them".
So, let me know if anyone comes back with 30 or 55 gallon drums!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:12 PM

which CBP guy did you talk to

My guy is the head of all So Cal ports
he has also said that every state can do what they want
The were CARB is just worried about people come ming across more then once a day and selling it here in the usa. which some are do.
I have not had anymore problems. al tho in tijuana there have been some stations only allowing trucks to fill up. as they are running out of fuel on the weekends.
I know of 3 places that i can go for fuel.
when i get my gps i will track them and post them here

Quick Reply: Mexican Diesel-Texas