3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Honest trans builder near jacksonville florida?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honest trans builder near jacksonville florida?

Im looking for a good place to get the 47re in my 03 built. im in st augustine fl so jax is the closest metro area to me.

i am still in the weighing options stage. My truck has k+n intake and 4in exhaust only and i dont plan on modding further than a mild tune so i dont need anything crazy but i dont want it under built either as i will be keeping it for the long haul.

Right now i am leaning towards installing a suncoast built replacement myself unless i can find a shop that comes highly recomended by others.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Go with Goerend..... I had a guy put the parts in my tranny here. Did a good job. Not sure where he is at now. The dealership he worked at closed.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:59 PM

anybody in the jax area??
Old 05-31-2011, 05:10 PM

every time i talk to another tranny shop i get closer to buying from suncoast or goerend.. The prices are all over the place and nobody seems know or wants to tell me what parts they will be using

Can anyone tell me thedifference between suncoast and goerends least expensive builds? goerend looks be be about $800 more.

Also are there any dealer for either company on here that offer competitive pricing? i have read about folks getting better prices from a dealer than going direct. I wouldnt mind finding a local dealer that could also install it..
Old 05-31-2011, 08:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Give Dave a call at Goerend. Call early in the morning. That is when I had the best luck contacting him. He may have a contact for a good installer in the area.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:04 PM
"Swole It like ya Stole It"

The 2 "G's" are your best bet...

BUT, Garmons Diesel is just up the road in Griffin GA!

Do some research, Jeff Garmon not only build awesome tranny's for towing and racing, he lives it! He races and test everything he builds.

Heard good things about Goerend too, but Jeff can ship it right to ya or you can drive up and have it done in one day then drive home.. Just make a apointment..

Let me know if you want me to have him call ya..

David
Old 06-03-2011, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Big Swole
The 2 "G's" are your best bet...

BUT, Garmons Diesel is just up the road in Griffin GA!

Do some research, Jeff Garmon not only build awesome tranny's for towing and racing, he lives it! He races and test everything he builds.

Heard good things about Goerend too, but Jeff can ship it right to ya or you can drive up and have it done in one day then drive home.. Just make a apointment..

Let me know if you want me to have him call ya..

David

Thankyou very much for the feedback. Griffin is almost 6 hrs away though.. I have found a guy near orlando with a good reputation. He is 2 1/2 hrs away from me. I will be providing all the parts so i know whats going into it.

I spoke to dtt the other day about their $2100 package. Their tripple disk converter has a lifetime warranty which is pretty apealing but i will shop that stuff a little more before i pull the trigger.

I already have a bd valve body so that will get checked out and reused. i wont be using billet shafts but should i replace the oem input or reuse it?
Old 06-04-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by butti
Thankyou very much for the feedback. Griffin is almost 6 hrs away though.. I have found a guy near orlando with a good reputation. He is 2 1/2 hrs away from me. I will be providing all the parts so i know whats going into it.

I spoke to dtt the other day about their $2100 package. Their tripple disk converter has a lifetime warranty which is pretty apealing but i will shop that stuff a little more before i pull the trigger.

I already have a bd valve body so that will get checked out and reused. i wont be using billet shafts but should i replace the oem input or reuse it?

No Problem , just let me know if I can ever help ya..

If your not doing any racing / boosted launches, I see No reason you can't use the stock shafts....As long as there is no obvious cracks / twist in the shaft, I'd say reuse...
Old 06-08-2011, 10:54 AM

Yes I wouldnt hesitate to drive that 6 hrs to Garmon. I dont have anything from him but he is a super nice guy and knows his stuff and will treat you right and wont try to over sell you on stuff you dont need.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:22 PM

I "Swoled my tranny" 2 days ago and got a whole new build yesterday....

I'm going to start a thread about it shortly with all the pics of my cool new stuff...

I'll post the link shortly...

It's even better now
Old 06-09-2011, 03:08 PM

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...=1#post2978867