1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Saving a '91.0 W-250

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 12:20 PM

Received 2,383 Likes on 1,573 Posts
I also got a chance to spray can Fluid Film into the roof panel, where the plastic trim screw holes are.
At least where the trim USED to be before the last owner's Husky turned them into dog treats.
I figured soaking down the roof rail from the inside would help with the common roof rot issue, BEFORE it starts
Old 08-22-2015, 06:56 PM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by oliver foster
I also got a chance to spray can Fluid Film into the roof panel, where the plastic trim screw holes are.
At least where the trim USED to be before the last owner's Husky turned them into dog treats.
I figured soaking down the roof rail from the inside would help with the common roof rot issue, BEFORE it starts
Yeah the sooner the better in a case like that.
That truck must seem tiny after driving the crews
Old 08-22-2015, 10:54 PM

Received 1,332 Likes on 862 Posts
I like the smell of the fluid film as well. I do the same thing...either fluidfilm, or used oil up in evrry nook and cranny...pillars, rockers, doors etc.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by thrashingcows
I like the smell of the fluid film as well. I do the same thing...either fluidfilm, or used oil up in evrry nook and cranny...pillars, rockers, doors etc.
That is why I did the inner parts of the truck cab in Fluid Film, it smells good, in comparison to most oils.

I will spray the frame and underside of the truck/bed with summer weight Bar and Chain oil in a Schultz gun. In a case like this, I'll mix in a little diesel fuel to thin it, so it really soaks into the dry west coast sheet metal seams.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by mknittle
Yeah the sooner the better in a case like that.
That truck must seem tiny after driving the crews
Yeah, I will not be able to drive around in the regular cab much longer with the two 5 month old Pups sharing the bench seat with me. They are getting BIG fast.

I will be back to needing the crew cabs to get the "team" of 4 mastiffs down to the river/lake for a swim.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:24 AM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
Yeah, I will not be able to drive around in the regular cab much longer with the two 5 month old Pups sharing the bench seat with me. They are getting BIG fast.

I will be back to needing the crew cabs to get the "team" of 4 mastiffs down to the river/lake for a swim.
I can imagine with dogs that size mines bad enough with a Chi-weenie and a Chihuahua.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:50 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Ummmmmmmmm - Oliver? Why not just get the four big dogs to pull the truck? Think of the fuel and wear and tear that you would save!

Cheers Man!

Mike
Old 08-24-2015, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mike L
Ummmmmmmmm - Oliver? Why not just get the four big dogs to pull the truck? Think of the fuel and wear and tear that you would save!

Cheers Man!

Mike
I basically built my white crew cab almost 10 years to be the dog limo.
It has a front bench seat in the rear so the bottom cushion is bigger to fit more dog butt.

Those English Mastiffs are pretty mellow, unless there something going on they don't like.
As far as getting them to pull much weight, the backpacks I have for them to carry their own dog food and a few things when camping is the most # I can get the to "pull".
Old 08-24-2015, 01:29 PM
Banned

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
I basically built my white crew cab almost 10 years to be the dog limo.
It has a front bench seat in the rear so the bottom cushion is bigger to fit more dog butt.

Those English Mastiffs are pretty mellow, unless there something going on they don't like.
As far as getting them to pull much weight, the backpacks I have for them to carry their own dog food and a few things when camping is the most # I can get the to "pull".
i have a pack for my 70 lb pit. I was hiking the shenandoah with her about 3 years ago and someone stopped to tell me that it was "inhumane" to have it on her. I said "well, it would probably be less humane for her to not have food and water"

I wish I had a crew sometimes for this reason. with myself, the dog, and the old lady in the regular cab, it gets a little tight.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:03 PM

I hate people like that.
My dogs live a better life than me.
I haven't been to a doctor or dentist in about 13 years, my dogs go all the time.
People that open their mouth and tell me stuff like that get the "I hate you stare", which shuts up most idiots.
Nothing like getting silent stink eye from a crazy looking guy whose last hair cut was in the '90's and shaves his beard once a year, walking 1-4 huge dogs, to make you re-consider your rant.

Those people are usually the ones to usually leave their dog stranded in the car, dying in the sun with the windows almost all the way up.
Which is much more humane, than taking them for a hike.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:27 PM

After dinner my daughter helped me get the passenger door panel all re-assembled after I had cleaned it, installed a better speaker, and sprayed it down on the inside with fluid film.

We got it all back together and then swapped out all the seat belts that where messed up from the last owner's puppy chewing the truck up.

It is starting to be a fun to drive little truck.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:41 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
After dinner my daughter helped me get the passenger door panel all re-assembled after I had cleaned it, installed a better speaker, and sprayed it down on the inside with fluid film.

We got it all back together and then swapped out all the seat belts that where messed up from the last owner's puppy chewing the truck up.

It is starting to be a fun to drive little truck.
You're having too much fun....
Old 08-25-2015, 09:19 AM

I don't know about TOO much fun, but I am having fun.
It was great watching my daughter tighten up the 13/16 bolts for the seat belts with a box end wrench, while I spun out the other side seatbelt.
Better than kids just being zoned out looking at their hand held Apple "I-Stupid" all the time.

I might be having a little more fun than your welding project / rear bumper build on the hottest week of the summer.
That bumper came out great. Is it back from getting power coated yet - T-man?
Old 08-25-2015, 09:07 PM

I got the passenger window rubber vent seal swapped out today, on the passenger side, as the old one was shredded by his dog and duct taped over when I bought it.
I need to swap out the drivers vent window next as my windows chrome "closing arm" is missing on it.
I also threw a cool old school behind the seat shelf organizer, to hold a spare serpentine belt, fuel filter, and other neat junk.

I then took it out for a ride with my daughter, she appreciated the work we did last night when the seat belts worked smoothly and clicked in nicely.
She also liked having the inner door handle, window crank and door panel re-installed after a couple of weeks of them being off.

After a few days of running the new injection pump "tune", I think I need to bump up the idle just a touch. The truck seems to vibrates a tiny bit more at idle than it does 50 RPM or so higher once warm.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:19 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
I don't know about TOO much fun...

I might be having a little more fun than your welding project / rear bumper build on the hottest week of the summer.
That bumper came out great. Is it back from getting power coated yet - T-man?
Great your daughter has an interest in things you like. Either you're very lucky. Or did a great job being a dad...

I suspect it's both...

Suposedly about a week or so. Can't wait to get it black..

Quick Reply: Saving a '91.0 W-250