24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

lift pump, injector pump, and now something else.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 11:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
lift pump, injector pump, and now something else.

My truck has been into the dealer for a few days. First they changed the l.p. and said it was fixed..but it wasn't. So I sent it back on a tow truck making it clear that it was staying there until the &quot;long start&quot; condition was fixed. 3 days later they call me and say they WANT to change the injector pump, but Chrysler would only do it if they replaced the fuel lines and some REGULATOR/CHECK VALVE thing in the motor first, (which they want me to pay $650. bucks for first.) in case they are bad.<br><br>WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THESE IDIOTS&gt;.<br><br> They wanted to change it without even testing it. Are they supposed to do this. I ripped the mgr. a new &quot;you know what&quot; over the phone and she backed off...said that her tech was going to call someone else at cummins, and she would get back to me.<br><br>IS there nothing I can do,..It seems like they know they are going to have to replace the VP44 but want to recoup their costs to do it beforehand...If I pay them for the extra stuff at this point, it'll be close to $1,000. they've got of mine fixing a &quot;warranty&quot; problem.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Re:lift pump, injector pump, and now something else.

I'm no genius, but it seems like the warranty should cover any parts that must be replaced, and the towing too. They bought my towing when my lift pump wnt.<br><br>Chris<br>
Old 05-21-2003, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time to call the service manager and explain that you want everything they want you to pay for in writing and why and what the costs will be. I would also ask for a written statement of why the manager does not feel that the warranty should cover the problem and all of the costs you have already paid. If they won't write the letter get them to give you the information and then you write it in a letter to them complaining that it should all be covered by the DC warranty. I would tell the service manager that you will be forwarding this information (in writing) to DC for their assistance in getting the appropreate warranty coverage. I would also involve the GM at the dealership since he might want to do what is right and not get hit by DC. Good luck.
Old 05-21-2003, 04:07 PM
Banned

Everything should be covered under warranty. When my electronics died in my tranny (don't ask me how but they did), warranty paid for it AND the towing. They replaced my lift pump under warranty also (the first time. I completely changed it the second time).
Old 05-21-2003, 04:21 PM

100,000 mile powertrain warranty!!! everything on the engine should be covered!! i would be hot to trot just like u r!! that is the biggest line of crap!! i dont know whats up with these dealers. if ur going to sell a vehicle that has a warranty u should back it 100% until the warranty is up!! wouldnt u think u would treat the buyer good so if something else happend after the warranty was over the buyer would come back to get it fixed??? this is crazy!!!!
Old 05-21-2003, 09:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This morning they called me (apparently the !?hole I ripped her over the phone made a difference) and said that after a big arguement with Chrysler, Chrysler had decided to send a VP44 on warranty. She let it slip later in the conversation that they tested the check valve/regulater and that it tested good, which meant Chrysler had to give me a new pump anyway, since that is practically the only thing in the fuel delivery chain they haven't replaced and it still doesn't start right up as it should.<br>We'll see tomorrow afternooon when I'm &quot;supposed&quot; to get it back in perfect condition. I'd hate to have to send it back to them. I'll probably send it somewhere else if it doesnt start as it should.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:18 AM

Ours is up to 105000 and no problems with the pumps. Honestly if you think about it. Most the people on the boards are people with a question or so. Think of how many trucks are sold and how few are on the boards. Kinda goes back to the whole college placement theory. They get those statistics from having there students perform an essay about it. Unless it has a job placement for that student were companys come and prehire them. Now the thing is. Do they think that every student will do the essay? No they dont. So that 90% placement is from the 60% that reported, which if you say there were 100 students 54 got a job, with the previous percents. But back to the subject at hand. Most wont come on, Hey whats wrong my truck runs fine, is my fuel pump ok. or I have 150000 miles and nothing is wrong at all. what should i be looking for. I mean people getting 600000 will report but yet again. The ideas you get from forms on bad pumps arnt something to take into consideration in this