3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

How long from D1 on ordered trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long from D1 on ordered trucks?

I'm D1 and impatient. :
Old 11-20-2002, 05:35 AM

Re:How long from D1 on ordered trucks?

From the postings I've seen here and at TDR it appears to take from as short as 5 days up to 15 days to go from D1 to an E (or F or G).<br><br>BUT (and it's a Big BUT) I discovered during my compulsive checking of my own order that the tracking system is WAY behind in updates. So, if they tell you your truck went D1, it could have been D1 for several days or more already.<br><br>For example: I called on 10/11 and my truck was D1 (and had been for 7 days). On 10/18 I was told my truck had gone F. However, my truck was actually built 10/02 according to the build sheet and door jamb sticker. The system was 16+ days behind on the status of my truck!<br><br>Soooooo.... I guess the good news is your truck is probably further along in the process than you may think. ;D<br><br>Best to y'all<br>Bill <br><br>
Old 11-20-2002, 11:05 AM

Nevada<br><br>According to DC and I called every few days, mine never did go D1 I don't believe. It went from D to KZ and was in Texas on the train before I could blink an eye. Their puters are not totally up to date<br><br>Hope you get her soon, the wait is awful but worth it!<br><br>Hunter
Old 11-20-2002, 11:48 AM

Nevada,<br> Unfortunately, even after they are shipped sometimes they don't stay shipped! Last night I was told that &quot;Smoke&quot; had left Saltillo on 11/9 and arrived at Veracruz on the 14th where she was waiting to be transported to Tampa via ship. A few minutes ago I was told she was being held at Saltillo for quality concerns. ??? Since I believe everything I am told, they must have checked the fluid levels, found them low, and shipped her back to the plant for topping off. Why else would they have shipped it back ???<br><br>The Boss Hog <br>&quot;...and the wait goes on...&quot; (Sonny and Cher)
Old 11-20-2002, 12:06 PM

Boss Hogg, Mine was the worst case scenario, built then sat at
Saltillo for over three weeks.. When shipped it took two weeks to SF Bay Area by rail. It was unloaded and lost by transporter (trucker) in storage yard for three weeks. Dealer had to find it and demand they immediately deliver it.

Orders on our 2003 babys are like a pregnancy, they can arrive anytime when they good and ready. My dealer said his orders are usually delivered in just over two weeks after build date, max of three weeks. Mine was the exception.
Old 11-20-2002, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally got mine. My truck was made in Fenton, Missouri on Sept 16 and for some unknown reason sat in St. Louis for a &quot;quality control issue for four weeks then it was sent to Chicago. It was picked up in Chicago by Canadian National Railways and then shipped to a yard in Edmonton, Alberta.<br>It arrived in the yard on the Friday night of the Rememberance day weekend and the truckers took that weekend off. Guess what, first in the yard is the last out so it took almost a week and a half to get it to the dealer. I went to get a fifth wheel hitch put on it this morning and the guy said you may want to get the box put on straight. He showed me the box was over to the right side at the front almost 1&quot; so I took it back to the dealer and I have an appointment to get that fixed on Friday.<br>At least I got to drive it and I am impressed six speed shifts as smooth as oiled spagetti.
Old 11-20-2002, 03:41 PM

Jim O,<br> Sorry to hear that DC waisted the 4 weeks your baby spent in Quality Control I am curious about the one inch misalighnment problem. I did not know there was that much adjustment in the mounting system? Are the brackets misplaced on the frame? Please let us know what the dealer says. Thanks,<br><br>The Boss Hog<br>
Old 11-20-2002, 04:31 PM

My condolences, Jim O. I know what it is like waiting for no good reason. Then to have to take it back immediately for a problem.

Keep us posted. :'( :'(
Old 11-20-2002, 05:08 PM

u guys did pass high school didnt u??all this D , KZ, D1 mumbojumbo has me thinking that all u guys dont have an edumacation!!
Old 11-20-2002, 05:19 PM

Well I'd say I hold the record for it getting here the fastest. Mine got built and shipped on a Friday and made it from Mexico to here in Missouri by the next friday. We have a good transporter here in St.Louis though. I know em pretty good and called em and asked em if they could mark it &quot;HOT&quot; and it was loaded and deliverded the same day it came off the train. Pays to be a dealer with a few conections. You guys do know you can track it yourself from the plant to the last railyard on www.uprr.com if you have the train car number. You can get the number from DC's customer center in detroit. It is a long menu and wait but if you are as pshyco as me you will do it.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:17 PM

Thank you all for the replies. Sounds like getting the truck built is much faster than the shipping. Something about that doesn't seem right. I'll keep waiting and waiting. :