3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arkapigdiesel
You sure that it's not leaking around the washer and dripping down? I noticed that the washer is pretty black also?.....
I just put it on. It's not loose. The oil is coming from the inside of the valve from the handle mechanism.
I'm not real happy about it. I'm going to drain the oil tomorrow and replace the factory plug.
On my 2000 I used the other one pictured, where you screw the hose on to open the valve. Never had a leak with it. And it was on the truck for over 160000 miles.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by txfiremedic
FUMOTO

EZ Drain

our whole fleet at work ran EZ drain for about 2years but every time I got one to change oil on I switched it back to a regular drain plug...the EZ drain took FOREVER TO DRAIN what a waste of time..
I am still a firm believer in plug removal, it's not that hard or a pain and every thing comes out IMHO
Old 03-04-2007, 12:50 AM

I have the Fumoto on my 04 and had one on my 96 neither of them I had an issue with oil being left in the pan nor leaking. Infact it was more recently that I put it on my 04 and I was thinking about it also about leaving oil in the pan but I had waited till it was just a slight drip drip drip put it in and it still dripped so I dont think there is an issue there.

Also what others have already posted here the bottom of your pan where the drain plug goes in is recessed up into the pan and the threads are also inside the pan so you wont get it ALL out of the pan besides your not going to get it all out anyways.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by danc46
I just installed one on my 2006. It is leaking out of the handle mechanism.
I'm not real happy with it.
It's possible it is a defective unit. Why not return it and get another one sent to you. I am sure there is a warranty for it.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by bry@n
It's possible it is a defective unit. Why not return it and get another one sent to you. I am sure there is a warranty for it.
Nope. It's already cost me $55 in oil to replace it. I guess I could reuse the oil but that doesn't really appeal to me.
The funny thing is, a friend told me the things were real bad about leaking before I put it on. He runs a quick-lube car repair facility. He either jinxed me by telling me that or it's true.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by danc46
Nope. It's already cost me $55 in oil to replace it. I guess I could reuse the oil but that doesn't really appeal to me.
The funny thing is, a friend told me the things were real bad about leaking before I put it on. He runs a quick-lube car repair facility. He either jinxed me by telling me that or it's true.
I can understand what your saying and I would feel the same way about re-using the oil. However, how about just doing a quick switch. unscrewing the valve and quickly replace with OEM plug. Then just top off the oil.

You could then exchange it and wait till the next oil change.