3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

iQuad Update and Beta Testers Needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iQuad Update and Beta Testers Needed

Ok, first let me be the first to say that I apologize for the silence up to this point but, it was not by my choice!

One of the contracted companies decided they were going to try and screw us so this project has been tied up in litigation for several months.

The good news is that its over (we won, if there is such a thing in litigation) and we can finish this up and get on with our lives!

During all of this there has been some fallout and we lost some code that was already complete and we lost all of our available licenses from apple for beta testing through this process. So we are going to start the beta program over and we have to use all new UDID #'s and cannot use those from the previous beta test (this meant I personally had to go get a new iTouch! ).

So here is where this is at now. The app works really well, the wifi hardware works really well but, the app is not complete now.

Here is what works:

Power level changes
All available parameters for each particular year model
safety de-fueling
turbo timer settings
warm up mode settings
gear change de-fueling settings
transmission slip settings and drivetrain info

What is not done:
0-60 time
1/4 mile performance
DTC read and erase for the newer trucks
datalogging
can't set individual warnings
de-fuel is for egt and boost only right now

So with all that said, we need new beta testers to finish this. The first release of the product and ver 1.0 of the iQuad app is scheduled to be available Nov 8th. We will release all we can on the first release and then offer app updates through the app store every 2 weeks until it is 100% complete, although we think maybe 2 updates will be all that is needed for 110% function across all vehicles we support.

If you want to participate I need you to fill out our beta form even if you have already done it. Make certain that you put iQuad somewhere in the comments box so we know what you are after. http://www.quadzillapower.com/index.cfm/h/beta-program

We will contact you and get you the rest of the information you need. This is NOT free but, it comes very discounted. The app is always free but, the wifi hardware is not. Because I have to burn licenses I am not going to just offer refunds to anyone that wants one on this test. If you are unhappy and its not working for you then we can certainly work something out in the end but, don't just jump into testing to check it out and ask for a refund or you won't get one.

There are multiple steps to this test.

#1 I will have to send you a link to download an app that will allow you to send me your ID# for your phone.

#2We then have to build a specific update to allow you to load it on your phone through itunes.

#3 we have to send you wifi hardware.

While beta testing updates are not as easy as loading them through the store. We have to build them individually and then email them to you and you have to go through a process to delete the old version and update with the new version.

I think I have explained this as far as I can. If you have any questions please let me know!

For those that have not seen it here are some screen shots:

Name:  QZ_01-DASH-FULL_v06.png
Views: 118
Size:  160.7 KB

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o...TTE_v06.png%26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apx3lqBcGok

Old 10-11-2010, 05:59 AM

Will something like this be available for the droid?
Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 AM

No offense...but why the over rated iPhone? Andriod is taking over if you haven't noticed...
Seems a little day late and dollar short if you ask me.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:27 PM

There is already probally a better app for the droid series. Its called torque and you can get a bluetooth OBD2 plug that will datalog and numerous other things.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:31 PM

I think I will stay with blackberry...
Old 10-17-2010, 08:58 AM

Awesome! I've been waiting to hear more about this ever since you had first posted some info a few months ago. Looks good!!
Old 10-17-2010, 10:17 AM

blackberry! Hahaha....
Old 10-17-2010, 11:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
More like Crackberry....
Old 10-17-2010, 05:39 PM

iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad (aka ios4) devices makes sense. Aside from the iPhone none require cell service or contracts. Thus TCO is less for the user vs. Blackberry/driod solution. Those require the user to have a cellular package.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:23 PM

ok I understand. But why knock BB? Really, is this highschool? Everybody has an opinion. Some should maybe turn the volume down on theirs.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by rocket82
ok I understand. But why knock BB? Really, is this highschool? Everybody has an opinion. Some should maybe turn the volume down on theirs.
X2. All platforms (Droid, ios4, BB etc) have a useful place and a passionate following.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:03 PM

but why the over rated iPhone? Andriod is taking over if you haven't noticed...
Seems a little day late and dollar short if you ask me.
The apple platform has low cost devices that do not require data plans for those users that do not already have a smartphone.

Its not a day late, or a dollar short. What we have is 10x more powerful and better than anything else on the market like this.

I will elaborate on this in a minute.

There is already probally a better app for the droid series. Its called torque and you can get a bluetooth OBD2 plug that will datalog and numerous other things.
WRONG!!!!!

The torque app might be useful to a few people but, it is really not very comprehensive.

Here are the things we do that the Torque cannot.

1.) Control your engine, when the iQuad is installed you can have gains from 0-160hp depending on your application, all on the fly.
2.) Custom Tune your engine, when the iQuad is installed you can adjust your rail pressure, engine timing and fuel injector duration all on the fly
3.) Safety features. With the iQuad you can also set things like max egt limits and you the device will automatically back down your fueling and other engine paramters to meet your required egt level.
4.) Monitor transmission slippage and allow defueling accordingly
5.) Turbo Timer, choose between time or egt limits.
6.) Cummins proprietary gauges such as transmission temp, gear, converter lock status etc are not standard OBD2 parameters
7.)True Rail Pressure gauge, measured at the Rail
8.) External but, included Fuel Pressure transducer that can also be used for any measurement from 0-100psi
9.)Show true speed based on your input for different tire sizes
10.) External EGT gauge included

Well thats at least a quick start at a LOT of stuff the droid app CANT do.

