24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!

take pity on me. i ran my ducati into a pinetree at 120 mph. no lie. hit that baby head-first. the bike hit a sapling, endo-ed and flung me like a javelin, whack! but i didn't expire and never lost consciousness. the reason i bother you with this extraneous info is by way of illustrating how tedious it is to work on the underside and under-hood of my baby. today i rolled out of my wheelchair onto the garage floor and set to work to install the temp probe for my new isspro tranny oil temp gauge. except what i had remembered from an earlier project with a quadzilla commander seems to have leaked out of my brain. nothing looked the same. i should also explain that at 62 years old i have that old-timer's disease. anyway i crawled into the house, called isspro and the tech there said they don't have any particular instructions on where to plug the probe in, on account of there are so many different applications. rather than laugh in the guy's ear, or cuss him out and told him to try applying his product to an '02 dodge tranny. still no help. SO PLEASE, CAN ANY OF YOU TELL ME WHERE TO SCREW THIS PROBE/SENDER INTO MY TRANNY? thankee.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:53 PM

Tranny temp probe

The best place to put it is in the hot line running to the cooler .There are a couple different places to get them. I also have old guys disese and can't remember where I bought mine. The place was recomended by someone on this forum so maybe they will chime in. Good luck.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:16 AM

Oil cooler tube with port for gauge sender.Mopar part#05011244AA.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by junkyard
take pity on me. i ran my ducati into a pinetree at 120 mph. no lie. hit that baby head-first. the bike hit a sapling, endo-ed and flung me like a javelin, whack!
Not to change the thread ,but how long were the cop's chasing you before you dumped it , at 62 you need to slow down and live good luck on the fix .
Old 09-15-2007, 01:21 PM

On a stock truck you need to plug it into test port #2. This is on the passenger side of the truck and you will need an adapter to make the sending unit install properly. You actually need 2 adapters. First you need a 1/8-1/4" adapter and then a nipple that goes from 1/4"-1/8".

That this does is allowfor the length of the probe to be installed in the fluid.

Go here:
http://www.quadzillapower.com/downlo...nder_main2.pdf

Look at page 11 of the PDF and it shows a sending unit installed in the transmission with some instructions. I think it will help a lot!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:02 PM

at 62 i have slowed down and i'm still alive to prove it. that particular crash took place 26 years ago, and the cop didn't get there until one happened by a half hour later. this was way out in the mountain woods of new mexico. he wrote me up for reckless driving/120 in a 55, gave the ticket to one of the other guys on the ride, and told him, 'give this to him if he lives.'
Old 09-17-2007, 10:13 PM

http://www.dieselmanor.com/dm_products/DM-CLG2.asp

Others have made their own test port for the hot line but I chose this option. Perfect fit and no leaks, lost less than 1/2 qt of fluid and I let the old line drip dry.

Good luck
Old 09-19-2007, 09:47 PM

gracias

there are various ways of skinning this cat, seemingly, and i took the most recent advice, from gzilla, but muchas to one and all...three, i believe. the easy part was getting sound advice from this forum. the hard part was finding the correct brass fittings out here in the land of the mojado and the border patrol. manny, moe and jack finally came to my rescue, even though the fittings were in wrongly marked packages, that had been torn open by previous shoppers, and reassembled (poorly) in the wrong pkgs. i spent an hour staring at pep boys' selection, and finally found what i was looking for.
thankee.