3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

dealer woes in Calgary Alberta

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealer woes in Calgary Alberta

I have a problem with the 48RE tranny "clunking" into OD & now it is sticking in first. My Dealer will not allow me to drive around in the truck for two or three days with their computer hooked up to record the performance, eventhough I offered them my VISA as security!. They are going to drive the truck, I dropped it off today & bet they will call tomorrow telling me there is no problem. Anyone has any ideas who I should see?
Old 06-10-2005, 09:44 AM

hunterrj, I've not had this issue but for service I've gone to Tower Chrysler in the 'south right by the Andersen LRT. Good bunch of guys in the service & parts depts...never had any problem with them. Ask the shop forman to go with you for a drive - he knows his trucks and has a 1-ton dually himself. Good luck.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:14 PM

Hi Steve034x4, [Removed Dealers Name], my Daughter delt with Tower who put in a computer for a week to resolve a tranny issue she had with her Mini Van. For [Removed Dealers Name] not to do the same to resolve my problem just doe's not seem right. They called me his morning, after keeping it over night, stating they were unable to recreate the sticking in first issue but are going to replace the valve body which they feel could be the issue. From my view point how keeping it over night, driving it home & back to the shop, putting on what 40KM max & saying the computer was unable to pick up a fault code is hardly giving the computer a chance to even see any faults as it has only stuck twice, both times after I have driven a fair distence then stopped at a 7/11 restarted, then it stuck. Anyway I'll see what this new valve doe's, if nothing I'll try Tower, Thanks Bob
Old 06-10-2005, 06:35 PM

I haven't tried Tower yet but will keep it in mind. I have tried [Removed Dealers Name] and can't say anything bad...but it was only 1 trip. [Removed Dealers Name] on the other hand...STAY AWAY! It took 5 trips to not fix a driveability issue and only took 1 trip to [Removed Dealers Name] to fix it after I got feed up with [Removed Dealers Name]. I have heard OK things about Eastside but this is from a friend who has close contacts there.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:00 PM

I found Crowfoot to be really helpful with my old 98. But I have also heard good things about Tower.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I never had a good experience at Varsity or Eastside, those are the only two I tried in Calgary.

Cochrane Dodge was by far the best to work with.

Scotty
Old 06-11-2005, 08:53 AM

So far it sounds like Cochrane or Tower are the two best to use then? Anyone else have any feedback?
Old 06-11-2005, 10:12 AM

Bought mine from Ponoka Dodge 04.5. Great service from Niel and crew but to far to drive all the time as I'm in Calgary.

Courtesy Chrysler four times. 1) lifter pump , towed truck and trailer all the way from crowsnest pass 2) power steering pump 3) u joints front drivers. 4) steering stabilizer. Service same day, and drove me to work and back every time.

Hmm...... four times, maybe I got a lemon!

04.5 lariat 4x4 srw, afe intake new can, 100hp dr performance chip and second set of rear tires.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:50 AM

Yep, It makes me wonder, these days all that seems to happen is they want to change oils & filters, charge $150 & get you out. The trucks all have to be hooked up to a computer so the Mech's don't have any imput. I'm sure they are all trained but, as the Service Manager said, DC won't pay for anything not showing up on the Computer, if they can't replicate the problem there and then, & won't give you the Computer to drive around with for a couple of days, wer'e on our own. Prehaps it's better out of Town where they appreciate the individual service as opposed to in town where they are after "bulk", quick, "in & out" $150 oil changes.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:12 PM

Your throttle valve is sticking in the valve body, mine did exactly the same thing. When you got it hot then parked it would feel like the pedal was stiff then press a little harder, but only after you backed up. Now is the time to have a shift kit installed!
Old 06-13-2005, 11:00 AM

Hi Hilclmr, The only thing stopping me doing engine and Tranny mod's is the extended warrenty (7yr 160K) & factory 5yr 100K warrenty. If I do something like a shift kit, bigger tork converter, chips ect won't it invalidate the warrenty. My wife just got the new Land Rover LR3 & you read their book, owned by Ford, pritty much do anything & it invalidates the warrenty.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:20 PM

In case the dealer name gets censored out, the name rhymes with 'wig', and has the number 4 after it. Talk to Rob 'Buddy' Bell. He's the shop foreman and an awesome guy to deal with, he'll amke the effort to get your truck fixed right, always has for me, I won't go anywhere else.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:54 AM

I've read a fair amount of posts over time with same issue.Most were repaired in 1 day.Valve/solonoid problem in valve body.