3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Ac blend door club

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by txfiremedic
Could somebody that has FIXED this chime in on a how to?? I got the broken part out but would like to fix it. Thanks in advance!
while i cant tell you how to fix it, i can tell you how to not have a water hammer!

btw...i stayed in a holiday inn express last night

brett
Old 09-20-2007, 08:27 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
mine is the cheapo system, 3 round *****, push button for AC and heated mirrors.

yours sounds like the split system for driver/passenger with the sliders for temp control?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04ctd
mine is the cheapo system, 3 round *****, push button for AC and heated mirrors.

yours sounds like the split system for driver/passenger with the sliders for temp control?
you say cheap, i say simple...who really cares if the passenger isnt as comfortble as the driver??? not me! hahah can you tell im not married?

brett
Old 09-20-2007, 08:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
hahah can you tell im not married?
brett
keep running ya mouth, i will GOOGLE your address, and FedEx my wife out to you.

she FREEZES all the time. she wore sweat pants and sweater hoodie tonite, i had on jeans, t-shirt, and AC on, windows down, and still hot.

she keeps a blanket or a sweater in the truck all times.
when the door was broke, it was 10 degrees cooler on her side.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04ctd
keep running ya mouth, i will GOOGLE your address, and FedEx my wife out to you.

she FREEZES all the time. she wore sweat pants and sweater hoodie tonite, i had on jeans, t-shirt, and AC on, windows down, and still hot.

she keeps a blanket or a sweater in the truck all times.
when the door was broke, it was 10 degrees cooler on her side.
it would be like wife swap...your wife would be so glad to be back home after experiencing my life for 2 weeks...nobody deserves to deal with all the crazyness that i seem to find myself in on a daily basis! i can gaurantee she would meet some of the craziest women in texas..aka...my ex's

brett
Old 05-16-2008, 08:58 AM

well I guess add me to the list. The crappy thing is , is that I been reading on here about this issue thinking nah mine wont do it Im extra careful while switching modes and low and behold yesterday it breaks. My dad is like whats wrong with your a/c by this time I have realized what it was and am frustrated . " Please stop jacking with my fan speed **** it doesnt work but you can bet your butt ill be on what I call " my web site" and figure out how to fix it .
Old 06-02-2008, 10:44 PM

i bought my truck used with the problem. the guy thought he was pulling a fast one over on me. said he had a/c problems and the price was right. i called the dealer to see if there was a on going problem with this. liar liar pants on fire. called the 1-800- who gives a crap number and they said the same thing. naturally my truck is out of warranty and the dealer wants $800 to fix the issue. i fixed it myself inside of 15 minutes. drop the blower motor, reach in and remove the actuator door that is broken.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:31 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
27,645 miles

Customer states recirculation door is broken. Install special ordered part.

Removed dash, discharged AC system, removed HVAC box found recirculation door missing ( ) installed a new recirc door assy, installed HVAC box, charged AC, reinstalled dash, tested okay.

*What's weird is the airflow doesn't change between exterior and interior anymore and I don't hear the door open or close...Me thinks he did it wrong...And why would they need to open up my AC system? If I knew they had to open the system I would have said forget it.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:19 PM

recirc door at39k got to love it!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 PM

I repair about 2 trucks a week for the recirc issues and a a few more with other doors failing.If I was to pick the avg miles it would be at about the 30 k mark

Bob
Old 06-03-2008, 09:08 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bob4x4
I repair about 2 trucks a week for the recirc issues and a a few more with other doors failing.If I was to pick the avg miles it would be at about the 30 k mark

Bob
So can you explain my post a few up above yours?
Old 06-03-2008, 10:00 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Looking in the manual, it would appear to change the blend door, a person would have to pull the refrigerant out of the ac system and drain coolant, pull most of the dash to remove the HVAC assembly. It looks like it would be a lot of work, and you would need the equipment to pull and replace the refrigerant in the AC system.

Anyway, the Blend door (or doors (2) with dual zone climate control) is kind of in the middle of the housing, and controls how much of the air is routed through the heater core. It looks like a person would have to take the HVAC system apart to replace them.

The Recirculation door is located on the passenger side of the HVAC. It has two positions, one blocking air from the cowl vent in front of the windshield and drawing air from inside the cab, and in the other position it blocks air from the cab intake and allows air intake from the cowl vent.

You can see the in-cab intake part by removing the glove box, and see the recirculation door move when you change settings. If it broke, the recirculation door could be taken out by just pulling the fan, but your HVAC system would always be drawing air from both the inside of the cab and outside...
Old 06-03-2008, 10:20 PM

I need to join !

06 With broken door.It was the reason the fan roared.Any recall on this thing ?
Old 06-04-2008, 09:18 AM

Seems to me that it's happening to mostly '06 models but not totally. I have an '07, can I look forward to this problem or have they improved the failing part on the '07? Dodge is so slow to fix problems, it drives me crazy! I got rid of my 1500 because of rearend issues that where even more common than this A/C door issue. The thing is that Dodge seems to turn their back and ignore a problem when they need to be looking for a fix.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:41 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I've read threads about it pretty much through the range of 3rd gens...

I do wonder, though, if the blend door thing happens less on the ones with dual zone climate control...

The other thing I wish Dodge and other makes would do is make the HVAC housing modular, or put access pannels in it, so that a person could replace a blend door, or a heater core, or whatever without having to purge and disconnect the AC system and take half the cab apart...

Quick Reply: Ac blend door club