Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Something else that "Christine" is doing now!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Something else that "Christine" is doing now!!

So I have come to the think that this truck just likes to screw with me! My new problem is actually a old one that I thought I had fixed The infamous fuel system!! Ok so here is the deal:

I am running a holley blue on the rail straight to the fuel filter into the IP then to a isolator then into my POS isspro gauge! Now for a while I had eliminated the isolator and was going directly to the gauge in cab I got kinda worried so I put it back on about 6 months ago, I was always seeing about 14psi until recently.

There is a shut off valve I put on after the isolator and then a snubber before it goes to the cab everything was working fine until about the same time the alternator deal came up!

So now when I start the truck I can hear the pump running but I have 0 psi reading as I drive the truck the gauge SLOOOOWLY starts to climb up to the normal pressure but once I shut the truck off instead of it going back to 0 psi it will stay at what ever it was reading prior to shut down

What I am wondering is:

1) Is there to much "stuff" on the fuel line causing interference?

2) Has my isolator gone bad?

3) Might I have something that has lodged in the line?

4) Has another isspro gauge crapped out on me

5) Is my holley going south and it might be time to just bite the bullet and buy a complete fuel system

OR 6) Could it be my tired 'ol IP (159,996mi on original IP!!! ) is finally ready for the bone yard??

So sorry for the long post hopefully I didn't lose your interest, but what are your thoughts out there??

Thanks Chris
Old 03-03-2008, 10:56 PM

Come on? Any ideas? It can't be that the post is to long... shoot Hohn's are twice as long!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check your snubber and shut off valve they might need adjusting to let more flow past to get a quicker reading, pretty sure your gauge and both pumps are fine just probably something between the fuel system and the gauge. Issolater maybe but i'd check the valve and snubber first maybe they closed or something
Hope this helps

TNutcher
Old 03-03-2008, 11:34 PM

if you are the same guy who had the problem with lights dimming and stuff and it turned out to be the alternator, I am not sure but I know in the past on my 97 cummins some freak of nature happened and while it was in getting a new heater core and thermostat the batteries got unhooked in just the wrong moment, or way, or ???? but both headlights blew out at the same time, brand new bulbs 1 week old, maybe something similer?!? could have been that when your alternator went it sent some kind of surge and screwed the guage?!?!? Also on our 76 Ford f250 when the alternator blew she took the voltage regulator with her, I don't know if this helps or even if it makes sense but thats about as good of idea as I have!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:47 AM

97Rambeast.........Yep I'm the same guy.

Those are both good suggestions I'm gonna check the lines first and then the gauge next. From there I guess there is a multitude of things that it could be.

I hope it is not the gauge again.

Thank you Chris.