Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

iQuad Update and Beta Testers Needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iQuad Update and Beta Testers Needed

Ok, first let me be the first to say that I apologize for the silence up to this point but, it was not by my choice!

One of the contracted companies decided they were going to try and screw us so this project has been tied up in litigation for several months.

The good news is that its over (we won, if there is such a thing in litigation) and we can finish this up and get on with our lives!

During all of this there has been some fallout and we lost some code that was already complete and we lost all of our available licenses from apple for beta testing through this process. So we are going to start the beta program over and we have to use all new UDID #'s and cannot use those from the previous beta test (this meant I personally had to go get a new iTouch! ).

So here is where this is at now. The app works really well, the wifi hardware works really well but, the app is not complete now.

Here is what works:

Power level changes
All available parameters for each particular year model
safety de-fueling
turbo timer settings
warm up mode settings
gear change de-fueling settings
transmission slip settings and drivetrain info

What is not done:
0-60 time
1/4 mile performance
DTC read and erase for the newer trucks
datalogging
can't set individual warnings
de-fuel is for egt and boost only right now

So with all that said, we need new beta testers to finish this. The first release of the product and ver 1.0 of the iQuad app is scheduled to be available Nov 8th. We will release all we can on the first release and then offer app updates through the app store every 2 weeks until it is 100% complete, although we think maybe 2 updates will be all that is needed for 110% function across all vehicles we support.

If you want to participate I need you to fill out our beta form even if you have already done it. Make certain that you put iQuad somewhere in the comments box so we know what you are after. http://www.quadzillapower.com/index.cfm/h/beta-program

We will contact you and get you the rest of the information you need. This is NOT free but, it comes very discounted. The app is always free but, the wifi hardware is not. Because I have to burn licenses I am not going to just offer refunds to anyone that wants one on this test. If you are unhappy and its not working for you then we can certainly work something out in the end but, don't just jump into testing to check it out and ask for a refund or you won't get one.

There are multiple steps to this test.

#1 I will have to send you a link to download an app that will allow you to send me your ID# for your phone.

#2We then have to build a specific update to allow you to load it on your phone through itunes.

#3 we have to send you wifi hardware.

While beta testing updates are not as easy as loading them through the store. We have to build them individually and then email them to you and you have to go through a process to delete the old version and update with the new version.

I think I have explained this as far as I can. If you have any questions please let me know!

For those that have not seen it here are some screen shots:

Name:  QZ_01-DASH-FULL_v06.png
Views: 247
Size:  160.7 KB

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o...TTE_v06.png%26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apx3lqBcGok

Old 10-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess you can try me if you want.
Is there a trade in value for my Pulse?
Old 10-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Chapter President

Would love to see an Android app next
Old 10-09-2010, 11:40 PM

How's about a Black Berry app?
Old 10-10-2010, 07:49 PM

I second that
Old 10-15-2010, 11:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
android would be awesome.!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 05:07 PM

Is there a trade in value for my Pulse?
No trade ins for this stuff. As far as I know we are the ONLY company that does ANY trade ins but, not on this one. You can trade it on a PV2 still I think.

For your droid and BB users, sorry it will be quite a while. The main reason is that they offer no devices that can be used without signing up for a monthly plan.

With apple we can use the itouch or the ipad. The iTouch has gotten relatively inexpensive for how nice it is ($180is). With the price of the iTouch you are still looking at less $$$ than almost any other regular dedicated system out there. Street price including the iTouch will be less than $900. You can't beat that!

I would like to do a droid or BB app but, I have to make sure it makes sense. As much as I like them when you figure in the iPhones, itouch and ipad there are WAY more apple products already on the street as well!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:48 AM

whats is all involved with setting up the guages. I already have regular autometers on the piller. would the same connections work.
Also what kind of cost are we looking at. I have been looking for a tuner and have been leaning towards a smarty, but i am not 100% yet.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:23 PM

whats is all involved with setting up the guages.I already have regular autometers on the piller. would the same connections work.
Well the egt should go in the same hole, the FP should be similar, trans should be the same. The rest are gathered off of the data bus and just go with having the ADR hooked up which is pretty simple.

If you just want smarty power then you don't even need to tap the wire.

I would say if your thermocouple hole is drilled and you are mechanically sound you can install it all in about 30 minutes or so.

I would think this is slightly more than a Smarty but, not much. I am not sure how much those are these days either. I know you get a LOT more features with this than the Smarty also.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:54 PM

will it work with in iphone because i have one already. Also you have to already have the adr to be involved
Old 10-30-2010, 10:22 PM

If anyone has a ADR that wants to trade for a edge juice hot. I'd be more than willing to try this out.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:16 PM

can you buy just the adrenaline