ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Drag Wars

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah,, but i am going to change it up some more..
Old 08-25-2009, 11:43 AM

Dont know anything about it or if its a good deal but........
http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ150724625
Old 08-25-2009, 12:34 PM

Im definately going to check into it.. If it is in decent shape it isnt a bad price for sure

Thanks for keeping a eye out, it is really appreciated
Old 08-25-2009, 04:49 PM

If you are building up another CR, you will need a CR block. Can't put an older timing case on a new block, or vice versa. Not with out some machining, anyway.

Kev, did you get a time slip for that run? Be interesting to see what kind of run you were on your way to. Did any of the rods fail?
Old 08-25-2009, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by morkable
yeah,, but i am going to change it up some more..
I am assuming rods, decompressed pistons, big cam, cummins main girdle. head work, machined off intake, and custom intake, fogger style water setup...

If you are planing on doing head work let me know. I know Farrell quite well, (he started the PDR head program, back when Piers was still running the show) He works out of one of my close friends shop now.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:00 PM

everything you said except the lower compression. Due to the lower RPM it really isnt of much benefit to lower the compression. I believe it actually hurts you more than helps. I dont think I will run water either, as EGT's dont seem to be an issue for me either. But everything else is on the table.

I will keep that in mind about Farrell though, I wasnt very happy with the product that Trac engine put out for sure.

Tate, I won the race, but I didnt get the time slip unfortunately... I do know though it was working,, I was really starting to get it dialed in.. the car I was racing was dialed in at 9.90 and I was pulling on him. Would have been interesting to see the time slip for sure.

I looked at that add in Kijiji that cummins 610 posted,, 4 grand for a 03 CR and a auto tranny,, sounds like a pretty good price to me,, what do you guys think?
Old 08-25-2009, 07:16 PM
The Guru

Whats all on the motor? Findout if its stripped down. Some people sell a motor without injection pump, turbo, injectors, and who nows what else. How many miles on the motor? $4K seems on the high side, but if it has the right parts and all the electronics still on it. See if you can get the ecm and wiring harness as well. You never know.

Cutting off the intake plenum is really only worth it if you rev the motor up to 5000+ rpms. There was a guy on comp diesel that did some dyno and drag times. The motor made more power, just moved up the rpm band. If Kev is limited to 4k, a decent home porting is enough.

Tate, could the older storm blocks be used for a CR? I think that they have the bigger bolts and stiffer block. I might have one, and we can machine the gearbox housing. I would also run a reforcing plate instead of the tappet covers. I don't know if you can drill and install larger bolts for the plate. I saw the Dr. Performance truck at the black had one. Mr Evil might have a picture. I hope that the pistons and rods are ok. We can build a back-up motor for ya, for extreme abuse that Kev's right foot dishes out.

Wow, A 9.90 run, in a 6500lb truck. Thats one fast truck. Can we use it to go for a ice cream run?
Old 08-25-2009, 07:48 PM

That was one hell of a bang when that thing went. It was load over in the pit area. I cant wait to see what you get together for an engine next year.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:50 PM

LOL,, the engine is complete except for turbo, fan and exhaust manifold. It even comes with the tranny.. had 84000 km on it only,, should be good
Old 08-26-2009, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
I would also run a reforcing plate instead of the tappet covers. I don't know if you can drill and install larger bolts for the plate. I saw the Dr. Performance truck at the black had one. Mr Evil might have a picture.
I am not sure I have a good pic as I was just snapping random pics - but here they are:

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...DrPerformance/

I also included a few shots of the jet car to make Holmen drool.....
Old 08-26-2009, 12:35 AM

This engine that I am buying supposedly has only 84k on it,, so I would think that everything should be good. I am going to try and sell a few parts off of it,, like the tranny etc to help offset some of the cost.. I hope that the injectors are good, cause I am fairly confident that I will have at least 1 injector that is going to be roughed up a bit.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:46 AM

That engine is not very far from me....let me know if/when your coming down.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:06 AM

Im going to be there on sunday to pick it up
Old 08-27-2009, 02:51 PM

So you will be ready for the dyno that is being planed for the end of sept!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:57 PM

Kev, if you want a hand when it comes time to do that engine, let me know. The dead of winter is usually slower for me, so start saving your pennies now for all your parts.

Quick Reply: Drag Wars