2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

stock alarm

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 06:52 PM
PK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock alarm

I Just bought a 99 CTD with 100000km on it. The stock alarm when setting it honks once.I work late and my neighbours are getting a little PO'd. Is there a way to silence this or just make the lights flash? (Lights do not flash at the moment). We have a 2002 Caravan that the lights flash and honk.
Also,
At about 50 m/hr a get a "Whistle" coming from my passenger side. Cann't tell where it is comming from exactly to fix. Anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance,
Old 10-03-2003, 10:16 PM

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts
Re:stock alarm

You have to be kidding. Your neighbors are getting tired of the little toot the horn makes when you alarm the truck? Are you sure they arent tired of hearing the rumble of the engine instead, which is 10 times louder? As for the noise at 50 mph, do you have a bug deflector? They have been know to make noise.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:39 PM

Not shure on the alarm question but the whistle you are hearing could be from the turbo. If the whistle changes with rpm it is the turbo. Just a thought!
Old 10-03-2003, 10:42 PM

Hook up a couple of Grover air horns to your alarm....then see how they like it. They will be happy when you go back to the little toot the factory horn makes.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:10 PM
LE

If you go to the dealer and let them hook into your ECM with their scanner, they can turn your horn on / off. They can also make your door locks lock or not lock apon driving, whatever the case may be. There is also something else they can control (turn on / off) if you want them to. Problem is they will probably charge you 50 bucks to do it. Good luck with it..............................LE
Old 10-03-2003, 11:28 PM

pk it seems like i read some place where you could turn the horn of with some kind of preset group of things you do .look in the tsb section. :
Old 10-04-2003, 03:45 AM
PK

Thanks everyone.

The whistle is definetly coming from the door/window/front window. Not the turbo ( I love that ).
The dealer replaced the windsheild just before I bought it so I might try some silicone around any "open spots".

as for the alarm, I wasn't sure if the lights were part of the stock alarm as well. I guess they'll just have to live with it!
Old 10-04-2003, 01:17 PM

A tip for finding leaks in the front window. Lay some paper towel on the dash, tape to post, and tuck in head liner. If you have a compressor blow air arround the window if the towel moves you found youre leak. If you don't have a compressor go for a drive. This works about 75% of the time to find leaks when the windshield has been replaced. Might help you find something if this is where it is coming from. I would also recommend useing urethane rather than silicone to fix a leak in the window. It will bond to old urethane and the glass better. You can get urethane at any autobody supply store. It comes in a tube that will fit a normal caulk gun.
Hope this helps and good luck.