12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

general questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
general questions

I am finishing up the engine rebuild and have a few questions. The braided flex line on the inside of the P71oo pump....where does it go?? Actually I have 2 braided flex lines and I have know idea where the other one goes. They both hook up to inverted flare fittings. One is attached to a "T" with 3 inverted flare ends and one pipe thread end. I assume one of these lines goes to the injection pump and the other line with the "T" fitting.. ...??? Underneath the injection pump there are 2 threaded ports in the block. I think the front one is for oil pressure. What is the rear one for?? Is this an oil supply for the injection pump??

Turbo questions...... My turbo has a rubber flex hose coming off of it. Where does this hook up. Also I have a brass barbed fitting on the turbo, what do I hook up to this?? Lastly I have a hard line coming from the injection pump across and up over the head and then down under the turbo, what do I hook up to this??

Any help what be great.
Thanks,
Chad
Old 04-24-2005, 06:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I am finishing up the engine rebuild and have a few questions. The braided flex line on the inside of the P71oo pump....where does it go?? I don't recall any braided lines to the pump on a Dodge application CTD. Normally the one behind the pump is the return hard line to the tank, connected to the overflow valve. The only other line to the pump is on the opposite end and side and goes to the fuel filter.
Turbo questions...... My turbo has a rubber flex hose coming off of it. Where does this hook up? It goes to the pressure oil port on top of the oil filter housing. Also I have a brass barbed fitting on the turbo, what do I hook up to this?? In the Dodge application this is a hard line that returns oil to the pan, it is ported into the block down low straight below the oil filter.Lastly I have a hard line coming from the injection pump across and up over the head and then down under the turbo, what do I hook up to this??It goes to the turbo wastegate, if you don't have a wastegate it can be plugged.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:07 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
There is a braided hose that goes from the engine block to the side of the P7100 pump. It is an oil pressure hose. There is a second braided hose at that location that feeds engine oil from the block to the vacuum pump.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by infidel
I am finishing up the engine rebuild and have a few questions. The braided flex line on the inside of the P71oo pump....where does it go?? I don't recall any braided lines to the pump on a Dodge application CTD. Normally the one behind the pump is the return hard line to the tank, connected to the overflow valve. The only other line to the pump is on the opposite end and side and goes to the fuel filter.
I think I have it figured out. There is a flex line on the backside of the pump. It goes to the "T" fitting that is threaded into the block. The other flex line goes from the other side of the "T" and then runs to the vacuum pump. THANKS TORQUEFAN

Turbo questions...... My turbo has a rubber flex hose coming off of it. Where does this hook up? It goes to the pressure oil port on top of the oil filter housing. Also I have a brass barbed fitting on the turbo, what do I hook up to this?? In the Dodge application this is a hard line that returns oil to the pan, it is ported into the block down low straight below the oil filter.Lastly I have a hard line coming from the injection pump across and up over the head and then down under the turbo, what do I hook up to this??It goes to the turbo wastegate, if you don't have a wastegate it can be plugged.
I should have been more clear. This is not a stock turbo but one of J.R.'s hybrids. The rubber hose that I am talking about comes off of the wastegate. It is not the braided hose that supplies oil to the turbo. Where does this wastegate hose run to?? The brass barbed fitting is on the compressor side of the housing. Its not the oil return but I am not sure what it hooks up to?? Then I still need to know about the hard line from the pump running up over the head and down below the turbo. What do I connect to it?? Thanks for all the help.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:13 PM

The hose coming off the waste gate goes to the outlet of the compressor side of the turbo. The solid steel line that goes accross the head goes between 5 & 6 valve cover and is the fuel return from the injectors and connects to the top of the fuel return on the filter housing. The line on the back of the inj pump is for the AFC and connects to the intake manifold. Mine is about 5 inches long and loops around to the int man. Hopes this helps.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM

The hard line we are talking about runs from below the turbo up and over the head maybe between #3 and # 4 or maybe #4 and #5. It then attaches to a rubber hose that attaches to a barbed "T" fitting. This fitting connects to the injection pump and the other side of the "T" connects to the side of the intake manifold. I have a feeling that this connection may not be used anymore with the new turbo??? It seems like all three connectors are related to having something to do with the boost but since there are three I cant figure which connects where??

This hard line is diffrent than the fuel return line. Any ideas??
Old 04-25-2005, 09:43 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The hard line from the injection pump was used on some turbos to activate the wastegate. Other turbos have a short line from the compressor side to to the wastegate. Sounds like you have a mix of both systems.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:55 AM

yeah that sounds correct. Now that I have a diffrent turbo with the brass fitting on the compressor housing I guess I can get rid of the hard line running to the injection pump?? Anything wrong with just blocking this line off at the "T" located on the injection pump??
Old 04-25-2005, 11:03 PM

as long as the afc is connected to the int man, and the wastegate is connected to the comp hsg or int man.