On the other hand, we monitor all the obd2 parameters as well, datalog, have 0-60 and 1/4 mile performance test, read and erase DTC's on the 06 newer trucks, and ALL of the stuff listed above.

So who is behind who? It seems as though all the really important stuff can be handled with our app, yet only the fluffy stuff is supported by the droid.

EGT, FP, RP, transmission data, Turbo Timer, de-fueling, power increases, tuning on the fly.........Seems pretty handy even if it is just to stack with.

I think I will stay with blackberry...
I also have a Blackberry and I am a HUGE BB fan. However we all know that the internet browsing sucks, the app store sucks and the day to day items such as the calculator, mp3 player, weather etc. and all that is not nearly as advanced as the iphone and other smart phones. For emails, BB msngr, phone calls etc the BB is king. Yes I have a torch as well and to me I actually like the Bold better.

This is the EXACT reason we went the route we did, everyone can love their phone and not have to change anything. Snag a iTouch for $180 and still be out the door with the complete package for $800-900 tops including the price of the touch (street prices).

But why knock BB? Really, is this highschool? Everybody has an opinion. Some should maybe turn the volume down on theirs.
I totally agree. But why knock iphone or droid or any of them?

We have plans to do some stuff on the Droid but, this has to be finished first. I know you guys see these cheap little obd2 apps and think its really easy to do and that part is. What we have is a very complex system that is far more advanced and handles far more data passage than these bluetooth devices. That is what takes so long. Its not that monitoring obd2 stuff is tough, its tough to tune engines on the fly while your driving, manage the engine while the ignition is turned off, or to take care of the engines when they are getting out of whack!

Hope that helps clear the air some!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
When you have an app for a droid, I'll gladly be a tester for you. I have a G2.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
The apple platform has low cost devices that do not require data plans for those users that do not already have a smartphone.

Its not a day late, or a dollar short. What we have is 10x more powerful and better than anything else on the market like this.

I will elaborate on this in a minute.

WRONG!!!!!

The torque app might be useful to a few people but, it is really not very comprehensive.

Here are the things we do that the Torque cannot.

1.) Control your engine, when the iQuad is installed you can have gains from 0-160hp depending on your application, all on the fly.
2.) Custom Tune your engine, when the iQuad is installed you can adjust your rail pressure, engine timing and fuel injector duration all on the fly3.) Safety features. With the iQuad you can also set things like max egt limits and you the device will automatically back down your fueling and other engine paramters to meet your required egt level.
4.) Monitor transmission slippage and allow defueling accordingly
5.) Turbo Timer, choose between time or egt limits.
6.) Cummins proprietary gauges such as transmission temp, gear, converter lock status etc are not standard OBD2 parameters
7.)True Rail Pressure gauge, measured at the Rail
8.) External but, included Fuel Pressure transducer that can also be used for any measurement from 0-100psi
9.)Show true speed based on your input for different tire sizes
10.) External EGT gauge included

Well thats at least a quick start at a LOT of stuff the droid app CANT do.

On the other hand, we monitor all the obd2 parameters as well, datalog, have 0-60 and 1/4 mile performance test, read and erase DTC's on the 06 newer trucks, and ALL of the stuff listed above.

So who is behind who? It seems as though all the really important stuff can be handled with our app, yet only the fluffy stuff is supported by the droid.

EGT, FP, RP, transmission data, Turbo Timer, de-fueling, power increases, tuning on the fly.........Seems pretty handy even if it is just to stack with.

I also have a Blackberry and I am a HUGE BB fan. However we all know that the internet browsing sucks, the app store sucks and the day to day items such as the calculator, mp3 player, weather etc. and all that is not nearly as advanced as the iphone and other smart phones. For emails, BB msngr, phone calls etc the BB is king. Yes I have a torch as well and to me I actually like the Bold better.

This is the EXACT reason we went the route we did, everyone can love their phone and not have to change anything. Snag a iTouch for $180 and still be out the door with the complete package for $800-900 tops including the price of the touch (street prices).

I totally agree. But why knock iphone or droid or any of them?

We have plans to do some stuff on the Droid but, this has to be finished first. I know you guys see these cheap little obd2 apps and think its really easy to do and that part is. What we have is a very complex system that is far more advanced and handles far more data passage than these bluetooth devices. That is what takes so long. Its not that monitoring obd2 stuff is tough, its tough to tune engines on the fly while your driving, manage the engine while the ignition is turned off, or to take care of the engines when they are getting out of whack!

Hope that helps clear the air some!
Really all from a phone? So whats the big need for the Stand alone ecm's that so many people want? Can you also raise the rpm limit and the ability to adjust just how high full fueling goes to?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:18 PM

I may buy a ipod for that.....

Quick Reply: iQuad Update and Beta Testers Needed