3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Snow Plow Prep Group?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snow Plow Prep Group?

I ordered a 2500 H.O. last night with many goodies to include the Snow Plow Prep Group. The dealer had no idea if the Snow Plow Group came with heavier duty springs/shocks or not. I hear the Snow Plow Group trucks sit a bit higher in the front than normal 2500's, if so I would have to assume heavier duty springs are included. Can anyone verify what actually comes in the Snow Plow Prep Group? Thanks.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:41 PM
c5r

Re:Snow Plow Prep Group?

The package also comes with bigger batteries but they are already included with the diesel. But I was hearing that 160amp alternator only came with the plow prep.<br><br>I will be majorly ticked off if I skipped the 6sp to get the plow prep and the alternator was already a 160.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:23 AM

I am also curious about this. My truck has the plow prep pkg., it does not seem to sit any higher than any other '03 Cummins truck that I've seen. I have noticed that the 2500's with the Hemi and plow prep seem to sit higher in the front than the Hemi's without plow prep. That would support the theory that the Cummins trucks already have the stiffest springs. The thing that doesn't make sense is that the cost of the option is the same on the Cummins as it is on the other trucks. So we must be paying more to get less? One would be better off to opt for the protection group for $95, save $35, and get the tow hooks AND the transfer case skid plate! :
Old 02-27-2003, 10:50 AM

Mine is a regular cab cTD 6spd with the snow plow prep, trailer tow and protection package options. It has the 160a alternator but dont know which package adds it but belive it was the trailer tow package, not the snow plow prep.<br><br>My truck sits slighly higher than the Quad cab but that could be attributed to the extra weight of the 4 door cab lowering the truck a little. <br><br>My truck sits almost level (favoring the front by a little more than an inch it seems) as the body lines seem to give the truck more of a frontal rake than the actual chassis to ground dimensions suggest.<br><br>
Old 02-27-2003, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I too would be interested to see the spring numbers on the non-plow equipped trucks. Maybe we could settle this debate once and for all.<br><br>After ordering the H.O. that obviously came with the Heavy Duty Service Group and such, the Plow Prep Group only gave me the transfer case skid plate and the 160 amp altenator that I know of. However the dealer had a book from Dodge that mentioned springs, but when we configured my truck on his PC, there was no mention of springs. I would imagine the PC would be more accurate.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:34 AM

Okay guys, I am admittedly a bad boy! I didn't get the snow plow prep .. even though I've got the plow ... and the spring numbers are as follows <br><br>Driver side 985AA Passenger side 984AA.<br><br>So I guess that they do up the springs for the plow prep group by one. [undecided]<br><br>Stil handles great though! ;D
Old 02-28-2003, 12:17 PM

According to Chrysler Dealer Connect, the Heavy Duty Snow Plow Prep Group (code AHD) consists of the 160 amp alternator (code BAB), the 750 amp battery (code BCQ), and the transfer case skid plate (code XEF). The cost of this option is $114, w/ and MSRP of $130.<br><br>The trailer tow group (AHC) comes with the 750 amp battery, the seven pin wiring harness, and a class lV reciever hitch. Cost is $275, MSRP is $242.<br><br>Protection Group (ADB) is the transfer case skid plate, and tow hooks. Cost is $84, MSRP $95.<br><br>I could not find any other option group that included the 160 amp alt. besides the Snow Plow Group. There was no mention of the springs.<br><br>Hope this helps.<br><br>Jason
Old 02-28-2003, 03:54 PM

Looks like we have settled the Plow Prep Group mystery! Thanks All! There is one more thing not mentioned here. My dealer said something about a transmission gauge for those who ordered Plow Prep Group. Is that a real gauge in the dash or an idiot light?
Old 02-28-2003, 04:35 PM

[quote author=BusinessLink link=board=17;threadid=11526;start=0#110225 date=1046456262]<br>According to Chrysler Dealer Connect, the Heavy Duty Snow Plow Prep Group (code AHD) consists of the 160 amp alternator (code BAB), the 750 amp battery (code BCQ), and the transfer case skid plate (code XEF). The cost of this option is $114, w/ and MSRP of $130.<br><br>The trailer tow group (AHC) comes with the 750 amp battery, the seven pin wiring harness, and a class lV reciever hitch. Cost is $275, MSRP is $242.<br><br>Protection Group (ADB) is the transfer case skid plate, and tow hooks. Cost is $84, MSRP $95.<br><br>I could not find any other option group that included the 160 amp alt. besides the Snow Plow Group. There was no mention of the springs.<br><br>Hope this helps.<br><br>Jason<br>[/quote]<br><br>Looks like I should be due a credit from DC<br><br>Seems I paid for the 750 amp batteries twice<br>And I paid for the skid plate twice.<br><br>Wonder if that would work or carries any weight.... ???<br><br>Possibly false advertisement and entrapment.... ???
Old 03-03-2003, 05:41 PM

Haha...nope, neither. Those prices I gave you were for the Cummins engine. If you look at the option prices for the Hemi, the snow plow group, and the trailer towing group get more expensive. DC takes care of you. They are not double charging you.<br><br>Jason
Old 03-04-2003, 03:21 PM

Check Thread &quot;Snow Plow Prep Group Warning&quot;