Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Alarm System

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm System

I was ripped off yesterday for more than $1000. Tools, camera, etc. I know it's closing the barn door after the horse is gone, but I was wondering what the best alarm for these trucks might be? I'm not sure how they got in but the right rear wing window was open. I think you could lift the front door latch with a stick.<br>Thanks<br>Lloyd
Old 03-28-2003, 09:53 AM

Re:Alarm System

I just bought my (used) truck about 2 weeks ago. The day after I picked it up I had an alarm installed. I got the Avital 2200 and I'm satisfied with it. It's your basic engine kill/siren alarm. It has a shock sensor also and obviously, when those scumbags opened your door it would have tripped the alarm, possibly saving your stuff. Paid $199 installed at Best Buy. FYI... Avital, Clifford, Viper, and a couple other brands are all made by the same company.<br><br>Hope this helps,<br>Russ
Old 03-28-2003, 01:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure it has a starter kill. My alarm is a paging system, if the alarm goes off my keyring button alarm goes off. It cost alittle more money but nothing to good for my diesel!! ;D
Old 03-28-2003, 04:02 PM

A couple of weeks ago I was in Knoxville TN and someone broke out my rear sliding back window and poped lock out of passenger side door. I think they were trying to get truck but must have been scared off by someone or a car coming. I had Viper alarm with ign. kill installed as soon as I returned. They didn't know what they were trying to steal, Just had complete DTT transmission overhaul finished that day. I was about to have heart failure I could just see 4k driving off.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:28 PM

Sorry to hear about your lose L. D. Bryant. I went with a security system from Crime Stopper. This is a system that you can program. It has a door, hood, and impact sensor alarm, ignition kill, keyless entry, and auto start which has a programable run time. Also has a turbo cool down mode. Auto start, which can be programed to &quot;wait to start&quot; switch or 10,20,30 second delay. I love it and would be lost without. Check out thier site www.crimestopper.com
Old 04-01-2003, 06:37 AM

I've got the basic factory entry alarm system on my truck. Horn blows when door's opened. But I suppose a good car thief would know this and just snip the horn wire and easily run off with the machine.<br><br>Does anyone know if there is an engine kill accessory that can be patched right off of the existing factory alarm?<br><br>Also, I've heard that some folks just install a hard wired toggle switch that's hidden that will break disable the starter. Anyone have any info on this type of set up?<br><br>
Old 04-01-2003, 06:47 AM

I run These in everything they work really well and have not let me down yet. They also do remote start for the diesels so thats a bonus. They also have an output for a tonneau cover popper or tonneau keyless entry. I use it to let the air outta my bags so when I get out and Im walking away and everyone is staring at my truck I push the button and it lays the frame on the ground for everyone. Pretty funny show!
Old 04-01-2003, 09:02 AM

After some research it seems that a simple fuel pump kill switch is one of the most effective theft protection devices ...cheap too ;D.<br><br>Has anyone installed a fuel pump kill switch? Do you have an overview of the install?<br><br><br><br>
Old 04-01-2003, 09:07 AM

Does anyone know if there is an engine kill accessory that can be patched right off of the existing factory alarm?
<br><br>Are you sure you don't have a kill switch? I have a factory alarm on my '99 Dakota and it has a starter kill. I believe it's called the EVS II system.<br><br>Russ