3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

iQuad Update and Beta Testers Needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No NO....I'm not a Droid user.
I run a custom Windows Mobile ROM.

I just said I'd like to see it on an Android OS and that I thought, considering the future, it has a bigger audience.
Android is outpacing iOS, and tablets coming out will likely run Android as well.

I think this is what he's referring to, but I could be wrong.
Android Torque and a $20 OBDII Bluetooth dongle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoozilyKwBA

Throw it on something like this and you've got a pretty cool readout I'd think.

http://www.merimobiles.com/Moonse_AP...p/meri0396.htm

If someone took a little time and rewrote that a little bit, it could have all those features.

On a side note I found these while researching the touchscreen. These would make some cool pillar gauges I'd think.
http://www.plxkiwi.com/kiwiwifi/hardware.html

Not sure how any of these can get along with things that are already tieing up the OBDII port like programmers, or DirectLink brake controllers,ect. They make pass through OBDII plugs, but....idk...
Old 11-01-2010, 08:16 AM

This is perfect for guys like me. I have a BASIC cell phone, the old flip phone that barely does text...It makes calls, that's all I ask of it. I have a iTouch and it provides me everything I need at home/on the go. When I get the funds together I will be getting the iQuad!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:14 PM

I just submitted the paperwork and am ready to get my Iphone 4 working. Currently running the Smarty Jr
Old 11-03-2010, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personaly I have no need for a smart phone. I always tell my freinds who are jacking around with theres that mine has a neat feature that theres aparently dont... I can talk on it and the person on the other end can hear my live voice in real time. I have a computer for the rest of the stuff. Personaly this Iphone deal seems like an ideal product for me. I just dont have the money to spare rite now or Ide be all over it. Honestly Ime not sure I need ALL those features but I want a little more power with some control. If I where to do it I would realy wana go for the Ipad option so I could use it for other things as well. I just dont know if I would want that big monster sitting around on the dash for reading the gauges.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by bkrukow
Personaly I have no need for a smart phone. I always tell my freinds who are jacking around with theres that mine has a neat feature that theres aparently dont... I can talk on it and the person on the other end can hear my live voice in real time. I have a computer for the rest of the stuff. Personaly this Iphone deal seems like an ideal product for me. I just dont have the money to spare rite now or Ide be all over it. Honestly Ime not sure I need ALL those features but I want a little more power with some control. If I where to do it I would realy wana go for the Ipad option so I could use it for other things as well. I just dont know if I would want that big monster sitting around on the dash for reading the gauges.
This is the perfect scenario for the touch. It's not a phone and it's inexpensive for this type of device. This entire product including a new itouch will be comparable cost wise to similar products and a much better display device and it's wireless!