Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Looking For A B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking For A B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Does anyone have a used one they want to get rid of ??
Old 09-09-2005, 04:19 PM
GSP

Ive been looking for a nice used 5th wheel. Ive been looking serious for about 2 months since I sold my Lance camper. Hunting season is here and I need one fast.

Its hard to find a nice used one that I want at a good price. I have drove many miles looking at them.

Id say give yourself several months , maybe 6 months to a year ,to find what you want . Ive seen alot overpriced and alot of neglicated 5ers. Seems the good deals go fast and others cant sell .

Rick
Old 09-10-2005, 03:40 AM

Why not a new one ?

Do you already have the gooseneck ? The companion option runs about $650 . I have one and I'm really satisfied with it but not interested in selling it . I better keep a close eye on it though if my wife spots your post .
Old 09-10-2005, 08:07 AM

Yes I already have the gooseneck, I am just needing to get the companion 5th wheel before the end of this month, thought I might find a used one cheaper than a new one, they are a bit high in price. By the way, where do you live ?? Just kidding, Anyway, so how do you like the companion 5th wheel ?? I am curious as to how it does compared to other 5th wheel hitches like reese, ect.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:16 AM

Talking I like it

And I live in KY , ain't that a tease ? I've only used the hitch half a dozen times . I was hauling RV's until fuel prices started going up in June . I like the way the B&W locks . I feel more secure with that type lock than with the type that can be released by just pulling the handle like a big truck . I might try selling my truck soon since there is such a demand for RV haulers for FEMA . Bennett and possibly others will sign on trucks without a fifth wheel so I may pull it out before selling . (Another tease )
Old 09-11-2005, 08:06 PM

Well if you decide to sell it let me know, I am just right across the river from you over by rockport. I would actually like to get into delivering campers on the side maybe just on the weekends, I just dont know to much about it or where to get started. I thought a person might be able to make a few bucks on the weekends if they weren't busy.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:42 AM

If anybody is interested, I found a place in evansville, IN that sales the B & W Companion hitch for 600.00 bucks, that is the cheapest I have found anywhere, went ahead and had them order me one today. Found it on the internet for 595.00 but shipping was another 50 bucks.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:27 AM

Hauling campers .

If rates come up your nearest terminal would be Bennett in Campbellsville , KY . There's a Feetwood plant there . You'd have to take orientation in Bristol . IN but have Billy in Campbellsville let you make that your home terminal . Bristol is too slow with paperwork and understaffed . Whenever I pulled for Billy I was always paid within a few hours of faxing my paoperwork in . You can pull just a couple of trailers a month to keep your lease . You might check with big RV lots in Louisville and Evansville and see if they have sold trailers to FEMA and how they are moving them . That would be better money .
Old 09-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Just got one and love it. Baught a new fiver in Richmond, IN and part of the deal was to throw in a B/W companion installed. Huge diffrence in the ride compared to my 30ft g/n I wish all trailors were fivers
Old 03-17-2010, 11:23 AM

B&W Companion hitch????

Originally Posted by deezulsmoke
If anybody is interested, I found a place in evansville, IN that sales the B & W Companion hitch for 600.00 bucks, that is the cheapest I have found anywhere, went ahead and had them order me one today. Found it on the internet for 595.00 but shipping was another 50 bucks.
Hey! Would you please send me the website address for the B&W companion hitch? Thanks
Old 03-17-2010, 11:24 AM

Where did you find the B&W companion hitch? Thanks,Craig
Old 03-17-2010, 12:12 PM

Check with local RV dealers . I bought mine from a welding shop that sells hitches . It might help if you give your location .
Do you already have the gooseneck ? From what I've seen the prices quoted here are for the 5th wheel to be used with an existing gooseneck .
Old 03-17-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by RickG
Check with local RV dealers . I bought mine from a welding shop that sells hitches . It might help if you give your location .
Do you already have the gooseneck ? From what I've seen the prices quoted here are for the 5th wheel to be used with an existing gooseneck .
I live in Louisiana and I am looking for the companion hitch to go with my B&W gooseneck. Someone posted they found one for 595.00 plus shipping.Can anyone tell me where?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:02 PM

Question B&W Hitch

Originally Posted by deezulsmoke
Hey, Deezulsmoke. Can you tell me where you got the B&W companion hitch? Thanks, Craig..........
Old 03-18-2010, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by craigcgirouard
Hey, Deezulsmoke. Can you tell me where you got the B&W companion hitch? Thanks, Craig..........
Note his post is almost 5 years old . Prices have gone up . The going new price now is $799 . There are several on sale at eBay with that "buy it now" price with free shipping . There re a couple for sale on eBay private auction . One is already over $400 and you'll pay shipping . I'd go new with a regular dealer .